GTASC 2015 trash talking thread

Gaming Chat

Kaens has barely 800 points this month... I'm surprised he's still in this... Smile
Originally Posted by Fshguy
It's a marathon, not a sprint gentlemen!
agreed, I only have 63 points and im still in both the team and individual. I got over 900 points coming your way today though. lol

xbox fitness has been my go to game and the telltale series.
Honestly if your casual gaming doesn't have you forget that you are even in the competition thru the summer, you won't be making this thru to the end. Ratio decay this year though seems to have knocked out a number of names that surprised me though. Ever reminding me why I don't play new titles....
Honestly if your casual gaming doesn't have you forget that you are even in the competition thru the summer, you won't be making this thru to the end. Ratio decay this year though seems to have knocked out a number of names that surprised me though. Ever reminding me why I don't play new titles....
Originally Posted by Spazpol
That's a shame though that you don't play new titles just for the sake of some contest. I mean it would be different if the contest were giving away something spectacular, but a --shirt and/or a hoodie? Even if I do make it to the finals, which I doubt, I don't for see myself bing gaming or loading up to win. Ask me why I'm in it then? Well good question; for community, for motivation, for something to do, or maybe in case someone puts up a better prize? I just fear with the release of Mortal Kombat X or The Elder Scrolls online I may be subject to that ratio decay you'er speaking about.
That's a shame though that you don't play new titles just for the sake of some contest. I mean it would be different if the contest were giving away something spectacular, but a --shirt and/or a hoodie? Even if I do make it to the finals, which I doubt, I don't for see myself bing gaming or loading up to win. Ask me why I'm in it then? Well good question; for community, for motivation, for something to do, or maybe in case someone puts up a better prize? I just fear with the release of Mortal Kombat X or The Elder Scrolls online I may be subject to that ratio decay you'er speaking about.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
I don't play new titles because I have over 200+ titles I haven't played on my tag yet. With all the garbage I have purchased I never have gotten around to, I can't justify spending $60 for new titles all the time. I on rare occasions by something at launch that "jumps the line" but otherwise, I'd be wasting even more money than I already do. No thanks to games with gold, I'll never run out of things to play.
I don't play new titles because I have over 200+ titles I haven't played on my tag yet. With all the garbage I have purchased I never have gotten around to, I can't justify spending $60 for new titles all the time. I on rare occasions by something at launch that "jumps the line" but otherwise, I'd be wasting even more money than I already do. No thanks to games with gold, I'll never run out of things to play.
Originally Posted by Spazpol
You'd be very surprised as to how many people think the same way as you..me included..
My backlog is insane too and I already have a big backlog of games (10+) on the One that I need to play. That's why now that the 'rush' of new X1 games are out, I have decided to only play games that are on my tag, improve my completion %, and make Fsh believe I could get the 75% badge. Then next year when I come back to the One, I'll have a stack of games to play and everything I haven't bought already will be on sale.
Rich didn't want large prizes - that's why we changed from hardware to hoodies.

I agree its slow now, with the mad jump in active teams we have more chaff to burn through before it heats up for those that will be making a push.
of course my achievements wont unlock now... damn Microsoft. I get error code 0x87c4011 when trying to view achievements on the xbox one. of course the code cannot be recognized by support and they say xbox live services are all available. sigh... looks like ill have to use my bonus or get eliminated...
Rich didn't want large prizes - that's why we changed from hardware to hoodies.

I agree its slow now, with the mad jump in active teams we have more chaff to burn through before it heats up for those that will be making a push.
Originally Posted by planting42
Oh, I'm not necessarily bashing you or TA for downgrading the prizes I understand that to sustain that every year is insane and the great the prize the more chance of cheating is probable, we've all seen such instance in the past. Besides that the contest gets the community going, I just gripe because even though I have the games and the drive to do it, I lost out on the previous years prizes...lol. If I didn't support the contest in any way I wouldn't have even bothered to make this thread.
So how is everyone doing? All of you still in?
Originally Posted by Mephisto4thewin
Can't verify everyone but of the people I do know I saw Mr. Gompers Team lost an individual ajmon13 was eliminated, but he's also not registered here.
Both of my team mates have been eliminated from the individual contest, but we are still in as a team. I also noticed that starting last week the cut off is now 8pm EST instead of 7pm. Did Europe adjust for daylight savings time?
Both of my team mates have been eliminated from the individual contest, but we are still in as a team. I also noticed that starting last week the cut off is now 8pm EST instead of 7pm. Did Europe adjust for daylight savings time?
Originally Posted by MrGompers
Yea, they adjust about month after the US does.
we are still in it to win it! Cowbell
Originally Posted by Preludecris
I'm not in it to win it, I just intend to beat B8. So far, still on track Wink
Originally Posted by Kaens
We all have our goals in life... Smile
Originally Posted by Kaens
Yup, you keep telling yourself that. We'll see who finishes this ahead of the other. Maybe a side wager is in order?
Yup, you keep telling yourself that. We'll see who finishes this ahead of the other. Maybe a side wager is in order?
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
only side wager kaens would want is a badge. lol Stick Out Tongue
only side wager kaens would want is a badge. lol Stick Out Tongue
Originally Posted by Preludecris
LOL, now that I like! Somehow I don't see a badge for TA challenge here Wink

You know though, if we had a goals feature here there could be badges for meeting your goals. Granted those could easily be fudged by people making insanely easy goals, but I guess the goal of the badges is really to get people to try features and site participation so mission accomplished?

What did you have in mind, B8?

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account