Favorite Era of Achievement Hunting

Gaming Chat

Found 23 posts - Go to Last Post

What is your favorite era of achievement hunting?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 15 (31.25%) XBox 360 / XBLA / GfWL

× 19 (39.58%) Xbox 360 / XBLA / Win 8 / WP

× 4 (8.33%) Xbox One / Windows 10 / WP

× 10 (20.83%) Xbox one / Xbos Series X/S / Windows 10/11

• Added 04-07-2023 08:32 PM
  • 48 votes
What was your favorite era of achievement hunting?
Mine was the Xbox 360 / XBLA / Win 8 / WP

Not that gamerscore matters for anything but back then 1 million points meant a lot. You had to work for that. With all the easy points now and endless free TU's gamerscrore is a joke. yes I do play those easy games with endless TU's

I like games have up to 1250 and 250.
Not the one we are in now. I know I have a bunch of garbage games on my tag but the buying achievements has gotten VERY old.

I prefer the 1000/400/200 era.
Xbox 360/GFWL WP and Win 8 is how I like to roll in the Hood but they killed WP which is a loss to humanity

Arcade never cared for it really nor ever will but might have to do them when I run out of Retail games which is very unlikely 900+ disk games rn
I went with "360 / XBLA / GFWL" because at that point achievements were in their infancy so there weren't as many grindy achievements, etc. They were still figuring out what worked
I went with "360 / XBLA / GFWL" because at that point achievements were in their infancy so there weren't as many grindy achievements, etc. They were still figuring out what worked
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
The era 100k meant something
I voted the 2nd Xbox 360 option, but I really did enjoy the Xbox One era.

The "done... unlocking" issues where extremely obnoxious. Enough to honestly knock it down barely below the Xbox 360/WIN8/WP/XBLA.

I associate the shovelware games more with the Series X as the garbage started coming out full force after the Series X was released with the 5k GS games and stuff. I actually was at least entertained by a lot of Ratalaika's games earlier on, but publishers like Xitilion and Chilidog really pumped out garbage
I voted the 2nd Xbox 360 option, but I really did enjoy the Xbox One era.

The "done... unlocking" issues where extremely obnoxious. Enough to honestly knock it down barely below the Xbox 360/WIN8/WP/XBLA.

I associate the shovelware games more with the Series X as the garbage started coming out full force after the Series X was released with the 5k GS games and stuff. I actually was at least entertained by a lot of Ratalaika's games earlier on, but publishers like Xitilion and Chilidog really pumped out garbage
Originally Posted by PangoBara
Ironically, I associate the shovelware, or at least the start of it, with WP. Don't get me wrong, WP did have some good games, but there was a lot of junk make for mobile devices and it just seemed to grow from there.
I chose xbox one, xbox series x, and Windows 10 Era. Why? Because there's so many ways to play to earn achievements now. Tons of fun games even some easier games are quite fun.
The ole 360 days a decade ago. Had alot more friends back then that actually cared. Nowadays im solo. Dont think ive played mp with anyone in 7 or 8 years
The ole 360 days a decade ago. Had alot more friends back then that actually cared. Nowadays im solo. Dont think ive played mp with anyone in 7 or 8 years
Originally Posted by ky pro 2008
Man, the good old boosting days. I remember doing the 100 shares in project spark. That session was seriously insane. Or like the old halo games. Gosh so many memories
Xbox 360 / XBLA / Win 8 / WP

I miss my Windows Phones. I enjoyed this era because I was able to keep gaming and earn achievements while I was away from a console. Additionally, the games that came out for 360/XBLA were some of the greatest experiences I've had.
I am 100% in the 360/Arcade era. Didn't own a PC or a Windows phone. The 360 era was actually about games. I still have tons of 360 games to play through. There is good stuff on the new consoles, but they are to far and few between with all the broken and half finished games that have been released.
Best era was the pre-Ratalaika era. Anything after the "press X for 4k GS" deluge of trash is no longer achievement hunting.
I liked the pre 2005 era.
Originally Posted by futiles
So no achievements just playing games?
So no achievements just playing games?
Originally Posted by General Tynstar
YES! I still like just playing games. Achievements are neat, and all, and the little "POP! YOU DID A THING!" is entertaining. But, I feel like people get distracted away from what initially got all of us here.
YES! I still like just playing games. Achievements are neat, and all, and the little "POP! YOU DID A THING!" is entertaining. But, I feel like people get distracted away from what initially got all of us here.
I agree, I no longer play new FIFA or NHL games because the achievements suck so bad for them now. The only games I play now a days with no achievements are on my phone.
I honestly can't argue with that. When the 360 first released and achievements started, I expected it to be things like getting the "Triple Perfect Insane Stunt Bonus" in GTA (I had kept my game save file on the PS2 memory card just to show off to my buddies). Now we have things like "watch a cat video for 15 minutes" Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) Disappointed

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account