Member of the Month July 2015 (Musquito)

Community Interviews

Found 11 posts - Go to Last Post

Ok all you kiddies in wonderland! I here it's the first of the month and with that I have to pick out of my magic hat and give you a new member of the month! This month we find yet another terror to be reckoned with when it comes to the Windows Phone games, this gamer has been around, but it almost wasn't so.. sit right back and hear the tale of one of our very own....

Name:
Lindsay

What do you do for a living?
I work as a personnel administration employee making sure everyone gets their salary in time.

Tell me about your Gamertag?
I did not create a gamertag on my very old Xbox as I did not have a credit card back in those days. Unfortunately you could not pay with a prepaid card for a subscription for Xbox Live. By the time I got my first Xbox 360, I tried out a lot of possible gamertags but they were all taken. While thinking of another one I saw a mosquito flying around in my room. I thought to myself “why not” and I entered “ Musquito ”. I was glad it was still free, probably because I spelled it wrong. I have some resemblances with those little animals: during summertime I am annoying, make a lot of noise and I bite... Well that last part is not true.

When did you start playing?
I started playing when I got a Gameboy and I believe I was 11. I spent a lot of time on that old Gameboy. I still got it, but it does not work anymore. My first real console was a Sega MegDrive and I never liked it. Too bad I wrongly chose the MegaDrive above the SNES but I was still young and did not have the money to buy a SNES. I hated my MegaDrive that much, it was more boxed (or my mother playing Columns on it), and eventually I made me quit gaming definitely and I missed the whole PlayStation/Nintendo 64 era completely. I picked gaming up when I got the money to buy a PlayStation 2, wow, I was in love with that console. Xbox One recently replaced PlayStation 2 as my favorite console all times. I started collection older consoles at that time too and yes I should have bought a SNES!!!

What's your play style? Ex: booster? Completionist? How often and long do you play?
I am an impulsive gamer: I play games depending on my mood. I have a lot of played games but not so much completed games. I want to increase my completion %, so I am working on that and try not to be that impulsive any more. If I start a game now, I try to complete it first or at least max it out, otherwise I probably will never finish it.

Tell me a good gaming story or experience? ex: Epic win/fail, marathon, accomplishment, a time you visited a game convention or met someone...or anything.
I will tell you how I met my wife The Fury I84I
My first online experience on Xbox 360 was far from great. I joined a match on Burnout Revenge and the host immediately kicked me. I was actually pissed by it and never played online for a long time. My wife and I were both on the Gamerchix leaderboard on mygamercard.net eventually she sent me a friend request on Xbox and I accepted. Someday she sent me an invite for Ridge Racer 6 , but I was too late to accept it as I wanted to complete my single player race first. A missed opportunity to play online. Months later I quit my job and I changed my holiday period from October to July. I was on holiday the same period of my neighbor and we played a lot of Forza Mortorsport 2. It is kinda boring to race with just the 2 of us. We were both new to Xbox and he asked me if I knew other people to play with. I invited “that girl that once send me an invite” and we were lucky, she joined. We played a lot of games together and months passed. The first time I saw her in real life was to play cooperative in Guitar Hero II. Flames were burning for both of us. We both are very passionate about gaming and both collectors. When we decided to live together we had a lot in double (consoles, games,...).

Do you have a special shout out to anyone in particular in the gaming community?
Not really.

What's your favorite game platform?
I love Windows Phone games. I own most of them, missed/lost a few due to being delisted. Too bad Microsoft does not care much for this platform. If there are issues, you are usually on your own.
I am impressed by Xbox One as well, the more I play on it the more I love it. I really love that multitasking (twitch, snap achievements, game clips, screenshots,...) and I certainly love the news of backwards compatibility for the Xbox 360 games. I really love it to play Xbox 360 games on Xbox One and to be able to use all Xbox Ones features. Smart move Microsoft!

What's your favorite game genre?
RACING! Simulation racing in more particular. Although I love racing games I do play all other genres as well. If you want to have a laugh, go ahead and play a shooter with me. My checklist for shooters: aim, shoot, reload,... and preferable in that order. Oh and do not forget to take cover and that I have grenades in my inventory...
I used to love RPG’s and especially on my PlayStation 2 but I kinda neglected those as they are very time consuming and slowly increases gamerscore. That is the downside of the achievement system for me personally because I still love RPG’s, but I left those alone until a friend commented on another site that I could spend over 300 hours on a Forza Motorsport but not on a RPG? He was right, so I pick up a RPG now and then again.

What’s your favorite game on 360? ONE? Of all time (any system)
My favorite game is Burn it All! On Windows Phone. Too bad there were only 4 volcanos.

What is your worst game and Why?
I played a lot of shit games but the first that comes to mind is Superman Returns on Xbox 360. Damn those 100 cats and those f*cking mini-games. Those got me so mad, that I muted the sound. I was tired of hearing “Superman I am faster than you”.

If you were a Video Game or game character who and why?
I do not have a favorite character, so I will go with a Lamborghini. Why? Pure Italian class!

Are you looking forward to any new releases?
Yes. Moto GP 15 (it is probably on its way now), WRC5, Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo, Forza Motorsport 6 , F1 2015. See a pattern there? ☺ Meanwhile I still got a huge backlog, I will not be bored while waiting for those games.

Do you collect or not so much?
Absolutely. I am a huge collector. We own a lot of consoles, handhelds and games. Consoles/handhelds we own: Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Gameboy, Nintendo DS x 2, NES, SNES x 2, N64, Gamecube x3, Wii, Sega MegaDrive, PSP, PlayStation, PlayStation 2 x2, PlayStation 3, Xbox, Xbox 360 x 7, Xbox One x 2.
I am not going to list all of our games.

What's your favorite feature on GTN?
Badges!!
I cannot believe I broke my daily login streak on 15 June 2015. Since I registered I logged in daily but on that day I celebrated my wife’s birthday and forgot to login again in the evening. I usually log in early in the morning just before leaving for work, but that still counts as “yesterday” for the site.

What would you tell people about GTN if you were trying to get them to join?
I tell them there is a game collection feature as this is a feature that is missing on one of the competitive sites. I think I will tell them now about the badges as the collection feature is recently added on that site.

Is there anything you would like added to the site?
No, I like the site just as it is.
Last edited 07-01-2015 at 08:27 AM by B8TINGU.
Great read Lindsay! Congrats on joining the MotM club and enjoy your new Spoltlight badge Big Grin
I am also a fan of the windows phone games...i shall send you a random friend request at an undetermined time in the near future....
@ SpectreSubZero You will have to send me a message first. My FR list on xbox 360 is full, so I will make a free spot for you then.
Great read, Mosquito! That's cool that you met your wife via XBL and now that I know you are a big time collector, I'm going to bug you to post some pics in the "show us your collection" thread!
Sorry Kaens, already saw that topic, but most of our collection is boxed.
Great read, "thanks" for bringing back traumatic memories of hunting for cats in Superman...
Great read, "thanks" for bringing back traumatic memories of hunting for cats in Superman...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
You know, I've seen that referenced in several places but I don't remember that being as much of a pain as everyone else does.
You know, I've seen that referenced in several places but I don't remember that being as much of a pain as everyone else does.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Probably only happens if you miss one. I think I missed one in the downtown district where there were a lot and I checked off the wrong one since there were many near each other.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account