Reveal up/down voters in game reviews

Feature Requests

Found 8 posts - Go to Last Post

Planned
Looking through the game reviews, and it seems some people are mischievously down voting good, valid reviews while up voting reviews that are simply copy/pasted game descriptions or from other sites. This could be done through multiple alt accounts quite easily. It seems that the review section needs some moderation. If this can't be done by the staff, simply displaying who voted which way on each review (perhaps as an automatic comment) would allow the community to weed out the jerks.

As mentioned somewhere else, this site could come into some trouble if it allows it's users to simply copy/paste other websites material without citing a source, and many of the game reviews seem to be too well written or use language that is not consistent with the individuals posting them. A simply search on a few key phrases also turns up those exact reviews on other sites posted by established reviewers at those sites.
I second this.. transparency! Truthfully, I'd just like to know who the a-holes are that keep down voting everything that I write. I have feelings people!
I think the best long term solution is to moderate the reviews. That means that we need to build more tools though.
We are aware of these issues and you have a very valid point.
I think the best long term solution is to moderate the reviews. That means that we need to build more tools though.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
This worries me. I'm all for moderating site reviews, which GTN doesn't have, and user reviews.
We are aware of these issues and you have a very valid point.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
See, I'm not always an asshat. Smile
ppl that copy n paste reviews shouldnt be allowed to post any reviews wheres the originality?
ppl that copy n paste reviews shouldnt be allowed to post any reviews wheres the originality?
Originally Posted by chunky meconium
You could add "news stories" to that question.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account