Achievement Fest 2017

General Chat

Save the dates, this year's event will be the weekend of July 14, with extended events starting July 13.

This year's plans include shenanigans, hijinks, and possibly several opportunities to get the Feed the Founder Badge.

Further details to come.

Update: Registration is open
www.achievementfest.com/seating

Arrival/Departure meet-up thread
https://www.gamertagnation.com/gener...ure-times.html

Hotel info:
Well, much like last year, I have not had success securing discounted hotel rates.

I believe many of us will be booking at the Quality Inn in Terre Haute:

https://www.choicehotels.com/indiana...n-hotels/in352

Just to ensure you are at the right hotel:
555 South Third Street, Terre Haute, IN, 47807, US
Phone: (812) 235-3333 Fax: (812) 232-9563

Rates are currently about $94/night, and you can get 2 beds or a single King at that rate.

Last year, we kept an eye on rates at this hotel, and were able to update our rates for about $20 less. So, keep your eye on this thread.
Originally Posted by futiles
Last edited 05-10-2017 at 04:30 AM by Hotdogmcgee.
...and possibly several opportunities to get the Feed the Founder Badge....
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
We have to take Eric out for a meal, just to get a badge?
Save the dates, this year's event will be the weekend of July 14, with extended events starting July 13.

This year's plans include shenanigans, hijinks, and possibly several opportunities to get the Feed the Founder Badge.

Further details to come.
Will he actually go?
Will he actually go?
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Actively working on that plan...
Eric responded to me asking for some details, with it sounding very much like attending is in consideration. Dustin and I have begun site updates, and shirt ordering and payment will be integrated into the registration process.
Eric responded to me asking for some details, with it sounding very much like attending is in consideration. Dustin and I have begun site updates, and shirt ordering and payment will be integrated into the registration process.
He should try to show up Thursday, like the cool kids do.
He should try to show up Thursday, like the cool kids do.
Well, it isn't like I am going to tell him the other options...
July 13th to 16th or 17th?
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
Yes. The "Event" ends on Sunday. Most people just relax and wind down at the store Sunday and travel on Monday. YMMV.
July 14th to the 16th are the base dates (Fri-Sun), but some of us do an extended weekend from Thurs-Mon (13th to the 17th), mostly due to long travel times.
Making a few changes to registration this year.

Right off the bat, if you attend, you get a t-shirt. We have just incorporated the shirt into the base costs. This will just make life easier for everyone.

$35 is the new base cost, getting you in for Friday - Sunday. Gets you a chair, a shirt, a badge, a lanyard, square donuts on Saturday, invitation to RBC VI, some counter space, some shelf space, two electrical outlets, and an Ethernet port.

$15 upgrades you to the Thursday - Monday pass. You get just that much more gaming. (Most people only really go by the store on Monday to load their gear, say goodbye to Dustin, or coordinate rides to the airport)

$10 gets you a 32" HDTV setup at your station, waiting for you to arrive.

$20 gets you a 32" HDTV and use of eBash game consoles, setup and waiting for you.

$30 gets your kid the ability to tag along (13yo median age this year) and their own shirt, badge, and lanyard. They will spend most of their time with the other kids in eBash, and make use of the store's computers and consoles.

$10 gets you an additional t-shirt (The Streak Leader package).

Basically, if you show up for just Fri-Sun, and bring your own gear, it is going to cost you $35 to attend. If you want to arrive early, stay late, have eBash provide all the equipment, bring your kid along, and pick up an extra t-shirt, it will cost you $110 to attend.

I will hopefully have word on when registration is open this week; we are working on the layout. The store has 21 seats in private rooms, and many more seats on the open floor, so, we are figuring out how to work with this new arrangement. How we can mark off the private area...

I will be reaching out to hotels this week and next, and hopefully have an idea of hotel costs. Last year, most of us stayed at Quality Inn for about $70/night, which was 2 beds, so, easy to double up with others. This hotel was less than 2 min from eBash, and super convenient.
If you want to arrive early, stay late, have eBash provide all the equipment, bring your kid along, and pick up an extra t-shirt, it will cost you $110 to attend.
So what you're saying is....this needs to be called the Hotdog package.

Good thing I have palpay
So what you're saying is....this needs to be called the Hotdog package.

Good thing I have palpay
When have you ever ordered an additional shirt? As far as I know, that is the sole option (so far) of Streak Leader...

The Hotdog Package is $100, including the extended pass, full gear, kid tag-a-long, and a shirt for each...
I'm honored...
Originally Posted by Streak Leader
Well, the industry term for it is the "Diet Pepsi Package" - but...
Darn there goes my chance of appearing as a surprise guest. "Achievement Fest 2017 with a surprise guest" has a nice ring to it. Smile

In other news, can we register yet?
Darn there goes my chance of appearing as a surprise guest. "Achievement Fest 2017 with a surprise guest" has a nice ring to it. Smile

In other news, can we register yet?
Originally Posted by GTN Eric
Don't worry, from the sounds of it, we may still have a surprise guest or three.
Don't worry, from the sounds of it, we may still have a surprise guest or three.
I'll be surprised...
I'll be surprised...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
I should start buying a spot next to Fsh every year so when I finally do show up it will catch him off guard.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account