EA Subscription Service Coming to Xbox ONE

Xbox One / Series X|S

Our group of "hardcore gamers" is 1% of their subscribers. Even if every, single one of us is a ridiculous collector with 12 consoles (we aren't), then we still would only be 10%. So, no, it would barely be a footnote.
Originally Posted by futiles
Some us are though Wink

Thank Futiles for sharing the quote about the servers. I agree that infers everything is running on their infrastructure but it doesn't say it HAS to be. Thanks also for confirming about the home console trick, now I'm going to have to go load these things on my son's box so he can play Battlefield and Madden 25.

Regarding the servers, I'm thinking last gen whenever I played Madden I always go a "connecting to EA servers", but I don't recall doing that with Madden 25. So if EA didn't do it for Madden, they won't do it for anything I'd suspect. This confirms your quotes in my mind as MS is hosting the game servers and they will not go away.

EA Sub continues to be a great value. It's so cheap for what you get, even with this tiny library so far, that I don't know how anyone could argue differently. Just to be clear, arguing that "I don't want it" or "It doesn't have any games I like or don't already own" does NOT make it not a great value, just something you don't want. Chicken livers could be buy 1 get 10 free and I would never buy them. Still a great value.
It looks like they're adding NFS:Rivals this month to the vault.

I spent the $30 on this and think its a pretty good deal so far. I'd already picked up Madden, BF4, NFS and Peggle 2 before they announced the Access program, so all I really got was FIFA. Well that and the fact that I no longer have to swap discs for the other titles I purchased physically.

Now all I need to do is curb my impulse buying for EA titles, and this should save me a ton of cash if EA follows through and adds the majority of their catalog to the vault. I realize I'll probably have to wait 6-12 months to play the newer titles, but no big deal considering my backlog of games.

If EA starts pulling titles out of the vault (which they stated they wouldn't), I'll reconsider how much of a deal this actually is.
Some us are though Wink
Originally Posted by Kaens
I know, and I accept that...

Thank Futiles for sharing the quote about the servers. I agree that infers everything is running on their infrastructure but it doesn't say it HAS to be. Thanks also for confirming about the home console trick, now I'm going to have to go load these things on my son's box so he can play Battlefield and Madden 25.

Regarding the servers, I'm thinking last gen whenever I played Madden I always go a "connecting to EA servers", but I don't recall doing that with Madden 25. So if EA didn't do it for Madden, they won't do it for anything I'd suspect. This confirms your quotes in my mind as MS is hosting the game servers and they will not go away.

EA Sub continues to be a great value. It's so cheap for what you get, even with this tiny library so far, that I don't know how anyone could argue differently. Just to be clear, arguing that "I don't want it" or "It doesn't have any games I like or don't already own" does NOT make it not a great value, just something you don't want. Chicken livers could be buy 1 get 10 free and I would never buy them. Still a great value.
You and I have been on the same side of this the whole time, too. It doesn't make any sense to NOT get this unless owning a physical disc is important to you and/or you will not give EA any money no matter what.
It looks like they're adding NFS:Rivals this month to the vault.

I spent the $30 on this and think its a pretty good deal so far. I'd already picked up Madden, BF4, NFS and Peggle 2 before they announced the Access program, so all I really got was FIFA. Well that and the fact that I no longer have to swap discs for the other titles I purchased physically.

Now all I need to do is curb my impulse buying for EA titles, and this should save me a ton of cash if EA follows through and adds the majority of their catalog to the vault. I realize I'll probably have to wait 6-12 months to play the newer titles, but no big deal considering my backlog of games.

If EA starts pulling titles out of the vault (which they stated they wouldn't), I'll reconsider how much of a deal this actually is.
Originally Posted by darkside
It depends. If they pull it out of the vault for new users, or if they revoke access for existing users that downloaded it already?

Option 1 may happen (and why not?), but that would not affect you, who already has it.

Option 2 would be a deal breaker for many people.
It depends. If they pull it out of the vault for new users, or if they revoke access for existing users that downloaded it already?

Option 1 may happen (and why not?), but that would not affect you, who already has it.

Option 2 would be a deal breaker for many people.

Good point, I never considered the option to remove older titles for new users. And if they consider you a new user if you cancel and re-subscribe, it would encourage existing users who just subscribe for one month here and there to just go for the yearly sub. That would make sense for EA, and being that the yearly sub price is not outrageous, I wouldn't fault them for doing that.

