Microsoft now offering refunds on any digital Cyberpunk 2077 order purchased on xbox

Xbox One / Series X|S

Found 12 posts - Go to Last Post

Biggest letdown of the year in gaming. I was expecting so much from the devs that brought us Witcher 3..... what a mess, I rarely request refunds but had to this morning....
At least Microsoft are being understanding and offering refunds but not delisting it like Sony did yesterday. I got the money back in ten minutes after refund request as well. Hopefully by this time next year Cyberpunk 2077 is playable on Xbox One X.
I requested a refund as well but haven't heard back aside from the automated response. My reasons for the refund are not related to performance or bugs as much as they're related to the fact I just didn't like the game in the first couple of hours.
I never heard back from anyone either but it was back on my card within minutes after I made the request. I guess timing varies by payment methods etc.
It would be interesting to see how much they will have to refund. I'm sure some people will stick it out with the upcoming patches. This was the main reason I was not planning on buying on Day One. Have been through enough of these in the past (Destiny & Anthem). Plus I have ton of games I still have not played...lol
This game was the nail in the coffin for me. I really think its the last 60 dollar game I buy day one for a long time. Unless more games on console get demos or trials, I doubt I'll even consider a day one purchase, especially at 60 dollars or more for complete editions in the future. If Microsoft did refunds like Steam, I wouldn't feel this way but they don't. I expected big problems with games like Valhalla and Watchdogs, but Cyberpunk 2077 was the straw that broke the camels back for me.
This game was the nail in the coffin for me. I really think its the last 60 dollar game I buy day one for a long time. Unless more games on console get demos or trials, I doubt I'll even consider a day one purchase, especially at 60 dollars or more for complete editions in the future. If Microsoft did refunds like Steam, I wouldn't feel this way but they don't. I expected big problems with games like Valhalla and Watchdogs, but Cyberpunk 2077 was the straw that broke the camels back for me.
Originally Posted by JewishHulk87
The days of $59.99 games are no longer too. All Series X games will be $69.99 going forward.
The days of $59.99 games are no longer too. All Series X games will be $69.99 going forward.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Another win for pc gaming it seems. Games are cheaper on pc overall at least on Steam and while Windows 10 gaming is okay, the prices and sales aren't. Also Steam let's you play any game for up to two hours and if you don't like it you get a refund immediately, no problem. Bought Cyberpunk on PC and it is visually stunning on 2080TI card and on my 2070 maxq laptop its amazing too. I can't believe how bad it is on console. The older I get the more patience I have, so if they want to charge 70 dollars for rushed games, I have no problem waiting for sales.
I haven't seen anyone but Activision go $10 higher for next gen. In fact, Microsoft said it was keeping the $60.
I actually think that is a strength of the XSX over the PS5, since Sony lead all their publishers to go $10 up on all of the PS5 editions.
I can't remember the last time I paid more than $25 for any game, and I only buy digital. With all the 1st party MS games on Game Pass, the big titles I enjoy are all "free".
I can't remember the last time I paid more than $25 for any game, and I only buy digital. With all the 1st party MS games on Game Pass, the big titles I enjoy are all "free".
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Gamepass truly is amazing. It's actually a big reason I buy games through Microsoft a lot less. Especially because of first party titles. Even if they raised the price for a sub, I can't see myself parting ways. Having two computers and two xboxes with sharing for my family and I makes the deal that much sweeter. Plus with Microsoft rewards, I get gamepass for free and then some. Without gamepass I would still be on Steam more than Xbox as I was for many years of the last decade, till the past year or so.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account