No effect like Mass Effect

Mass Effect

Found 22 posts - Go to Last Post

Anyone else play/enjoyed it as much as I have. It's been a while, but I think I've the achievement for getting your characters to level 50.

As Yahtzee so wisely said in Zero Punctuation, it's not the greatest Western Arr Pee Gee, but that doesn't mean it's not terrible, and I enjoyed it alot.

By far worth checking out if you really enjoyed the KoTOR games.

Edited by Killak: No spoilers unless members request it by PM, please?
Last edited 06-03-2008 at 04:52 PM by Killak.
definitely a good game. i made a few playthroughs as well for using different difficulties, allies, and classes. i'm looking forward to the next installments.
I wholeheartedly agree.

I loved EVERY MINUTE of Mass Effect. Especially the Charisma system. I was a Paragon and then a renegade for fun, but IT was so good...

Big Grin
i did a review of this on here. i do agree with ZP that there was way too much talking. Plus the combat felt tacked on just because it had to look like Gears or GRAW in someway.
Any views on the class system.

The side-quest that you do to get the upgrade seemed pointless for me (as a vanguard) so in my first run I didn't do it, but 2nd run I went and did it (which was hard wen it came down to those really powerful robot bastards).

Tech Tree was quite good too, maxing out shotguns then using the Specter Shotgun is really fun when bodies start flying about.
I was such a huge fan of Mass Effect that I actually considered buying it for replay value. Yeah, an RPG with replay value. I'm not one for sci-fi but the RPG aspect had me hooked. I recall beating the game but I never replayed it to obtain the higher levels. Once the game goes to the platinum hits price (crossing fingers) I will probably pick up this game and add it to my collection.
Well, Mass Effect DID have some truly amazing moments. We've all seen Star Trek and wondered "What'd it be like to explore new places like that?"

So, it's natural for some to love ME.
You know what, I'm going to go play it some more.

I've been meaning to play through it again, and I think now may just be the time.
I beat the game once, and want to play it again...but I've got so many other games to get through...i might get back to it when i'm 84. Keifer Sutherland did play Vigil, though...aye?
didnt know KS had a part in it. But its been so long i can barely remember the names. I just called my guy Billy as normal and let the rest go.
How imaginative. Creative Writing degree really shining through.
*nudges*
well i was gonna go with Fagballs and ZP went with Titty.

but why should i be creative if the devs cant be pissed to do the same.
well i was gonna go with Fagballs and ZP went with Titty.

but why should i be creative if the devs cant be pissed to do the same.
Originally Posted by Blank Planet
Touche.

At least call him 1337 Shepherd or something hilariously stupid.
well i would if i hadn't sold the game for something worth while months ago.
Wh00t, just been playing it now and got to level 50 so "power gamer" achievement goes to me!

I remembered just how much I enjoyed that game when I was playing just a minute ago.
That zombie level is weird, just had to do it again and saved all the colonists, not having no mofos dying on my watch!
Wh00t, just been playing it now and got to level 50 so "power gamer" achievement goes to me!

I remembered just how much I enjoyed that game when I was playing just a minute ago.
That zombie level is weird, just had to do it again and saved all the colonists, not having no mofos dying on my watch!
Originally Posted by The Archanist
You're fucking kidding me. You started from Level One?
yep level 1-50, about near the end of the second run of the game too.

Might go for "Extreme Power Gamer" and get another 10 levels to 60. But that's going to take ages now, so much experience between each level =(
yep level 1-50, about near the end of the second run of the game too.

Might go for "Extreme Power Gamer" and get another 10 levels to 60. But that's going to take ages now, so much experience between each level =(
Originally Posted by The Archanist
I hate to say it, but you suck.

I could do it, if I gave a shit, but man... no point in powering. Just enjoy the game... ^^

The story's the best part!
But it's my second run ¬¬.
I already paid attention to the story in my first run, but I think that the 15+ hours that I've accumulated on Mass Effect says something about how much I've been playing that game.

On an off topic matter, I should have those Rock Band/Guitar Hero Related Ornaments, I've got played games of Rock Band and Guitar Hero 2+3 (as 1 isn't on the Xbox 360). Annoying internet =[
Then wait till your net is fixed. It only adds achievements you have.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account