Found 21 posts - Go to Last Post

SPOILER ALERT

Recently there was some leaked footage of MW2. Who remembered that very first teaser where you heard those guys in a lift talking to each other? Turns out that you play a sequence as them in an airport where you gun down innocent people. There is a warning message before this and if you want you can skip these parts.

I understand the alarm but why is this so bad? Can't you do much grander acts of violence on GTA? Isn't it better that you spend the rest of the game stopping these terrorists and killing civs. results in failure?

MW2 is rated 18. Obviously. Meaning that it is intended for mature people who can appreciate that this is in the name of "entertainment".

Thoughts?
obviously it's far more intense and realistic, but this is the kind of experience CoD tries to provide with single player. i definitely understand the controversy, but i'm not too worried about it.
i think its great that IW is experimenting with new ideas like this and really trying to make MW2 something special rather than just MW1 with a graphics tweak which is what it seemed like so long ago. I havent read up on the scenario that much as I like to find things out through playing the game but I'm looking forward to see how this works into the gameplay and if the experience is as brutal as people are trying to make out. Not long to wait!
I really enjoy a bit of controversy in my games. That's why GTA is so popular.

Nothing like running into a shopping mall, and mowing down innocents. But that game manages to keep it in limits and not include children NPCs in the slaughter. I think this controversy may give IW the edge they need.

All publicity is good publicity.
They dont really need an edge though. The game is already one of the most anticipated of the year. It's going to sell millions even with them screwing over pc gamers by not including servers.
I suppose, but at the same time, this game's rating is going to go through the ceiling since it isn't just a upgraded carbon copy.
its hard to say seeing as its not out yet, personally im looking forward to spec ops mode. i think its 12 really short missions like the plane one at the end of COD4. But they all vary in what you do. one is even a smowmobile race.
sooooo...

who's going to be getting this on day one of release? I know my local shop has a midnight opening but I won't be going to it. I'm excited but I have never gone to a midnight release. I skipped the GTA4 one and still got an unreserved copy on the day. However for this I have reserved and have the day off University.

Anyone planning a LAN party? 24hr MP/SP marathon?
i'll have it, but i wasn't planning on doing anything special. i'll probably hop into single player first as i usually do before exploring multiplayer.
Man... the single player on COD4 was so good... I could play that again and again...

and I do!

But CODMW2 will be the next level, I hope.
Yeah the CoD4 single player was great except on veteran then it just pisses you off royally.

From what I heard about the story and the gameplay MW2 will be on the next level.
Whats annoying me now is how shops are selling it early and the net is now flooded with people boasting about it and posting "reviews" along with lots of spoilers. Don't see why its so hard to wait anothr day, The Gamestop person said something about protecting their consumer base. How? How was anyone threatned to begin with? Even if a few people didnt collect their order from them it would have been picked up by someone that very day.
I have it!!! Installing it now. I'll give an update on the game when I can.
i played a bit of it last night, and it's pretty good so far. it could be a bit short, but i'm probably too early in the game to tell for sure. Spec Ops probably helps add playability anyway.
haven't tried multiplayer yet.
The SP has me hooked to this, COD4 wasnt too special for me on that front but this is a step up for IW and the COD franchise. Might play some more MP tonight and I hope the IW servers dont break like they did in '07
Who doesn't remember the opening song of Little, Big Planet being changed become some country somewhere was deeply offended by it and it caused this big uproar?

There's controversy in almost everything today: video games, movies, music, art...it just comes down to personal preference and the individual themselves.

Also, I don't think it's right that parents [if you COULD call them that =/] are buying their kids who are 12, 13, 14, ect years old this game. It really isn't meant for them AT ALL content wise. But then again, you can't stop stupid.
well my 11 yr old cousin is getting it but he only plays online, and even if he did play through SP he wouldnt give it much thought, its just a game to him. I played GTA3 at 13 and didnt get what all the contrvertial fuss was about until i saw articles. The fear is only there when it gets shoved in your face.
well my 11 yr old cousin is getting it but he only plays online, and even if he did play through SP he wouldnt give it much thought, its just a game to him. I played GTA3 at 13 and didnt get what all the contrvertial fuss was about until i saw articles. The fear is only there when it gets shoved in your face.
Originally Posted by Blank Planet

I'm talking about the retarded kids that aren't taught right from wrong or what's real and what isn't.
i know, im just adding another point of view.
There will be always controversy, before was Ghost Recon:AW2 (Controversy taking place in Juarez, MX just across the border), Then GTA iV now COD:MW2's airport, what's next??? It is easier to blame a game since the audience is for (mostly) teens than movies. Nobody touches big daddy's movies industries why? Anyways life must go on and as long you know a game is game and you are mature enough to know what's right from wrong then we should not worry about what others say. Check this article on my blog site.
Last edited 02-03-2010 at 10:29 PM by vipsphinx. Reason: missing link

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account