Generate image with game statistics on each game page for posting on social networks

Feature Requests

Found 9 posts - Go to Last Post

Would you like to see this tool being implemented on the website?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 14 (56.00%) Yep!

× 4 (16.00%) Nop!

× 7 (28.00%) Free poll, nice!

• Added 01-08-2024 10:33 PM
  • 25 votes
  • Votes are public
As Elon Musk has now started charging for the use of the API and this has prevented us from being able to post our progress on the Xbox through the GamertagNation website, directly on Twitter, it would be interesting to create an internal tool on the website that would allow us to generate an image of a given game, with all our progress in it (Total GS, hours played, percentage of completion, start or completion date, etc.), so that we can manually make posts on social media.

TA has this system and it would be great to see GN having its own too, what do you think of the idea? Smile
Sounds like a good idea, but it is a matter of how much development time will be needed to implement it.
I voted yes because it sounds like a nifty feature (and because I like polls) but I agree with Marv in that I think the level of time needed to implement should be considered
Sounds like a good idea, but it is a matter of how much development time will be needed to implement it.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
This actually isn't that difficult of a thing, in comparison. Depending on how GTN stores the various info that would be used, it is actually just a simple webpage created, and some simple webcode in htaccess that basically redirects a URL ending in .png (or similar image file type) to a .php page that is the "image" you want. Looks like I made something back in 2014 using 360voice and XBOXAPI APIs, before those two sites went away. I feel like, depending on Eric's actual time availability and data storage on GTN, it is actually something that could be thrown together quickly.

On the other side, anything that drives traffic or usage to Elon... I say skip.
What's twitter? That's the thing that B8tingU never awarded me a badge for.
I like this idea and I imagine it would help spread GTN on social media.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account