New Blizzard MMO exists

Gaming Chat

Found 25 posts - Go to Last Post

IGN: New Blizzard MMO

I remember this being talked about a while ago but this is the only recent article I can find. So what could this mean? Starcraft and Diablo have new games coming up, WoW just got a recent expansion. Could this mean a brand new title or an old title in a new form? Sadly at this point all we can do is guess.
There has been a rumor for years of a Starcraft MMO
Blizzard denied that rumour but we all remember Diablo 3. They denied it for years and here we are...

An SC MMO would be cool but I think they should do something new, they are rolling in money and the game will sell well enough anyway. But knowing Blizzard they will stick to an old franchise, its what they do best.
Well Jeff Kaplan, the lead designer of “World of Warcraft,” has announced that he’s going to be working on Blizzard’s next-gen MMO full-time so maybe they will produce something this century. The rumor is that it will also be console based for what that is worth.
That would be good, its about time consoles got some mmo games. but at the same time i cant really see blizzard doing it, they seem more dedicated to PC gamers.
Hmm.... Blizzard has definitely invested time on PC Games, and have become a household name in most Gaming circles.... Maybe they will take this chance to spread their wings.

However, there IS the argument that they may want to stick with guaranteed cash from an already existing gamebase, with already popular franchises. It's the prudent way to get cash, and Gamefirms will have to tighten their belts in terms of expanding into unknown territory, along with new projects.
On the other hand I think the console market is where it is at. People get tired of upgrading PC's so they can play some game. I know that is why I left the PC gaming world. The good old days where I could run a flight sim on my 386 are long gone. With each new group of games comes the need for faster graphics cards etc.
It's a rollercoaster, you're right about that. I certainly hope it doesn't continue that way... PCs HAVE to stop SOMEWHERE, before they reach military level.
PC and the tech around them will continue to grow. so will consoles, only difference is that they come out every few years rather than the months it seems to take for graphics cards and new pc models.
Yeah... I can see that. However, I would like to see something new come in that replaces all the technology we have now.

Before, when we look back on the past and their inferior equipment, we always laugh, but I can't even begin to fathom the next step in technology. This is why things like GiTS and games that show the near future interest me. Wouldn't nanomachines be grand?
The problem is the finiances. GTA4 had a crazy budget as well as MGS4. Sony are still losing money over the PS3. The developers will have to think a bit more before releasing new machines. 360 has RROD, Sony is only starting to live up to expectations. Although I don't like the Wii myself it does show that we don't need new technology all the time.
I agree. The Wii has the "traditional" approach to gaming we all used to love.

It's what we started with in the days of the SMD, the SNES and even moving to the N64 and Dreamcast.

Lesser graphics (to an extent), but AMAZING gameplay. Like Zelda: LttP for SNES. I STILL play it. Fair enough, Billy doesn't like it, but it is a prime example of what I'm speaking about.

The first FF Games. WOW. FF3 is STILL ranked among my favourite FF Games.

1: FFX (Yes. weep)
2: FFVII
3: FF3

Now, graphics seem to be the getgo Sony are after. However, it means SQUAT without good Gameplay. Devil May Cry 4, for example. Absolutely gorgeously rendered visuals, combined with varied (2 characters) gameplay and huge levels of adrenaline. This basic feeling of Adrenaline in the heat of a demon battle.... remind you of tetris at level 13? Or of Bomberman, or even snake on your mobile?!

Gameplay. Pure, unadulturated Gameplay.

That's the get go.
After DMC2 that franchise went downhill. I played 4 and it just didn't appeal and what was with that guitar weapon in 3? And in DMC4 the levels repeated themselves, thats just lazy.
Same as in DMC1, I recall.. wasn't there a lot of backtracking there? It's almost a CAPCOM Signature.

The amount of backtracking in Resi, for example.

And I agree, the guitar pissed me off.
I dunno just seems like its time to move on from backtracking and give us new locations. the quality of games in increasing so devs should really be thinking of new things to do rather than keep copying what they did last time. It may have been fun years ago but not so much anymore.
Hmm... That's why free roam is so popular. You can go through known areas to get somewhere, or explore somewhere else to reach your route.

This is why I love Oblivion so much. And FC2. Man, the gun realism is one thing, but travelling around africa freely. Even you commented that you recognised a bird call. Now THAT is the future of Gaming.
Hmm... That's why free roam is so popular. You can go through known areas to get somewhere, or explore somewhere else to reach your route.

This is why I love Oblivion so much. And FC2. Man, the gun realism is one thing, but travelling around africa freely. Even you commented that you recognised a bird call. Now THAT is the future of Gaming.
Originally Posted by Killak
You will like Fallout 3 then as well. Not quite as open as Oblivion but pretty open never the less.
Agreed, I loved Fallout 3. I bought the limited edition when it first came out, and played it for 2 days straight.

It was amazing. Plus, I love the old school jazz that inhabits the game.

It really adds to the atmos, since jazz is such carefree, good time music.
What was with having to travel through subway stations in F3? I was right next to that galaxy news place and all that was in the way was a small pile of rubble...but no! had to double back and go through a subway. I really hope they don't use F3s ideas as a starting block for what they are going to do with TES5.
Agreed. The Subways were pointless. I wanted to travel through a destroyed wasteland. Maybe even a city long abandoned and half destroyed.

But no. We had to travel through a subway that looked like the Underground in the days of Ken Livingstone.

Yippee.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account