Upcoming Badge & Gamerpic Updates

News & Announcements

Found 24 posts - Go to Last Post

I apologize for reviving an old thread... but what is the reason that this badge can't be unlocked anymore? Did MS change the way a gamer's profile was being read (scanned), as far as the motto/bio is concerned... or was the change made here to accommodate having the gamerpic on the site match a gamer's profile?! Couldn't "two" scans be made - the old way and the new way... it's just programming code.

I don't have anything particularly important in my motto right now, so I wouldn't mind promoting the site (and obviously, there's no reason I can't)... but I'd like to earn some brownie points for it, too. Also... this is (was) one of those badges that could have had multiple levels to it (Level II: 7 consecutive days; Level III: 30 consecutive days; Level IV: 180 consecutive days, etc.) for days with the required tag/data to promote the site.

On a side note... does anyone know why the Xbox 360 "motto" isn't shown/supported on the Xbox One (or xbox.com) profile?!!
I apologize for reviving an old thread... but what is the reason that this badge can't be unlocked anymore? Did MS change the way a gamer's profile was being read (scanned), as far as the motto/bio is concerned...

On a side note... does anyone know why the Xbox 360 "motto" isn't shown/supported on the Xbox One (or xbox.com) profile?!!
Originally Posted by Darth Pinhead
So the simple answer here is, yes to your original question.

As to the side note, I would hazzard a guess that they just want to try and move forward and support the One more than the 360, because inevitably the 360 will be retried at some point or they think of it more as a catch phrase and we all know catch phrases change.
I see your point in making two separate scans for profile information, however it was deemed more efficient to only scan for profile information once per gamertag.

The additional endpoint only provides us with motto, bio, location, and gamerscore. All of which (outside of gamerscore) have been slowly phased out on Xbox One profiles as you mentioned above.

At this point given the limited resources we have I don't see the point in scanning everyone's profile just for motto and bio information related to the retired badge mentioned earlier. I can revisit this should there be additional support for this in the future.
I see your point in making two separate scans for profile information, however it was deemed more efficient to only scan for profile information once per gamertag.

The additional endpoint only provides us with motto, bio, location, and gamerscore. All of which (outside of gamerscore) have been slowly phased out on Xbox One profiles as you mentioned above.

At this point given the limited resources we have I don't see the point in scanning everyone's profile just for motto and bio information related to the retired badge mentioned earlier. I can revisit this should there be additional support for this in the future.
Originally Posted by GTN Eric
Okay... thanks for taking the time to read (and answer) my question. I hope MS will consider supporting the "motto" on Xbox One (and xbox.com), as I consider that a gamer profile feature, rather than just a "Xbox 360" feature. Besides... I have several ideas I think could EASILY be implemented into a gamer profile that MS/Xbox haven't even considered (otherwise, they would have done it already)... and I'm not about to give it up for nothing (I want to be paid for it or given a job in R&D for Xbox - AND paid for it! Stick Out Tongue ).

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account