Found 12 posts - Go to Last Post

Sure it's little late but hey I just found this and thought people may want to see another exclusive.. The link will take you to the article but the jist of this is that and Italian jeweler created real Gold consoles that really work and were selling them exclusively at the GAMES14 convention taking place in the Middle East

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/...4-and-xbox-one

Here is a link to a youtube video about the event itself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIilZtW_yRA

I'm hoping the image comes out as I'm still trying to figure out how to do this.. lol.. so what do you guys think? Would you buy this exclusive for $13,600? Me not so much..

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/...-Games14_2.jpg
I don't find it attractive and would honestly rather own the default box. I have seen videos where people have completely modded out their system adding LEDs that flash, along with matching cables, and controllers, and then sell them for only a small amount extra than what the base system would cost simply because they enjoy creating art that others are blown away by. I expect that someone famous, Kanye, Puffy, Lil Wayne will eventually own this, three people I can't stand.
I love piss poor reporting. "First ever gold game consoles"

You know, except for the previous ones...
http://most-expensive.com/video-game-console-system
I love piss poor reporting. "First ever gold game consoles"

You know, except for the previous ones...
http://most-expensive.com/video-game-console-system
Originally Posted by futiles
Lol, I wonder if IGN staff called him out on that...hmm..maybe I'll great a n account just to do that..I wonder how these will hold up to those, but the others some of them have diamonds in them, but really why would anyone spend that much on a consol just to have it sit there...nevermind I think I know the answer to that already.
I would hate to be one of the people to buy a flamboyant system, only to have it overheat and flash three red lights. There's nothing like the feeling of owning expensive garbage.
Lol, I wonder if IGN staff called him out on that...hmm..maybe I'll great a n account just to do that..I wonder how these will hold up to those, but the others some of them have diamonds in them, but really why would anyone spend that much on a consol just to have it sit there...nevermind I think I know the answer to that already.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
No IGN didn't. It was the IGN report that called it the first ever.
Kanye, Puffy, Lil Wayne will eventually own this, three people I can't stand.
Originally Posted by Infected Stray
Puffy. lol. I think he goes by P Diddy now. thank you that made my day. Smile
I got on and was scrolling thru the comments to it, over 800 and no one else caught what you did, most of it was just people in flame wars..
I got on and was scrolling thru the comments to it, over 800 and no one else caught what you did, most of it was just people in flame wars..
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Yeah, well, why bring facts to the internet...
I don't know if this is factual. The article reads (at least now, perhaps it was changed)..

The "world's first gold gaming consoles" have been officially unveiled by UAE retail giant Jumbo Electronics.
IGN put the part you have issues with in quotes, meaning that is it's title or what UAE is claiming. Either way, it's not the author's words. Yes, the author probably should have did a quick search and found that claim to be false. Kinda like all the "world's best <insert thing>" stuff.

Edit: The source article clearly states that those are claims made by the creators.
I don't know if this is factual. The article reads (at least now, perhaps it was changed)..

IGN put the part you have issues with in quotes, meaning that is it's title or what UAE is claiming. Either way, it's not the author's words. Yes, the author probably should have did a quick search and found that claim to be false. Kinda like all the "world's best <insert thing>" stuff.

Edit: The source article clearly states that those are claims made by the creators.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Bad "journalism" is still bad... Whether the article just presents claims with no research, or makes false claims themselves, it is wrong. Took me seconds to trash the credibility of the presenter, and through him, the site. Basically, this is why there is no such thing a video game journalism or video game news. It is just a series of press releases...
Who honestly needs a golden console? Its not like jewelry where your always taking it with you for people to see. I can pay a painter to paint some fake gold paint on my console and look just as good as real gold and it won't even way as much.

Waste of money IMO

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account