Found 13 posts - Go to Last Post

I know I am supposed to put this in the other thread, but I wanted it to be seen, not rushed over.

Service Member Badge - awarded after verification to active duty and veterans, any country. I can verify US vet status easily. It's name can be altered, like Veterans Badge, or Real Hardass Badge, etc...

I don't care if you failed out of basic, you had the balls to volunteer and serve your country and defend it. I know Xbox is a global community, but so is enlisting for your country's military needs. I think if anyone has the mustard to sign up for it, they should be recognized by those who they defend.
I signed up for the territorial army here in the UK which is like army reserves. A badge to recognize your service to your country would be quite good.
I signed up for the territorial army here in the UK which is like army reserves. A badge to recognize your service to your country would be quite good.
Originally Posted by chaotikilla
Our service to our countries... I don't care what country you're from, it takes a special kind of mentality to add the option of combat death or injury to your life.
I know I am supposed to put this in the other thread, but I wanted it to be seen, not rushed over.

Service Member Badge - awarded after verification to active duty and veterans, any country. I can verify US vet status easily. It's name can be altered, like Veterans Badge, or Real Hardass Badge, etc...

I don't care if you failed out of basic, you had the balls to volunteer and serve your country and defend it. I know Xbox is a global community, but so is enlisting for your country's military needs. I think if anyone has the mustard to sign up for it, they should be recognized by those who they defend.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
Don't get me wrong, I really do love this idea, but how could we verify that?
I have access to a database that can confirm status, but if a person lies to get a badge, well, you know? Disgusting. There are other ways I bet, especially for other countries.
No, not necessary... that's a little too much personal info. I can just use the AKO/DKO system to find any past and present US member. So that front is easy.
No, not necessary... that's a little too much personal info. I can just use the AKO/DKO system to find any past and present US member. So that front is easy.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
hmmm......ok that's a little scary...lol... But still it would be a lot of work for you also, specially if this site say starts to have a membership boom....
Not really. All I need is ETS rank and name used. If there are multiple choices, I'll query for more info from the member. I don't forsee a big issue with this, because most of the guys here that are vets are pretty honest folks. Call that my best intention outlook, or whatever, but I doubt that anyone would commit (repealed) Stolen Valor for a damn badge. If that is the case, I imagine there'd be some harsh punishment. (Soap+socks=PVT Pyle?)

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account