If they went with option 2, then I'd have an issue.
Good point, I never considered the option to remove older titles for new users. And if they consider you a new user if you cancel and re-subscribe, it would encourage existing users who just subscribe for one month here and there to just go for the yearly sub. That would make sense for EA, and being that the yearly sub price is not outrageous, I wouldn't fault them for doing that.
Originally Posted by darkside
That is the same model as GwG on 360 and X1 as well as PS+ on all their devices...
This is definitely interesting and I look forward to how it plays out for them, personally i think the price is too low and think even at 100bucks a year the program would be a steal. Especially if they keep adding games. A lot of companies followed the $10.00 online pass thing that EA came up with and i wonder if any publishers will copy this model as well...please Ubisoft please!!!
Need for speed available on vault :-)
FIFA 15 Xbox One Available Now Through EA Access
EA Access surpassing all internal estimations for number of subscribers.
For this EA access do you download the games to your hard drive ?
For this EA access do you download the games to your hard drive ?
Originally Posted by MrGompers
Yeah, it's basically a purchase with a temporary license. If you no longer have your EA pass, it will fail the validation step (which you don't see) and you won't be able to play it but it will still be on your hard drive. Basically exact same way it works if you rent a game, yeah I should have compared it to long term rental!
Yeah, it's basically a purchase with a temporary license. If you no longer have your EA pass, it will fail the validation step (which you don't see) and you won't be able to play it but it will still be on your hard drive. Basically exact same way it works if you rent a game, yeah I should have compared it to long term rental!
It is actually exactly how PS+ works. As long as you have a Playstation Plus account, you get to download free games (woowoo!), but, when you account lapses, you no longer have access to use those games. They are full versions of the game, and as Kaens said, they are digital copies downloaded to your HDD (internal or external), and your console is licensed to them, so, anyone on your console can play them. They are also licensed to you, so, you may download and play them on any console.
Will games on EA access service include DLC ? I can't seem to find a definitive answer on this, even on EA's website.
Will games on EA access service include DLC ? I can't seem to find a definitive answer on this, even on EA's website.
Originally Posted by MrGompers
DLC is definitely NOT included, but if you choose to purchase you get 10% off.
DLC is definitely NOT included, but if you choose to purchase you get 10% off.
So your purchasing dlc on a game your renting? This whole thread sounds too hokey to me. Maybe I'm just missing the point but I'll stick with what I know for now and my gut is just telling me no, or is that the three day expired milk I just drank......eeww!
So your purchasing dlc on a game your renting? This whole thread sounds too hokey to me. Maybe I'm just missing the point but I'll stick with what I know for now and my gut is just telling me no, or is that the three day expired milk I just drank......eeww!
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
This IS the PS+ model, which gets so many rave reviews. You are not renting anything, there is no limit to the usage or timeframe. As long as you have an active account, you have full use of everything in the vault. Once it enters the vault, it is always in the vault.

I really don't get why you are so against it. If you don't like it, fine, don't subscribe. But, that is foolish. $30/year for many games (in 6 months, I have received Battlefield, Madden, Need For Speed, Plants vs Zombies, and FIFA. Peggle I already owned), and I will likely never buy another EA game, as, it will likely just end up in the vault. Yes, you buy DLC, but, at 10% off.

Yes, you have clearly identified that YOU are missing the point, repeatedly, in this thread.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Well, it's a cheap long term rental... If I thought I'd get my money's worth from the DLC I'll play it.
This IS the PS+ model, which gets so many rave reviews. You are not renting anything, there is no limit to the usage or timeframe. As long as you have an active account, you have full use of everything in the vault. Once it enters the vault, it is always in the vault.

I really don't get why you are so against it. If you don't like it, fine, don't subscribe. But, that is foolish. $30/year for many games (in 6 months, I have received Battlefield, Madden, Need For Speed, Plants vs Zombies, and FIFA. Peggle I already owned), and I will likely never buy another EA game, as, it will likely just end up in the vault. Yes, you buy DLC, but, at 10% off.

Yes, you have clearly identified that YOU are missing the point, repeatedly, in this thread.
I only miss the point because I'm a collector and I like being able to play my games anytime I want. IF there is a problem with the service or if EA decided to take a game out of the vault because they think it's not "Doing" well and they need server space, then I can't play that game.. sigh I know it's probably a phenomenal deal but for me personally it isn't. I get that I'm in the low end and there are not many hardcore collectors out there. Maybe one day I'll crack and take a lung and look into this with a $30 investment, but until that day comes, I'll just sit on the side lines and watch the parade.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account