Disturbed: Divisive. New album, November '22

Entertainment

Found 4 posts - Go to Last Post

I have an early release copy. It's a great album, if you like the band, of course! Disturbed is Disturbed. Syncopated drums, a tribalistic rhythm and "those" vocals from Draiman. It's not as instantly classic as Ten Thousand Fists, and it's not as (relatively for Disturbed) experimental as Evolution, but it is a good, solid album that will please other fans. There are a few more "owahs!" and "yeows!" than there have been in recent years, which is nice, and on Part Of Me Draiman almost goes Down With the Sickness on us.

The centrepiece of the album, Don't Tell Me, really underutilises Ann Wilson's voice unfortunately. She's a fantastic singer, and apart from one big line, she doesn't get to let rip here. Along with that there's a pretty bad and noticeable cut mid line between two words which is awfully present in repeated listenings. She duets along the chorus with Draiman for the whole song; I just wish she'd been given more to do by herself, as the music really suits her voice, and she's as powerful as ever.

I'm not going to talk about the rest of the album, but if you are a fan as I am, it won't disappoint you. I just can't see it being considered a classic once the recency bias wears off.
I had to look up Disturbed, as I couldn't remember which of the bands from the early 2000s they were. I am surprised they are still an act, even with the hiatus it appears they took.
Loved the one album, The Sickness. Out of all the nonsense with the pandemic the one thing I though would come out of it was some great entertainment as people now had the time to work on songs, books, scripts, what have you. I don't follow music that intensely, meaning if an albums comes out it may not even hit my radar. So it nice to know about this one and I will try to check it out.
Last edited 10-23-2022 at 07:44 PM by MarvzMitts.
Loved the one album, The Sickness. Out of all the nonsense with the pandemic the one thing I though would come out of it was some great entertainment as people now had the time to work on songs, books, scripts, what have you. I don't follow music that intensely, meaning if an albums comes out it may not even hit my radar. So it nice to know about this one and I will try to check it out.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Asylum, Immortalized and Evolution are all great records.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account