Streaming Xbox games in 2021

Gaming Chat

Found 5 posts - Go to Last Post

Featured Poll

Do you stream games on your mobile device?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 4 (21.05%) Yes via xCloud (Game Pass Ultimate)

× 0 (0%) Yes via Xbox App

× 0 (0%) Yes, both xCloud and Xbox App

× 5 (26.32%) No, but I plan to

× 10 (52.63%) No, don't plan to

• Added 07-06-2021 06:58 PM
  • 19 votes
I hope everyone is having a good summer! With the introduction and expansion of mobile streaming on Xbox, I would like to explore how many of you guys use this feature. It is definitely something that sets Xbox apart from the competition, and I'm curious if you guys use mobile streaming as it seems to be under promoted and a bit under the radar.

With that said, here's this month's featured poll for July! Get your votes in!
It may be something that I'll do in the future, but for now I'm still the old fuddy duddy who doesn't want to abandon physical media. I do have some downloads, but I still have them, even if they're stored on a hard drive somewhere.
I’ve tried it a few times, but neither my home wifi nor my cell data plan can handle it well enough to make it a viable option for really playing, and both are mid-tier plans, not bargain bin data plans that gave the old Nokia phones and dial-up modems runs for their money. It’s a great feature for quickly popping weekly quests, but beyond that, there’s nowhere near the library that would be needed for me to justify the cost of bumping up my cell or home data plans to support real streaming.
I think that even once internet speeds reach exceptional levels, i still wouldn't be interested in streaming due to the latency. Maybe certain single-player games would be fine, but the marginal benefit of streaming doesn't seem worth the drawbacks.
I've found streaming from the web browser to be super fast when loading into a GTA 5 and GTA Online session. Compared to the same process on my Xbox One X, load times are like 20x faster when streaming.

Latency is very much a wildcard in terms of overall experience though.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account