To buy or not to buy?

General Chat

Found 8 posts - Go to Last Post

So I was looking at getting a gaming pc but I have limited knowledge on what specs I need, I want to be playing stuff like dayz and total war games maybe a bit of WOW.
I want them to run smoothly with decent graphics not too fussed if not on top notch graphics, I don't really want to spend more than £800 to £1000, anyone recommend some decent pcs? don't forget I live in the uk so prices and stuff will be different for those of you over the pond! :P
Be careful with that WoW stuff... I know people who've been completely and utter lost to it.. You don't need it anyway..no achievements....lol. You should try surfing for alien ware computers, that will give you a good idea of what you want, yes its high end but then you can either talk to customer service or bite the bullet and grab one.

Just bare in mind PC gaming is very different and you have to upgrade a lot to keep up with the newer games.. Someone once told me that a PC is obsolete the moment you buy it, because that's how fast that technology moves.

Myself, I would love an awesome PC, but ultimately I'm very happy with my console.
Be careful with that WoW stuff... I know people who've been completely and utter lost to it.. You don't need it anyway..no achievements....lol.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
This ^ right there. That's the only reason to avoid WoW - no achies, and absolute addiction.
WoW has achievements, has for almost 8 years. They just do not have Xbox Achievements.

I played WoW, I found it boring. No addiction.
Be careful with that WoW stuff... I know people who've been completely and utter lost to it.. You don't need it anyway..no achievements....lol. You should try surfing for alien ware computers, that will give you a good idea of what you want, yes its high end but then you can either talk to customer service or bite the bullet and grab one.

Just bare in mind PC gaming is very different and you have to upgrade a lot to keep up with the newer games.. Someone once told me that a PC is obsolete the moment you buy it, because that's how fast that technology moves.

Myself, I would love an awesome PC, but ultimately I'm very happy with my console.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
yh I don't disagree, but I got a few friends who play and I do enjoy MMOs even if there isn't any achievements, I was looking at the Novatech website which is uk and they sell some pretty sweet pcs and laptops for £500+ and there was even a laptop I think for £580 odd, which could run dayz and total war and pretty much every game with the standard parts (when I say standard, there the base parts which are still gonna be running you in high graphics), you can upgrade the parts but I figured if im gonna get one that can already run everything I need, why upgrade? upgrading increases the cost by £60-£100+ or I could just buy a better laptop on the site for cheaper!
Sounds like your well on your way to answering your own questions...lol..
Lmao yh maybe but I appreciate the help and advice don't wanna make any mistakes especially with lots of money xD

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account