Microsoft Celebrates One Year of Xbox One With Free Gifts

Xbox One / Series X|S

Found 22 posts - Go to Last Post

Do you remember when Microsoft gave away free games and consoles when the Xbox One launched? Well, they are doing so again as part of their "Year One Celebration". Major Nelson posted all of the details on the Xbox Wire news site (http://news.xbox.com/2014/11/xbox-on...s-for-one-year) and I'll quote it here for you:

Saturday, November 22, marks the official one year anniversary of Xbox One. It’s been an unbelievable year, but we never would have gotten to this point without our incredible fans. We want to thank you for being a part of an amazing 12 months by celebrating with you all weekend long.

First, if you’re in one of our original 13 markets and have opted in to receive Xbox Marketing emails*, you’ll receive a personalized email detailing what you’ve accomplished since Xbox One launched last November. Here’s a look at some of the community achievements made on Xbox One this past year:

•Overall, the total community Gamerscore earned on Xbox One is more than 11 billion
•Fans spent more than 2 billion hours playing games on Xbox One
•The top four most popular achievements unlocked include: ◦Forza Motorsport 5: Welcome to Forza Motorsport
◦Titanfall: Build Yourself
◦Destiny: Ship Rite
◦Call of Duty: Ghosts: Spatial Awareness

But that’s not all! To show our appreciation for your loyal and continued support for Xbox One, we’ll have several gifts available for our fans, celebrating one year on Xbox One. Beginning Friday, everyone** will get:

•A Year One Gamer Picture
•New Xbox One backgrounds: A special Year One background as well as an exclusive Day One background for those who unlocked the Day One achievement
•A Year One background image for use on Twitter, your desktop, etc.
•A free rental of “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” (for a limited time)
•A free rental of “Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods” movie and a sampler pack of “Dragon Ball Z” TV episodes (for a limited time, available in the U.S. and Canada only)

And in addition, fans will be selected at random to receive a special gift from us. The full list of possible gifts include:

•Xbox One Limited Edition Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Bundle (U.S. only)
•Xbox One Special Edition Sunset Overdrive Bundle (U.S. only)
•One month membership for Xbox One-exclusive EA Access service
•Tiger Shark cash card for Grand Theft Auto V, worth $200,000 in-game GTA Online dollars
•Forza gift pack with Forza RallyCross hat, Lamborghini Huracán 1/24 scale replica, and Xbox One Controller (launch team edition) signed by Tanner Foust, host of Top Gear America, Global RallyCross champion and professional stunt driver (U.S. only)
•Forza Horizon 2 Limited Edition Casio G-Shock Men's Black Multi-Function Digital Sports Watch (U.S. only)
•Grand Theft Auto V gift pack with the Los Santos Sheriff Trucker cap, Michael, Franklin and Trevor Posters, and a Grand Theft Auto V sticker pack (U.S. only)
•Xbox Live Gold 12-month membership digital code
•Killer Instinct Season 1 Combo Breaker Pack, the retail version of Killer Instinct Xbox One’s first season and includes all eight season one characters: Jago, Sabrewulf, Glacius, Thunder, Sadira, Orchid, and Spinal. Also includes Fulgore DLC character.
•Special limited edition Nissan 370Z, featuring a custom Casio livery for Forza Horizon 2
•Air Vehicle shortcut for Battlefield 4 for immediate access to all available unlocks for helicopters and jets available in the main Battlefield 4 game
•Arno's French Rapier for Assassin's Creed Unity to improve your combat skills
•75 Platinum in Warframe
•Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare Costume Pack for Peggle 2
•Epic Quest Table in Pinball FX2
•Dance Central Spotlight (full game token)
•Project Spark Premium - 15 days: Grants 2x gain of Spark XP, credits, and champion XP, as well as the ability to purchase new token-only content for earned in-game credits

While we’re just getting started in some markets, we remain committed to all of our incredible fans worldwide and we’re so grateful for your support over the last year. Thank you for helping us celebrate this incredible milestone.

