Missing From My Feed

Issues & Bug Reports

Found 10 posts - Go to Last Post

Duplicate
I recently unlocked the Keeping It Casual badge, as well as the Editor badges. The Keeping It Casual badge did not show up in my feed as a notification. The Editor badges did.
I recently unlocked the Keeping It Casual badge, as well as the Editor badges. The Keeping It Casual badge did not show up in my feed as a notification. The Editor badges did.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
I've notice that some badges just don't show up in the feed. I'm not sure why that is.
Status changed to 'Info Needed' - You're right, I've noticed that some badges were not posted to the activity feed when they should have. To help me further, here's some background on how this works:

The system is setup to mostly suppress badge unlocks in the activity feed whenever you unlock more than one badge at once. That is often the case for why some badges don't show up in your activity feed. It's the same case for email notifications - you will typically receive just one email for the most recent badge in a series of badges that are unlocked in one go.

For example, if your profile hasn't synced up in awhile you may unlock several badges the next time your games or achievements are synced up. I've tried to fine tune that to ensure we're not spamming you guys with badge notifications if that were to happen.

I'm curious - did you manually sync or request a sync update for your profile at the time this badge unlocked? I know your profile is often kept up to date automatically by the system but I know manual sync requests can sometimes suppress these notifications as an extra safeguard.
I rarely use the sync feature, I may have tried it once or twice in the past. I am pretty sure I did not use it on the day those 4 badges were unlocked.

As far as some badges being suppressed, is it specific badges or after X amount they start to suppress? I don't see it badge as being to spammy, but that is just me. However that could deny someone from pinning certain suppressed badge if they want to show it off since it will not show up in the feed.

Do new members get suppressions as their gamertag is being scanned and awarded badges?
I do both depending on the situation. Most often I don't here, but sometimes I do.
I rarely use the sync feature, I may have tried it once or twice in the past. I am pretty sure I did not use it on the day those 4 badges were unlocked.

As far as some badges being suppressed, is it specific badges or after X amount they start to suppress? I don't see it badge as being to spammy, but that is just me. However that could deny someone from pinning certain suppressed badge if they want to show it off since it will not show up in the feed.

Do new members get suppressions as their gamertag is being scanned and awarded badges?
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Yes, new gamertags won't receive any badge notifications during the initial syncing process. That includes badge emails (if enabled) and activity feed posts. That suppresses a lot of the noise for folks that just signed up here. Some gamers may unlock hundreds of badges during that process. Boy was that a lesson learned many years ago.

And yes, there is a per-user limit of how many emails and/or activity feed posts are sent out at once but it's only enforced in a handful of places here.

I'd like to look into this again later this week and see if I can't come up with a better system for these notifications. I know some achievement streaks and game completions have failed to post to the activity feed too.
I can't speak for everyone, but personally I'd love to see all of the badges appear on my feed even if they're in bulk. I don't mind not getting the e-mails or even just getting one saying I've earned1 or more badges. Perhaps you could set up some sort of a daily digest style e-mail for badges that sends once per day listing all badges earned that day rather than an automatic email once it's been unlocked?
Perhaps you could set up some sort of a daily digest style e-mail for badges that sends once per day listing all badges earned that day rather than an automatic email once it's been unlocked?
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
I thought about doing an email notification showing that you unlocked multiple badgss awhile back. At the time it didn't seem necessary since we only had a 100 or so badges in total. Now that we have several hundred of badges it could be worth looking into.

Another thing I could do with the badge notifications in the feed - something similar to what we do when multiple achievements are unlocked at once. It would say something like "X unlocked Y badges worth Z BP" and you could click on it to expand a list of badges that were unlocked at the time.

You've given me a good idea though. Separating the frequency of email notifications to what is posted in the activity feed. Thanks for the feedback guys.
I'm in the same boat, would want to see all the badges in the feed. A collapsable notification sounds good idea too.
Status changed from 'Info Needed' to 'Logged' - I will continue to look into ways of optimizing these badge notifications and tracking this as an open issue.

I went ahead and copied the last post to a new thread in the feature requests forum so I can track that part of it separately. Here's a link to that thread: https://www.gamertagnation.com/showthread.php?t=6557

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account