Found 12 posts - Go to Last Post

Any chance we can get a Chat Room?

It will help the community communicate with each other and make it a better place to meet people.
Doesn't a chat room take people away from this site. There are various shoutboxes that can be added to vB but personally don't think it will add to the community. It will reduce a lot of the great discussions we have on the forums.
This would be a neat feature.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
There's already a nifty feature called Xbox Live that allows you to create voice & text parties. haha.
I have yet to see a site with a chatroom where the chatrrom/chatbox is actually utilized, and the forums thrive.
360v had a chatroom but was mainly only used once a year during E3, where if you participated you got a badge. While a chatroom sounds good, the would probably have to grow quite a bit larger or the active community would at least. I wouldn't call it a bad idea, just an idea that should be revisited later. All that said, I always say that if there is a demand for it, the idea is usually put in a higher priority, meaning: The more active users who request it, the better the chances of it getting done sooner, rather than later.
360v had a chatroom but was mainly only used once a year during E3, where if you participated you got a badge. While a chatroom sounds good, the would probably have to grow quite a bit larger or the active community would at least. I wouldn't call it a bad idea, just an idea that should be revisited later. All that said, I always say that if there is a demand for it, the idea is usually put in a higher priority, meaning: The more active users who request it, the better the chances of it getting done sooner, rather than later.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
I would prefer server resources left to scanning and stuff, considering it's rare for there to be more than 7-8 people on the site at a time.
I would prefer server resources left to scanning and stuff, considering it's rare for there to be more than 7-8 people on the site at a time.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
I haven't seen more than 5 in a month...
Without meaning to start a board war...the only time people come to the site is for a badge haha
Without meaning to start a board war...the only time people come to the site is for a badge haha
Originally Posted by dieselv2
The only time?
The only time?
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Only time in mass quantities haha
If you want a chat room you could start a Slack channel or Discord server for free. Slack offers chat, full featured, for free, and discord offers chat as well as voice rooms for free.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account