A way to report who referred you

Feature Requests

Found 10 posts - Go to Last Post

I hope this hasn't been brought up before. I did several searches before posting this. I joined the site because of seeing the web page address in SITH RICK's xbox live bio. I think he should get credit for a referral but there was no place that I could find to tell who referred me. Maybe there could be a place to enter it when you are signing up?
Thumbs on up on this one. I've referred people, but they didn't follow my link, so I didn't get credit. They should be able to go put me in as the referrer. However, at this point, I haven't been adding anyone, so /shrug
Devils advocate here, for you Badson I think if they use your link you get a badge, so there is the report, but I understand you wanting to actually have that person named, maybe though that might be a privacy issue for some people. I know TA allows that, but isn't that also in an area that no one can see but you?

For you Keans, I think that if they don't follow your link, unfortunately your just kinda screwed and it's ultimately on them.

Personally I really like the idea myself, but make it a friends thing, maybe have a gold boarder or a star put on their gamer profile pic on your friends list.
I wasn't suggesting that anyone can see who was the referrer, but people who didn't follow my link I don't get credit :coughbadgecough:

Since I got the badge for 1 referral, I didn't care that the other 2-3 people didn't follow my link because I'll never get to 10 which is the next badge.
I wasn't suggesting that anyone can see who was the referrer, but people who didn't follow my link I don't get credit :coughbadgecough:

Since I got the badge for 1 referral, I didn't care that the other 2-3 people didn't follow my link because I'll never get to 10 which is the next badge.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I didn't mean to sound lime a douch....Smile
There is a way to track it, I was looking at it when I got the 10 referred members badge, but I cannot remember for the life of me. Hold on... I'll see if I can find it. I was able to see who joined based on my link.
I hope this hasn't been brought up before. I did several searches before posting this. I joined the site because of seeing the web page address in SITH RICK's xbox live bio. I think he should get credit for a referral but there was no place that I could find to tell who referred me. Maybe there could be a place to enter it when you are signing up?
Originally Posted by Badson42
But as far as a 'who referred me' spot during sign up or even editable later, I think is a great idea.
It doesn't matter to me if I can see who joined because of me, I just like badges and since one badge is to mention the page in your motto or bio, I don't want to lose potential referrals because they came here and signed up because they saw it in my bio. I know that SITH RICK didn't get credit for me because I didn't follow his link. I learned of the page from his bio. If they do make a spot for people to report who referred them, I hope they make it so you can go back and tell who referred you so that past people could get credit too. I don't remember who referred me to TA but I remember typing in whoever it was at registration.
Or if you like the badges maybe a badge for signing up thru someone's invite? See where the invitee gets up to 10 people they can get more badges, but at the invited you will only ever get one!

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account