How to get badges

General Chat

Pinned Thread
Mystery Badge VI is a PITA. Everyone that has unlocked it has been on a Thursday.
Originally Posted by General Tynstar
It's Thursday and I still have no clue! Lol
That's the one you have to search for something that makes you Think Back To a previous time, right?
I am just throwing is out there, but, maybe think back to what happens on Thursdays. I mean, I remember getting it, and it can be done today...
I finally got it (Sorry Futiles - I didn't see your reply or I would have got it sooner). I really suck at these type of puzzles!
I finally got it (Sorry Futiles - I didn't see your reply or I would have got it sooner). I really suck at these type of puzzles!
Originally Posted by G33kasaurus Rex
I was about to post that I saw you got it. Also, based on the first 10 or so people to get it, it does not require it be done on a specific day, only that your search includes that day. (I got it on 2-24 whenever, and someone got it on 2-25 the same year. Both back-to-back days cannot be a Thursday. Also, someone got it on March 2 and then someone got it March 2 the next year, another impossibility for both days to be a Thursday...)
I was about to post that I saw you got it. Also, based on the first 10 or so people to get it, it does not require it be done on a specific day, only that your search includes that day. (I got it on 2-24 whenever, and someone got it on 2-25 the same year. Both back-to-back days cannot be a Thursday. Also, someone got it on March 2 and then someone got it March 2 the next year, another impossibility for both days to be a Thursday...)
Originally Posted by futiles
That could just be a timezone thing tbf
That could just be a timezone thing tbf
Originally Posted by PangoBara
There are some that are 2 days apart, which would make that difficult.
I also see some Sundays and Saturdays on there. So, I think the fact that most are on a Thursday has more to do with people thinking it has to be a Thursday, than it actually being a requirement.
I was really hoping someone would explain timezones to futiles. Then explain daylight savings. Those are like two of his favorite things, after prime numbers.
Someone explain daylight savings time to me also. We don't do that here.
In europe we adjust the time so that it doesnt get too light too early or dark too early during summer and winter time so around the seasonal change of Winter to Spring and Summer to Auttum we put the clock 1 hour ahead or back.

During Summers the Uk for example is GMT+1 but During Winter GMT/UTC

And as a side effect its a common tactic to sell beds. As the vast majority of people are so autistic when it comes to time they instantly sleep bad Wink

But the use of this is mostly for businesses so they have more time during light hours in winter.

Most people think it's oldfashioned and many of the governments are thinking about stopping to do it and just skip out on putting the clock 1hour ahead during summers
It is a complete and total bullshit concept. You can neither save nor waste Daylight, as the Earth only gets so many hours of light per day. A more accurate term would be Daylight Shifting For People Who Are Too Simplistic to Accept the Sun Going Down.

Of course, I not only wish we would abolish DST globally, but also timezones in general globally, and accept one single "Earth Time" as the time for the planet...

(Working with people in 20+ timezones, half of which do use DST, and less than 1/3 of those being on the same DST schedule will make you hate timezones and DST.)
I know what DST is and it is stupid. I just wanted to here a good answer from futiles and you didn't disappoint.
If I recall correctly, the concept of "Daylight Savings" started to allow "more" daylight hours later in the day for farmers to be able to work more hours. I can't honestly say how accurate this factoid is, but I agree with the common assessment that it's no longer needed. Anybody who needs more light in the evenings will have electric lights to help them in the modern world.
If I recall correctly, the concept of "Daylight Savings" started to allow "more" daylight hours later in the day for farmers to be able to work more hours. I can't honestly say how accurate this factoid is, but I agree with the common assessment that it's no longer needed. Anybody who needs more light in the evenings will have electric lights to help them in the modern world.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
It is a completely fabricated "fact" as farmers do not use clocks. They get up when the sun rises and works until it goes down. Also Daylight Saving (there is no S at the end) is in the summer, which is a period of inactivity for farmers. (They do not plant, now plow, nor harvest in the summer - This is the same "reason" for US schools to be closed in the summer, to let farmers to have their kids to work in the summer, which is not a thing. We don't have school in the summer because rich people did not like their kids sitting in hot schools before AC all summer, when they would go vacation somewhere cooler.)

Benjamin Franklin suggested Daylight Saving as a way to reduce candle use. The US gets more hours of sunlight during the summer months, and so by shifting an hour, parts of the US don't get dark until almost 9PM local time, meaning that candles could be preserved for winter months, when the amount of sunlight hours was extremely reduced, and no matter what, it would be dark "early" and candles would be used.
It is a completely fabricated "fact" as farmers do not use clocks. They get up when the sun rises and works until it goes down. Also Daylight Saving (there is no S at the end) is in the summer, which is a period of inactivity for farmers. (They do not plant, now plow, nor harvest in the summer - This is the same "reason" for US schools to be closed in the summer, to let farmers to have their kids to work in the summer, which is not a thing. We don't have school in the summer because rich people did not like their kids sitting in hot schools before AC all summer, when they would go vacation somewhere cooler.)

Benjamin Franklin suggested Daylight Saving as a way to reduce candle use. The US gets more hours of sunlight during the summer months, and so by shifting an hour, parts of the US don't get dark until almost 9PM local time, meaning that candles could be preserved for winter months, when the amount of sunlight hours was extremely reduced, and no matter what, it would be dark "early" and candles would be used.
Fair enough. I'll file what I was told under the things our parents used to tell us like "It's illegal to have the light on in the car when you drive". It's funny how many things get passed down through the generations that people believe are true but aren't.
It is a complete and total bullshit concept. You can neither save nor waste Daylight, as the Earth only gets so many hours of light per day. A more accurate term would be Daylight Shifting For People Who Are Too Simplistic to Accept the Sun Going Down.

Of course, I not only wish we would abolish DST globally, but also timezones in general globally, and accept one single "Earth Time" as the time for the planet...

(Working with people in 20+ timezones, half of which do use DST, and less than 1/3 of those being on the same DST schedule will make you hate timezones and DST.)

the man is spitting truth bombs! heck yeah. fully agreed
It would be great if there was like a secret badge faq page for all those mystery badges!
It would be great if there was like a secret badge faq page for all those mystery badges!
Originally Posted by hello8964
You can search the forums for help on specific badges.
For "Visit the site on New Year's day", does it suffice to visit at any time during the day, or do you need to be online at around the time that the badge is supposed to be rewarded?
For "Visit the site on New Year's day", does it suffice to visit at any time during the day, or do you need to be online at around the time that the badge is supposed to be rewarded?
Originally Posted by Itzz Sh0wt1m3
You've visited the site on New Year's Day (and even posted), so you'll get the badge. I believe that it will process at the end of the day, but it's been some time since I got it Smile

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account