PAX South - January 2017
Extra Life United Tournament - March 2017
Chits and Bits Extra Life Marathon - April 2017
CMON Expo - May 2017
BGGSpring - May 2017
Achievement Fest - July 2017
GenCon - Aug 2017
BGGCON - November 2017

Plus, full Extra Life gaming marathon in November 2017.

That's my schedule for 2017, so far.
Originally Posted by futiles
Whoa. Any of those near Phoenix? I'll have to take ya to lunch if you're close Big Grin
Whoa. Any of those near Phoenix? I'll have to take ya to lunch if you're close Big Grin
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
Isn't there a really big CON in Phoenix? Something something PhoenixCon?
I can still easily put a plan together for you for 15k. I think the reason I didn't bother was because you weren't trying to come up with any money to buy new games. If you aren't committed, how can I be? Roll Eyes (Sarcastic)
Originally Posted by Kaens
I would certainly love I have a good job now so the money thing is less of an excuse but then again with over 1300 games at my disposal a good majority of them not even started and a lot of those not even on my tag yet I'd say I had the games to do it. I'm willing to put the effort/money in if you can help me.

I also decided to come up with a new goal for me this year. I was really thinking about what I could do and it finally hit me, since I have so many i started games why not go for a year long bean dive! Yes that's right, my new plan is to start one new game every day of this year and this will have to be retro active as well, I have started a few new games this year but being this is only day 6 I will either make up the games this weekend or extend the year long bean dive to the 5th of next year.
I would certainly love I have a good job now so the money thing is less of an excuse but then again with over 1300 games at my disposal a good majority of them not even started and a lot of those not even on my tag yet I'd say I had the games to do it. I'm willing to put the effort/money in if you can help me.

I also decided to come up with a new goal for me this year. I was really thinking about what I could do and it finally hit me, since I have so many i started games why not go for a year long bean dive! Yes that's right, my new plan is to start one new game every day of this year and this will have to be retro active as well, I have started a few new games this year but being this is only day 6 I will either make up the games this weekend or extend the year long bean dive to the 5th of next year.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
I did a bean dive of 60ish games and it took me years to recover my completion %. So if you don't care about that, I think it's a really cool I idea to start a new game each day. I'll get back to you about the 15k plan.

QQ: Do you have ability to boost yourself? How many controllers do you have available for a single console?
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
PAX South is in San Antonio, that is going to be the closest I come...
I did a bean dive of 60ish games and it took me years to recover my completion %. So if you don't care about that, I think it's a really cool I idea to start a new game each day. I'll get back to you about the 15k plan.

QQ: Do you have ability to boost yourself? How many controllers do you have available for a single console?
Originally Posted by Kaens
I have two X1's and three controllers for them as of now and multiple 360's and multiple controllers, and I usually keep gold on at least two accounts.

Completion percentage.....bwahahaha....and yes I just did that! Anyone who knows me knows I care nothing about that, it's dead to me and I'd never recover anyway with as many games that have unachieveables that I have already started or are just too stupidly hard for me to waste what little sanity I have on.

I have a backloggery page which has every physical disc I own, but I also have quite a few digital/arcade games I don't list there.
I have two X1's and three controllers for them as of now and multiple 360's and multiple controllers, and I usually keep gold on at least two accounts.

Completion percentage.....bwahahaha....and yes I just did that! Anyone who knows me knows I care nothing about that, it's dead to me and I'd never recover anyway with as many games that have unachieveables that I have already started or are just too stupidly hard for me to waste what little sanity I have on.

I have a backloggery page which has every physical disc I own, but I also have quite a few digital/arcade games I don't list there.
Achievement Fest...

30 consoles, 100 controllers, 200 XBL accounts...
Achievement Fest...

30 consoles, 100 controllers, 200 XBL accounts...
I have been meaning to go every year since it's start...of course if I did go safe guards would be in place... so I wouldn't disappear....
I have been meaning to go every year since it's start...of course if I did go safe guards would be in place... so I wouldn't disappear....
You know, it is only disappearing if someone goes looking for you later...
TBH, you wouldn't be the first. Although, they were found again later, and even came back the following years.
TBH, you wouldn't be the first. Although, they were found again later, and even came back the following years.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Some keep finding their way back no matter how hard we try.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
I'm pretty sure we lost Tandar and Hitchman...
You know. I'm going to make every effort to go (AF) this year, I'll make that a goal as well.. Just post as soon as we know the details. I'll start setting a little something aside for this.
You know. I'm going to make every effort to go (AF) this year, I'll make that a goal as well.. Just post as soon as we know the details. I'll start setting a little something aside for this.
Expect July 13 - 16, 2017 as the dates. Expect Hotel to run $50-$100/night, but, you can likely find a roomie. Expect rides to be easy to find, but, renting a car is appreciated. Expect the eBash fees to cost about $100 for the event, with space, equipment, and t-shirt(s).

Airfare, well, I have always driven...
I have a few goals id like to meet this gaming year.

150k gamerscore
Reach top 3 in Australia for gamerscore
Top 10 for site badges
Finally win my third straight GTASC

Not sure how many of those ill manage but should be interesting to reflect back in 12 months time.
I do have some legitimate goals for gaming in 2017, but, they are all tabletop related goals, and they are all in an effort to get me to go to game days, join in at tournaments at conventions, and maybe win some money for my Extra Life Hospital:

I am going to attempt to play:

100 unique tabletop games
100 new to me tabletop games (obviously, this one accomplishes the first one, if completed)
10 games 10 times each (a 10x10 challenge)
17 games 17 times each (a 17x17 challenge)

The most efficient use of my gaming time would require me to play 372 games during the year of 2017. (17 new to me games x 17 times = 289 games played + 83 additional new to me games = 372 total games played.) Of course, I have already screwed this efficiency up, as I have played a few games this year I have already played in previous years.

Dacoto has joined me in this, as well as two other friends, and we are tracking it in a guild forum I made.
I do have some legitimate goals for gaming in 2017, but, they are all tabletop related goals, and they are all in an effort to get me to go to game days, join in at tournaments at conventions, and maybe win some money for my Extra Life Hospital:

I am going to attempt to play:

100 unique tabletop games
100 new to me tabletop games (obviously, this one accomplishes the first one, if completed)
10 games 10 times each (a 10x10 challenge)
17 games 17 times each (a 17x17 challenge)

The most efficient use of my gaming time would require me to play 372 games during the year of 2017. (17 new to me games x 17 times = 289 games played + 83 additional new to me games = 372 total games played.) Of course, I have already screwed this efficiency up, as I have played a few games this year I have already played in previous years.

Dacoto has joined me in this, as well as two other friends, and we are tracking it in a guild forum I made.
I told my wife you wanted to play 100 tabletop games and she said, "Like Risk?"
Risk is a tabletop game. Wink

I've learned a few new games recently; both board and card. I could suggest a few if you're serious. Smile

I've learned a few new games recently; both board and card. I could suggest a few if you're serious. Smile
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
Oh I know, but I assume that futiles is playing games we've never heard of, not a game we've all played and is readily available at the TRU for less than $20.

Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
I am serious, and I am always open to suggestions. Here is my personal tabletop collection, to get an idea of what I like:

http://www.futiles.net/BGG/GameList....ername=futiles (Depending on how long it has been since the API was last loaded, it may come up blank, try a couple of refreshes)

@Kaens, I am sure not all of the games I end up playing will be ones y'all have not heard of. Also, some games will be "like Risk" - so, your wife isn't incorrect.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account