*The achievements celebration email will be sent to Xbox One customers who purchased prior to October 1, 2014, in our 13 launch markets who opted in to receive Xbox Marketing emails prior to Nov 11, 2014, are 17 years or older and have 10+ hours of usage on Xbox One. You can see which email address (if any) you have opted in, by signing in to your Xbox Live account on Xbox.com, clicking your Gamertag in the upper right, then Profile > Privacy Settings > Contact Preferences.
**The Year One Celebration gift box email will be sent to Xbox One customers who purchased the console between 11/22/13 – 11/11/14, in our 13 launch markets, are 17 years or older and have 10+ hours of usage on Xbox One.
Sorry for all of those non-US gamers that don't have a chance of getting some of those free consoles.
I haven't gotten anything lately, although I did get a 10 year 360 console, so I don't have much room to complain. A lot of people still haven't gotten anything.
thanks for the info! hopefully I get something! lol
I haven't gotten anything lately, although I did get a 10 year 360 console, so I don't have much room to complain. A lot of people still haven't gotten anything.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
I've gotten 14 years of entertainment and joy...
Ah yes, if only I opted to get online and go gold when I first bought my original Xbox I too would have some 10 years.. but me being a Johnny come lately to what seems like everything.... I guess I'm just happy with that Free Shuma Gorath character I won a few years back and has always said it's been assigned to another console?? WTF?
I'm going on 4 years of tenure myself. I did get one of the free Xbox One consoles last year, as well as Forza 5. I'm just hoping that I get my e-mail with the backgrounds and gamerpic soon.
I've been on Xbox since original Xbox, but didn't get Xbox LIVE until Halo 2. For some reason I had multiple accounts at the time and this account that I use now was actually created sometime in 2007 during the Gears of War days.

I didn't get the day one Xbox One console because I wanted to avoid any problems like the Xbox 360 had, if it were to happen again.
Got my Xbox email..says to look for my next one tomorrow.. Just the ONE stats:
45hrs played puts me in the top 75%
I'm in the top 50% of all Gamerscore according to them..
I'm in the top 25% achievements unlocked with 101 unlocked..
I have only played 13% of all the games (would be a lot more if I booted them up)
I have none of the rarest achievements
2 of the most common.

Hmm..
I forgot to turn on the marketing emails, so no stats for me.

However, they've just messaged me saying I'll get Limbo for free when it's released, which is cool.
I just got the Xbox Live message about Limbo, too. My settings have had marketing on for quite some time, but I'm still waiting on the e-mail. Perhaps somebody will share a link to the backgrounds when they get them?
XBOX Live since 2006
969 hours on XBOX Live putting me in top 10%
10175 XBOX One gamerscore puts me in top 1%
419 achievements putting me in top 1%
none of the rare ones, 2 of the common ones
15% of the games

and I'm getting LIMBO also
Oh yea, I get the default free stuff everyone gets and nothing else.. sigh..
Oh yea, I get the default free stuff everyone gets and nothing else.. sigh..
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
not everyone, I got nothing besides the free xbone from Microsoft a year ago.
not everyone, I got nothing besides the free xbone from Microsoft a year ago.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Yea but you got a free $400 console.. that would more than make up for anything they sent me so far.. but I can't complain it wasn't mine in the first place so meh, no worries.. and I think Limbo will probably end up on the Free games for Gold program anyway, if they continue it.
I got the default free stuff as well. Only thing(s) I would like to have from the Random selection is:
  • Xbox One Limited Edition Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Bundle (U.S. only)
  • Xbox One Special Edition Sunset Overdrive Bundle (U.S. only)
  • Xbox Live Gold 12-month membership digital code

All of the other crap would be unless to me.
So far, all I've gotten is the free images and Dragonball Z stuff everybody gets (and the Limbo game that wasn't mentioned on the Xbox news site). I'm supposed to have a Day One background, according to the page I was linked to, but I have no idea where it is. If anybody else with the Day One achievement finds it, please let me know.

Of course, like the rest of you, I can't complain as I didn't have it before, right? Plus, I did get a free console last year, which a buddy of mine is now using. Big Grin Were I to get another one this year, it would be a Christmas present for another friend.
So far, all I've gotten is the free images and Dragonball Z stuff everybody gets (and the Limbo game that wasn't mentioned on the Xbox news site). I'm supposed to have a Day One background, according to the page I was linked to, but I have no idea where it is. If anybody else with the Day One achievement finds it, please let me know.

Of course, like the rest of you, I can't complain as I didn't have it before, right? Plus, I did get a free console last year, which a buddy of mine is now using. Big Grin Were I to get another one this year, it would be a Christmas present for another friend.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
The free back ground you have to download from your mail to a USB then transfer it to your Box.. kinda crappy execution. I may never do that.
I find it hard to believe I've spent 50 hours on Live on the One, per week... Says I have 2656 hours... I play a lot, but not that much.

I am in the 1%... 26,840 gs on One so far...
I find it hard to believe these stats of mine after the member part.
I've been a member since
334hrs on Xbox one (Top 50%)
GS @ 6245 (Top 5%)
261 achievements unlocked (Top 5%)
Top four achievements are
  • Welcome to Forza Motorsport
  • Build Yourself (Have)
  • Ship Right (Have)
  • Spatial Awareness
I've played 6% of there "Awesome" selection of games
I find it hard to believe I've spent 50 hours on Live on the One, per week... Says I have 2656 hours... I play a lot, but not that much.

I am in the 1%... 26,840 gs on One so far...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
I have about 2 hours on One with 25gs. I am the bottom 1% XD

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account