Achievement Fest 2017

General Chat

Got a room at the Quality Inn.
Originally Posted by Giant Hunger
That would seem to imply you're actually coming...
Hotels and flights this year are outrageous. Not sure why the huge jump in prices; they'd been dropping a little each year, but this year both are a lot more expensive than any other year. Canadian dollar really doesn't help matters either. Still haven't booked a hotel yet, since I'm hoping prices might drop a little before then.
Hotels and flights this year are outrageous. Not sure why the huge jump in prices; they'd been dropping a little each year, but this year both are a lot more expensive than any other year. Canadian dollar really doesn't help matters either. Still haven't booked a hotel yet, since I'm hoping prices might drop a little before then.
Originally Posted by Buckswana
Yep, I feel the same. I went ahead and booked the Quality Inn today as well. Last year the prices dropped closer to the event and we were able to cancel/rebook the lower rate. This way I at least have a room.
That would seem to imply you're actually coming...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
I thought reserving his seat online implied that.
Yep, I feel the same. I went ahead and booked the Quality Inn today as well. Last year the prices dropped closer to the event and we were able to cancel/rebook the lower rate. This way I at least have a room.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
I ended up doing the same; booked at Quality Inn, will cancel/rebook if there's a price drop. This is the most expensive year yet for me, $400-500 more than last year just for flight and hotel. Makes me unsure about next year, but I'll worry about that then.
I thought reserving his seat online implied that.
Originally Posted by futiles
Haven't been stalking the web site...
I ended up doing the same; booked at Quality Inn, will cancel/rebook if there's a price drop. This is the most expensive year yet for me, $400-500 more than last year just for flight and hotel. Makes me unsure about next year, but I'll worry about that then.
Originally Posted by Buckswana
I figure the money I saved by not buying the games you and Streak Leader did will cover the extra costs for me. Now if you guys go and do something silly like not buying all those games over the next year.....
I figure the money I saved by not buying the games you and Streak Leader did will cover the extra costs for me. Now if you guys go and do something silly like not buying all those games over the next year.....
Streak Leader not buying games would be like him gladly accepting a Diet Pepsi at Applebee's.
For those still looking/working on hotels:

Redroof.com is offering Up to 15% Off Hotel Reservations w/ VP+ promo code 612797

Motel 6.com is offering 10% Off Hotel Reservations w/ CorporatePlus code 9TC54Q
Wyndham.com is offering Up to 20% Off Select Hotel Chain Reservations w/ Corporate ID: 1000010988
Valid for Days Inn, Ramada, Travelodge, Super 8, Microtel, Wingate, Howard Johnson and More
For those still looking/working on hotels:

Redroof.com is offering Up to 15% Off Hotel Reservations w/ VP+ promo code 612797

Motel 6.com is offering 10% Off Hotel Reservations w/ CorporatePlus code 9TC54Q
Wyndham.com is offering Up to 20% Off Select Hotel Chain Reservations w/ Corporate ID: 1000010988
Valid for Days Inn, Ramada, Travelodge, Super 8, Microtel, Wingate, Howard Johnson and More
Originally Posted by griffey95
Wyndham doesn't have anything close to TH. Just tried looking. Unless I am doing it wrong...
Wyndham doesn't have anything close to TH. Just tried looking. Unless I am doing it wrong...
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Neither does Red Roof.

Wyndham has Travelodge and a couple others. Travelodge is $70/night, but honestly, for the ability to actually have quiet and a decent bed, I'm still going with Quality Inn. The breakfast is also better.
Neither does Red Roof.

Wyndham has Travelodge and a couple others. Travelodge is $70/night, but honestly, for the ability to actually have quiet and a decent bed, I'm still going with Quality Inn. The breakfast is also better.
I didn't think the Quality Inn was terrible, my room was goofy but whatever. I was hardly there.
Here you go... $68 a night...

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1620368...NN4KIj#reviews

This is a bigger place, $100 a night, although they are booked for AF, could be interesting for a group

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/8901376...tes&s=hzIVM5Ny

This is a bigger place, $100 a night, although they are booked for AF, could be interesting for a group

Funny, I was looking at these exact accommodations last night.

And the bathroom is only 20 steps away from the cabin!! Yeah, still going Quality Inn.
Just booked a room at the Super 8. 4 nights, with tax, $277.00.

Way more expensive to bring a child instead of splitting a room with someone.

Might have to buy less games...
Speaking of splitting rooms. My son won't be joining me and will be making the trip alone. Anyone need a roommate?
Speaking of splitting rooms. My son won't be joining me and will be making the trip alone. Anyone need a roommate?
Originally Posted by workedfurball29
Are you sure you want to put your son up with one of these yahoos from the internet?
Just booked a room at the Super 8. 4 nights, with tax, $277.00.

Way more expensive to bring a child instead of splitting a room with someone.

Might have to buy less games...
Originally Posted by Streak Leader
Should we all just buy a house in Terre Haute? You would think splitting a yearly mortgage, bills, and ins between all of us might be cheaper than each of our hotels. And, we could set up who pays which months, so that it works out for each budget...

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account