Member of the Month October 2016 (Mardagg)

Community Interviews

Found 31 posts - Go to Last Post

You think speed kills, what until you get a load of this gamer? When you think about death do you lose your breath or do you keep your cool? If your racing against time then maybe this is the guy you need on your side. Since it's October the1st.. and the beginning of the holiday season I thought I would give you a scare, but I don't know whats more scary the coming of Halloween or the coming elections? Just rest assured this gamer probably won't scare you and I'm not sure he's not Pewdie Pie, I'm just telling you I have never seen him and Pewds in the same room at the same time, then again I have never been in the same room with him ever. Perhaps It's time for us to get to the bottom of this and stop me from babbling anymore so please may I introduce you to GTN's newest Member of the Month:

Name:
Dan Berggren

Where do you live?:
I live in a small town called Tomelilla in south of Sweden

What do you do for a living?
Atm I'm going to school since I had to quit my old job due to a shoulder injury, that unfortunately was to severe for me to continue working in that line of work.

Tell me about your Gamertag?
I have used Mardagg as gamertag and online handle since I started using the Internet in 1992. It comes from Games Workshop's fantasy role-playing game. It's the name of their version of Grim Reaper

When did you start playing?
My first video game was Pong 1981 and since 1982 we always had a computer in our home, but my own first console was Sega Mega-Drive. I have probably owned every console and computer you can think of.

What's your play style? Ex: booster? Completionist?How often and long do you play?
My playstyle has changed over the years. When I play on my X-Box One I mainly play casually but I try to play with friends and family. When I play World of Warcraft I'm a completionist, but I used to be a Hardcore raider. I play everyday and atleast a few hours.

What is your current gaming set up like?
My gaming setup atm is my X-Box One with my X-Box 360 connected to it and then I use plex at media player which connects to my plex server on my pc. Only gaming I do on my pc is World of Warcraft and Diablo 3.

Tell me a good gaming story or experience? ex: Epic win/fail, marathon, accomplishment, a time you visited a game convention or met someone...or anything.
I was waiting for Mass Effect 3 to be released and when it finally came out I played for over 24 hours straight, my family wasn't to happy, they couldn't reach me on the phone to congratulate me on my birthday.
My best marathon gaming session was when me and two friends decided to do a race in Le Mans (the pc game). We decided to do a 100% race, so we raced it just as they do it in real life, change driver every few hours.
The best accomplishment in a game is when me and my guild finally got Mimrion 25 man in World of Warcraft. It was when the raid was released and we had numerous 1% kills before we finally got him and we got him before they nerfed him and made it easier.

Do you have a special shout out to anyone in particular in the gaming community?
Only shout out I have is to the leaders of Gamertag Nation for all the hard work they do for the site and the community.

What's your favorite game genre?
My favourite genre is Racing closely followed by RPG and Sandbox games

What’s your favorite game on 360?ONE?Of all time (any system)
On X-Box 360 my favourite game is Assassins Creed.
On X-Box One my favourite game is Forza Horizon 2.
My favourite game of all time is harder to say, because over all the year's I have played games there has been really good games, like Super Mario 3, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII and so on.

What is your worst game and Why?
There are few games I can say are the worst, but in the later years I must say F1 2013, because the control of the car with a regular controller is so bad you can't even controll the car.

If you were a Video Game or game character who and why?
I would have to say Ezio, because who doesn't want to be a kickass assassin? Wink

Are you looking forward to any new releases?
I'm looking forward to a few games,
Final Fantasy VX, Mass Effect Andromeda, Kingdom Hearts, Forza Horizon 3 just to name a few

What else do you do besides gaming?
I'm into photography, so I'm out walking around a lot and trying to get inspiration.
I also a huge movie and tv series fan. (See next question)

Do you collect or not so much?
Yeah I collect. I collect special and collectors editions of games. I also collect movies and series on DVD and blu-ray, my movie collection atm is over 600 movies and series.

What's your favorite feature on GTN?
The achievement and game tracker and I must say the badges as well.

What would you tell people about GTN if you were trying to get them to join?
I would say this: Join Gamertag Nation, they have the best achievement and game tracker and they have also a close and friendly community.

Is there anything you would like added to the site?
Atm (At the moment) I can't think of anything special I would like to get added to the site, perhaps if a new feature on X-Box One comes live we might need something like a tracker of the feature if possible.

GTN on Facebook
Great read. Welcome to the MotM club, We're pretty excusive and cool!!
Wow I'm honored that I'm part of the club now. And the for great introduction B8TINGU. It made my day Smile
Congrats! Nice read! What kind of photography are you into?
Wow I'm honored that I'm part of the club now. And the for great introduction B8TINGU. It made my day Smile
Originally Posted by Mardagg
You know, most of the time it comes pretty easy, the intro.. I take everything from the interview and try to work some funny or intriguing anecdote and you, man it was almost like it was too easy...but for some reason it took me a long time to put it all together and I wasn't sure how you'd like it, but i'm glad you did.
You know, most of the time it comes pretty easy, the intro.. I take everything from the interview and try to work some funny or intriguing anecdote and you, man it was almost like it was too easy...but for some reason it took me a long time to put it all together and I wasn't sure how you'd like it, but i'm glad you did.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
yeah I really liked it Smile

Congrats! Nice read! What kind of photography are you into?
Originally Posted by DomeJohnny
I'm mainly into landscape and night time photography, I'm working on a blog where I can share my work, but its posted on my fb page atm
Last edited 10-03-2016 at 01:42 AM by Mardagg.
I'm mainly into landscape and night time photography, I'm working on a blog where I can share my work, but its posted on my fb page atm
Cool, I'm into nature and wildlife photography.

Could've used those in your interview.. dang, sorry I didn't think to ask, BTW are all those yours? Your really good!
Yeah all of them are taken by me and edited by me as well, this is just a very small portion of what I have taken, over last 10 years I have probably taken a total of 6000+ photos

No worries mate, we can't think of everything; )
I have finally started my tumbler page, so I will share my pictures there for others to see
I have finally started my tumbler page, so I will share my pictures there for others to see
Might want to be sure you have the correct link to your Tumblr page in your signature. I clicked on it and got a Google Security warning page that there was a potential virus on the link.
Wierd, i will fix it

Edit: done, damn auto correct on my phone, totally missed that
Nice photos! Very nice work.
Originally Posted by DomeJohnny
Thanks, makes all the nights walking around all worth it Smile

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account