Declined
Oh I do! I do tons of stuff to embarrass my kids.
Originally Posted by Kaens
As only an excellent parent can do!
Do you kids know pwned? Mine doesn't, I don't it would embarrass him at all.
Originally Posted by futiles
My favorite is much older than that. Whenever I give my 10 year old hell, or if her mother tells her to do something, I say, "OOO BURN!" She gets so worked up and replies, "How is that a burn!?" Ahh the joys of parenting.
Its now been a full week and no-one has found this. Are we sure it's definatley been loaded onto the site?
Its now been a full week and no-one has found this. Are we sure it's definatley been loaded onto the site?
Originally Posted by dieselv2
In all fairness, I have spent a solid 4-6 hours looking, but that was focused on 2-3 days. Once I couldn't find it on the day Eric unlocked it I stopped looking, waiting until Tuesday rolls around again.
In all fairness, I have spent a solid 4-6 hours looking, but that was focused on 2-3 days. Once I couldn't find it on the day Eric unlocked it I stopped looking, waiting until Tuesday rolls around again.
Except we do not know that Tuesday is the day as Eric stated he manually unlocked he badge for himself.
Except we do not know that Tuesday is the day as Eric stated he manually unlocked he badge for himself.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Exactly! So at this point I had a theory or two, but I had to wait for the right day of the week to roll around again. I feel like I have already looked at everything on this site 100 times. Even tried poking around on mobile vs desktop.
So I don't want to give away any of my secrets, but here are the steps I follow high level to find new secret badges...
  1. Read clue and look at artwork. Try to hit anything that I think it could be.
  2. Read the release notes, thinking that what Eric has been working on recently is usually what he wants to highlight with a mystery badge.
  3. Stalk Eric, see what he's been up to lately because he's always the first one to get it so if I copy him I could stumble into it.

Doing that, I've found them all fairly quickly (never more than half an hour, some just a few minutes), but this time with the addition of a specific day I have resorted to literally going through every feature, even if I don't think it is the case, to find it. Just methodically working my way through the entire site. Trust me, going to my activity feed and trying each filter is quite the pain in the ass.
The xbox 360 was released Nov 22nd, 2005 which happened to be a Tuesday, so I was chasing that idea around for awhile when it was thought Tuesday was the day to unlock it. Went to all the game pages for the 360 launch titles and some other stuff, but now guess that theory is probably thrown out the window.

I have a couple other ideas in mind, but will have to wait until later in the week to test it.
I still stand by the theory that it's only available on a Saturday; kind of a "week in review" type thing since the best week ever badges state that the week runs Sunday to Saturday.
I still stand by the theory that it's only available on a Saturday; kind of a "week in review" type thing since the best week ever badges state that the week runs Sunday to Saturday.
Originally Posted by Dvader83
By that logic, wouldn't Sunday be the day? Since Sunday would be the day you would go back and reminisce about the previous week?
So what's new that Eric has been working on? haha

Eric said he manually gave himself the badge so he wasn't able to go to pay on Tuesday so I'm guessing Tuesday is ruled out.

It says Search for...does that mean find out the site or it requires a specific phrase in the search box?

The icon is that of a calendar but there's only a few places you can pull a calendar up and plus a search on Assassin's Creed gets nothing too haha
So I don't want to give away any of my secrets, but here are the steps I follow high level to find new secret badges...
  1. Read clue and look at artwork. Try to hit anything that I think it could be.
  2. Read the release notes, thinking that what Eric has been working on recently is usually what he wants to highlight with a mystery badge.
  3. Stalk Eric, see what he's been up to lately because he's always the first one to get it so if I copy him I could stumble into it.

Doing that, I've found them all fairly quickly (never more than half an hour, some just a few minutes), but this time with the addition of a specific day I have resorted to literally going through every feature, even if I don't think it is the case, to find it. Just methodically working my way through the entire site. Trust me, going to my activity feed and trying each filter is quite the pain in the ass.
Eric, next time you need somebody to test the whole site, just pretend to have a new badge!!!
*cough* Throw-back Thursday *cough*
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
I see what you did there.
By that logic, wouldn't Sunday be the day? Since Sunday would be the day you would go back and reminisce about the previous week?
Originally Posted by futiles
Possibly, but the calendar in the artwork for the badge shows an arrow originating on the right-hand side of the picture, which is where Saturday usually is located when looking at a calendar with the days of the week laid out from left to right.
I just want to say, I don't think the icon has to be a calendar.
*cough* Throw-back Thursday *cough*
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Funnily enough, I've already tried 'throwback' on a Thursday (and Tuesday), and also 'flashback' on a Friday, if it's something like that.
So...... major troll from Eric?! Or is it an anniversary badge?
Well Fshguy got it yesterday.
I really hope he assigned it to himself...

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account