Enthusiast recording issue

Issues & Bug Reports

Found 8 posts - Go to Last Post

Resolved
I'm slightly confused that my login streak has been broken. I randomly checked my streak status and it shows that as of today, 27 Feb, I have 15 days in a row. If I counted back properly, that puts day "1" at 13 Feb., indicating that I didn't log in on 12 Feb. Except that I have a reply posted in the completed DLC thread at 6:20 AM my time (or 8:20 AM Central time / site time). I earned achievements both on 11 Feb and 12 Feb; I immediately log in and sync my profile when I've earned the ones that I've popped for that day to ensure that I keep my achievement streak active. I might think that it opted not to log it since it was at 6 AM my time, except that the day changes on the site at 10 PM my time and the day before I would have synced my profile around 5:30 PM my time, well before the 10 PST / 12 CST cutoff. What am I missing here?
click on your username in the top right and click on "My settings".

on the list on the right hand side there is an "> options". Click on that.

scroll down and your Time Zone and Region settings are in there.
My time zone appears to be correct (GMT -8 / PST)
Status changed to 'Info Needed' - Sorry that you lost your streak. I see those posts you mentioned so I don't think either of those days were the culprit.

Looking at it briefly it looks like your streak may have reset since you did not visit the site on February 11th. I'm showing your active streak is 21 days, but keep in mind that doesn't include the current day yet as that gets tallied at the end of the day 12am Central (it's about 8:30am presently). I'll dive a bit deeper and see what I can find, but I'm fairly confident in the tracking of those Enthusiast badges.

BTW, I wouldn't stress too much about manually syncing your achievements in order to maintain an achievement streak. I've set the system up to backtrack and fill in any gaps should there be a delay between the unlock date and sync date. There's a ton of flexibility built in since it's dealing with a moving target via multiple time zones. So even if you unlock an achievement at 11:58pm local time and sync it hours later, your streak will still count for that day. Just wanted to mention that.
Status changed to 'Info Needed' - Sorry that you lost your streak. I see those posts you mentioned so I don't think either of those days were the culprit.

Looking at it briefly it looks like your streak may have reset since you did not visit the site on February 11th. I'm showing your active streak is 21 days, but keep in mind that doesn't include the current day yet as that gets tallied at the end of the day 12am Central (it's about 8:30am presently). I'll dive a bit deeper and see what I can find, but I'm fairly confident in the tracking of those Enthusiast badges.

BTW, I wouldn't stress too much about manually syncing your achievements in order to maintain an achievement streak. I've set the system up to backtrack and fill in any gaps should there be a delay between the unlock date and sync date. There's a ton of flexibility built in since it's dealing with a moving target via multiple time zones. So even if you unlock an achievement at 11:58pm local time and sync it hours later, your streak will still count for that day. Just wanted to mention that.
Originally Posted by GTN Eric
Part of the reason that I hit the sync is that it is me doing something on the site that should verify that I logged on that day. But, perhaps I should make sure to post a comment somewhere, even if it's on my own feed.
Part of the reason that I hit the sync is that it is me doing something on the site that should verify that I logged on that day. But, perhaps I should make sure to post a comment somewhere, even if it's on my own feed.
Originally Posted by YodinAlFadr
The comment thing for sure would be easier to verify.
Status changed from 'Info Needed' to 'Resolved' - Updating this to Resolved as I do not see evidence of a bug or code related issue here.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account