Found 21 posts - Go to Last Post

Where do you buy your games on Disc?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 5 (11.36%) Best Buy, I like the Gamers Unlocked Club

× 0 (0%) Target, is on point for me

× 0 (0%) Walmart, they never fail me

× 14 (31.82%) Game Stop, they have a card too

× 4 (9.09%) Amazon, I don't set foot in a store

× 11 (25.00%) On a disc? Screw that! I am not a goddamn savage (The futiles Option)

× 4 (9.09%) I live outside the US & use (Comment Below)

× 6 (13.64%) Other (Comment Below)

• Added 09-04-2015 10:07 PM
  • 44 votes
In keeping with tradition I just purchased some Xbox One games before I even have my console. I should be receiving Watchdogs, Assassin Creed: Black Flag, The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season, Lego: The Hobbit, and Star Wars Angry Birds some time next week. I have purchased a large part of my collection through Best Buy (90-95%). Even though the way people buy games landscape is changing I rather have a new disc (Not Used) in hand then digital, that's just me. I'm finding it a little harder to get the games I want if I don't purchase on day one.

Case in point, I tried to order Lego: The Hobbit at Best Buy when it became a clearance item. There are no copies in my area any more. I tried to order online, but there is no shipping options. Just a store pick up pick up. So I ended up ordering it through Amazon because they actually had it in stock. Best Buy customer service and my overall satisfaction has been declining over the last couple of years. To that end I think I need to start looking in other places to get my games.

Where do you get your games?
There are a lot of competitive game sites out there, gamefly often has really good sales on usd games, though you say you don't like them a lot of people swear by them and thus Gen being on blue ray and supposedly pretty near impossible to scratch. Plus yo get the case and any codes it may have come with in brand new condition.

Even though I bought some games from them and the packaging was in perfect condition the games them selves had pits in them, but I here my experience was the exception not the norm.

I try to keep a look out on for good deals on new games, but with so many sites out there you can often find a better deal a week later than after you bought it, s ots like a double edge sword.
Gamefly for a lot of the stuff that I would get on disc, if you can get in rental queue, you can get new games for around $45. Sales later are good too. Most "keeper" games are going digital.
Whichever option is the best deal, usually.
On a related note, I don't even own any physical games for the One yet, so take that as you will.
Again, are we savages?
Originally Posted by futiles
I am.

Best Buy is good with new games, Amazon and gamefly are great options as well especially for used games. GameStop is just a rip off to me lol
Used to be EB Games and Microplay up here in Canada for most of my stuff, but since X1 I've moved to pretty much all digital. Bought a 4TB drive and keep everything I buy on it (including completed games), so I can bring it with me if needed.
I am.

Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Wow, that was horrible.
Right now I'm doing Microsoft Store preorders for their $15 rebate to your Microsoft account. Once that ends, I'll probably go back to Amazon.

I'd buy more digital stuff if they made it cheaper than buying a disc with resale value.
I've been going digital a lot lately but when I go disc, I usually just pick it up at Wally World or Gamestop.
I received my first batch of games today. I ordered 2 groups of games. One from Amazon and one from Best Buy. Guess which order arrived first?

Amazon of course.
I'm baffled why you bought Black Flag, it was a GwG.
I'm baffled why you bought Black Flag, it was a GwG.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Some games I rather have the disc. That is one of them.
I go to gamestop but not to just buy games I go there to Dumpster Dive also.
My X1 had disc drive error and takes a while to get it to read the disc. This happened last year around holiday time and there was something coming out I really wanted to play so I didn't send my console in to get fixed (out of warranty) so I bought it digitally and a week or two later bought another. I then realized how nice it was to not have to get the disc, put back in case put back on shelf ect.. just being able to say Xbox play( any game name) and it loads up is so convenient that the gamer's club unlocked money i was saving doesnt seem so important anymore.

There are still deals buying digitally but generally just have to wait a bit longer. All games I consider must have I dont mind paying full price for

I Love my Kinect and will be all digital from now on.....I would like a Pip Boy edition of Fallout 4 though
My X1 had disc drive error and takes a while to get it to read the disc. This happened last year around holiday time and there was something coming out I really wanted to play so I didn't send my console in to get fixed (out of warranty) so I bought it digitally and a week or two later bought another. I then realized how nice it was to not have to get the disc, put back in case put back on shelf ect.. just being able to say Xbox play( any game name) and it loads up is so convenient that the gamer's club unlocked money i was saving doesnt seem so important anymore.

There are still deals buying digitally but generally just have to wait a bit longer. All games I consider must have I dont mind paying full price for

I Love my Kinect and will be all digital from now on.....I would like a Pip Boy edition of Fallout 4 though
Originally Posted by Sith Rick
I bought the Pip Boy edition of Fallout 4. Selling the disc to a friend for $35. Buying the game digitally for $60. I still get my gamer's club discount, so, $100 for the Pip Boy edition. $125 out of pocket, just like if I had bought it off the shelf...
I price match everything at Best Buy, even when going digital, I buy my Live currency pre-paid cards there.
I am.

Originally Posted by B8TINGU
I fully support this comment and idiology. I am a savage too.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account