(You may not vote on this poll)

× 3 (13.04%) I only add people I know in real life

× 7 (30.43%) Almost always through playing games

× 1 (4.35%) Through online leaderboards / challenges / competitions

× 9 (39.13%) Through websites such as Gamertag Nation

× 3 (13.04%) I add anyone from anywhere - I just like seeing the number grow

• Added 09-20-2022 01:36 PM
  • 23 votes
A new week begins, so it's time for the polls!

Today's question is all about community. Even if (like me) you're mostly about the single player / couch co-op experience when it comes to gaming, it's all but impossible to have an offline profile but still take advantage of achievements, high scores, etc.

As part of the current gaming landscape,
people tend to make friends online. Now, this could be people you've had a positive experience with in a competitive scenario, like Halo team mates, or it could be people you wish to measure your progress against, such as people found in Pinball FX 3 leaderboards.

Maybe it's a friend you made during a third party interaction, such as finding boosting partners through websites, or helping someone with an issue on one of your favourite games.

What I'd like to know is: How do you usually make friends online?

Back in the OG Xbox days, my friend list was primarily people I knew in real life, or people I met playing Outrun or Halo 2.

These days, my friend list builds up mostly based on people I've had discussions with online, on sites such as this one. It might be a common interest, or it might be through a comment on a review, or it might just be from a quoted topic going back and forth.

What about you?

Burnout Paradise was THE most social game online back In 2007.
Burnout Paradise was THE most social game online back In 2007.
Originally Posted by Nod Nolan
Ah man, I know! I met a ton of friends through that. I spent so long going for the challenges too. The 8 player challenge doing barrel rolls through the pipe at the air field is a very fond memory of mine... Especially as I did it twice with two different 8 player groups. I can't remember what the achievement was - it might have been for completing 250 challenges or something ridiculous - but I worked towards that for a long time.

I've done a handful of challenges in the remaster, but it seems to be harder getting people to chip in these days. Too much choice in what to play, and too many people "invested" in MTX filled bullshit to bother, I guess.
The majority of the time was through a shared game, whether boosting or just playing Co-Op or multiplayer. My 360 friend list was always maxed.
I always thought being selective, and routinely weeding your friends list was the best way to go.
I always thought being selective, and routinely weeding your friends list was the best way to go.
Originally Posted by futiles
Considering my real-life friend list has been pruned to zero, I can't wholly disagree :-P
By subscribing for $4.99 a month. Why, are you telling me there's other ways?
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Improve your friend making with this One Weird Tip!
Originally Posted by Dacoto
By the way, you owe me like 6 months...
Ah man, I know! I met a ton of friends through that. I spent so long going for the challenges too. The 8 player challenge doing barrel rolls through the pipe at the air field is a very fond memory of mine... Especially as I did it twice with two different 8 player groups. I can't remember what the achievement was - it might have been for completing 250 challenges or something ridiculous - but I worked towards that for a long time.

I've done a handful of challenges in the remaster, but it seems to be harder getting people to chip in these days. Too much choice in what to play, and too many people "invested" in MTX filled bullshit to bother, I guess.
Originally Posted by C64 Mat
I need alot of the remaster online. Hmu anytime

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account