What Should I do?

General Chat

Found 19 posts - Go to Last Post

What Should I Do?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 35 (60.34%) Get a Used 360 and play now?!

× 11 (18.97%) Wait another few months for Xbox One?

× 6 (10.34%) Give up gaming all together?

× 6 (10.34%) Suggest another option, please:

• Added 09-05-2013 08:24 PM
  • 58 votes
Alright folks, I have been playing without a working disc drive since Christmas last year, and I am getting ansty about the huge collection of unplayed games I still have. I am wondering if I should just go get a used 360 from Gamestop for $129 and wait on the Xbox One, or should I just get Xbox One on launch like planned? I play my phone, Windows 8, and Games On Demand, but my collection is haunting me. What should I do?
I had my disc drive replaced for $50.00 from a guy I found on Craigs List
I took advantage of GameStop's last double trade-in weekend. Elite working and Elite w/ broken drive +$80 = SuperSlimExpress w/ 250 GB
The shity thing is that xbox one will not play xbox360 games!
I say get Xbox One on release. Wait a few weeks and pick up a 360 in the Jan sales or something.
I actually did the same thing as Rick back when mine stopped working. The guy even flashed my box just for the heck of it, though I haven't really taken advantage of it.
Repairing is probably a better idea than a new 360.
I actually did the same thing as Rick back when mine stopped working. The guy even flashed my box just for the heck of it, though I haven't really taken advantage of it.
Repairing is probably a better idea than a new 360.
Originally Posted by Obsidian Tides
Have you used one of the new SuperSlimExpress consoles? It makes the R2D2 360 and the Wii U seem loud and slow. I am extremely impressed with its performance.

Well worth the money if you can work out trading in the broken console and getting it for < full price.
Get it repaired and wait on the xbox one I say. You don't know the quality or problems that could happen with the xbox 1 and you don't want to spend a lot of money on something that may break down quickly.
Have you used one of the new SuperSlimExpress consoles? It makes the R2D2 360 and the Wii U seem loud and slow. I am extremely impressed with its performance.

Well worth the money if you can work out trading in the broken console and getting it for < full price.
Originally Posted by futiles
I haven't, but another downside to buying new is that the HDD goes to waste.
If the One wasn't on the way then I would probably suggest new, but there's no sense spending too much right now.
How does the HDD go to waste? If you have an original style, you trade it in.

If you already have a slim, the new SSE uses the same HDD, so you buy the "Arcade" model and pop yours in.
I thought the arcade models were stopped a while back. Either way, a repair is still cheaper.
Nope, they sell 4GB and 250GB Slim and SSE. Repair may be cheaper, but, not better.

I mean, he did ask, and I can say, I would much rather have the SSE than the old Elite
Thanks guys! Thats a lit of good advice to sort through...hmm...
He only needs it to last until he eventually gets the One, why use so much of that cash on a new 360 that does the same thing as his current one? There is no incentive to pay full price to get what he will already have after a simple repair.
Besides, if you get someone like the guy I used, you end up getting more than a new 360 because of perks like flashing to allow burned games.
Try a Pawn Shop, I picked up a used slim for $89 with a 6 month warranty, so far so good. Pawn shops are all bout moving product so you can haggle a bit with them, especially if you can talk intelligently about the product with them. You can even bring a few items from around the house instead of waiting and trying to sell them in a yard sale of over the net.. that could help off set the price too.

I used to think pawn shops were for shady people, but hell I picked up a copy of Bioshock Infinite for $2!! Yes that's only $2.00 not a typo for $20.! I have picked up a few new games like Saints Row the Third for $10. when it was just barely out.

Just don't go in all hostile like you see on those reality shows...lol.
The shity thing is that xbox one will not play xbox360 games!
Originally Posted by TAREKEGYPT
This is what I was going to say, so u might as well get a 360
Alright, I'm getting one repaired, and getting a new slim, so I still have 2. And I'll still get One. Since One doesn't play 360 games, I still need a working 360 for my massive collection.

Thanks everyone!
Buy a PS3. It'll present you with a brand new gaming experience. (:

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account