Achievement Fest 2016 - Are you going?

General Chat

What is your Achievement Fest status?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 7 (8.97%) I'm going

× 25 (32.05%) Never going to go

× 13 (16.67%) Wish I could make it, but....(explain)

× 7 (8.97%) Still waiting on permission from my wife...

× 17 (21.79%) Maybe...

× 9 (11.54%) Futiles will kidnap me and drag me there...

• Added 01-19-2016 04:33 PM
  • 78 votes
Sausage O'Riley & I will be at this hotel.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Couldn't book through Expedia last night, said no rooms available. I'll try direct later today if my #$&%#$&*$$* internet starts working again. My ISP is down for most of the city, good start to day off.
Internet was working long enough for me to book a room before it went down again. In on Thurs 14th, out on Mon 18th. Glad I was able to get a good deal on the flight, since it'll help offset the extra cost of the room this year. Probably work out about the same in the end, which is fine.
Good news,the Holiday Inn will be available again in 2017...
Hotdog's McGees

That would be when when there are multiples of the short people that reside in my house present. Although, at AF you are all jerks for being tall, so it may still be accurate with only the kid and I.
Good news,the Holiday Inn will be available again in 2017...
Originally Posted by futiles
Hoping there will bean AF next year. Looks like I'm definitely out this year due to the new job.. I get off probation and go on call that week..lol.. every year this seems to happen to me.. I will plan accordingly for next year..
Looks like there are 0 partial stations and 0 empty stations available...which is annoying unless I do the 5 day pass.....guess I know what option I am doing now.
Looks like there are 0 partial stations and 0 empty stations available...which is annoying unless I do the 5 day pass.....guess I know what option I am doing now.
Originally Posted by Mightymango
Last I heard, the registration site was undergoing some work since the store layout has changed. All stations start out empty, and they add TVs and consoles as needed, so don't worry too much about it right now.
Ah ok...that is what I thought but the website was still confusing.
I just booked a room at the Quality Inn in Terre Haute. Looks like Terre Haute has something going on that week, and no one seems to want to do group rates.

They have 2 Doubles or 1 King for $92/night. Dacoto and CK are also staying there, so there will be vehicles available for group use. I would say take a look and see what works best for you. There are cheaper rates, I just don't want to stay at a Travelodge or Days Inn, but some of those are still $50-$60 a night.
OK, if you have booked, go to your reservation and update it, if you have not booked, BOOK NOW. They have updated the rate for this weekend, and it is $77/night at the Quality Inn during AF2016.
OK, if you have booked, go to your reservation and update it, if you have not booked, BOOK NOW. They have updated the rate for this weekend, and it is $77/night at the Quality Inn during AF2016.
Thanks, reserved mine...
Well, I was planning on a trip to Japan next year, but thanks to some unexpected bills there is no way I'll have enough cash saved up for March. With that said, as soon as I get the okay from work on the days off I'll book a trip.

I may join the no gamerscore at AF crew this year. Probably not, but maybe.
Just spoke with BoZack earlier today. He has tasked Dustin with getting the site updated today with the new layout. Expect some serious design layouts. Chances are extremely HIGH that you will be in a new seat this year than any previous year.
Chances are extremely HIGH that you will be in a new seat this year than any previous year.
It's been that way ever since "The T4nd4ring"...
Well, I was planning on a trip to Japan next year, but thanks to some unexpected bills there is no way I'll have enough cash saved up for March. With that said, as soon as I get the okay from work on the days off I'll book a trip.

I may join the no gamerscore at AF crew this year. Probably not, but maybe.
Originally Posted by griffey95
Japan's loss is our gain!
Achievement Fest is updated and ready:
http://achievementfest.com/seating/

We changed up the layout, and there is no longer a need/option for the "Extra Space" as each station is larger (6 per room instead of 8).

Achievement Fest Junior is available this year. Some of the regulars have children about the same age, so, for $20, you can lock your child in a room with ours for a weekend of gaming on the eBash equipment. (PCs, Playsations, Xboxen, and Wiis)
Feel free to ask any questions here, or direct message them to me. I will answer them as quickly as I can.
Feel free to ask any questions here, or direct message them to me. I will answer them as quickly as I can.
Do you have a feel for how far the remodeling is going? I guess It's happening in part while we are there. Curious to see some pictures...
Do you have a feel for how far the remodeling is going? I guess It's happening in part while we are there. Curious to see some pictures...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Right now, no, I don't. My understanding of what is happening:

The entire central "structure" of the store, where the counter, storage, Black, and Brown rooms are, is being removed. Opening up the entire store significantly. They have added tabletop gaming, as it is growing faster than console and PC gaming currently, giving them an added attraction. (And Terre Haute had very little competition there, LibrarianBeth and I found a single tabletop store, play space, and pizza shop, and it wasn't very good, and I think it went out of business.) They plan on adding some lounging area and tables for the tabletop gaming.

I don't know what is going on with Zack's office, but I know that eventually the purple room is either going away or changing.
I'm probably just going to bring my hd this year since I am flying. I know the site says 360, but do you know if he will have X1's avail for use?

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account