Have you ever tried developing your own game?

General Chat

Found 7 posts - Go to Last Post

Have you ever developed your own game?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 1 (5.00%) Yes, a card game

× 2 (10.00%) Yes, a board game

× 2 (10.00%) Yes, a tabletop game

× 5 (25.00%) Yes, a video game

× 2 (10.00%) Yes, an interactive story

× 4 (20.00%) I saw it through to the end

× 5 (25.00%) I didn't complete it

× 12 (60.00%) I've never done / am not interested in doing that.

• Added 10-02-2022 11:32 AM
  • 20 votes
  • Multiple choice enabled
For today's poll, I ask some simple questions: Have you ever tried developing your own game? What kind of game? What medium was it in? Did you finish it?

I developed a board game at school when I was about nine. It was a dungeon crawler, based loosely on The Dungeon Game, but with branching paths imitating the Deathtrap Dungeon Fighting Fantasy book.

I had a relatively complex set of rules, and your characters had health and stamina points for fighting.

I also made my own "local" Monopoly board, as every kid did back in the day, with felt tips and A3 drawing paper.

I'm currently developing a JRPG for PC and Xbox.

What about you folks? I'd love to know the kinds of things you've come up with over the years, if anything!

Multiple choice, of course!
Well, sort of. I took a computer class when attending college. It was a work at your own pace graphic and web design class/course. I'd gotten ahead of the rest of the class so was allowed to start working on some Javascript. I used that to create a fully java game just for kicks. If you've ever heard of games like Arkanoid, Breakout, or Alleyway, you'll get the idea of what I made (I might even still have it burned onto a CD somewhere Lol ). Let me tell you this: after the amount of work and coding that went into a simple game that, by today's standards would barely be a phone or tablet game, I gained a new respect for the people that create the mainstream video games.

Also, a few years back, I was able to participate in a play testing group for a game that was, initially, going to be put on Kickstarter, but ended up just getting made and sold through Amazon, called Chibi Heroes. I take no credit in the creation or development in the game; I just think it's cool that I got to help test it out before they made it.
Never developed a game, but would be interested if I could come up with something creative enough and learned how.
I tried creating a D&D module once as a kid, but didn't get past the creation of the map which was a poster sized arena filled with items from all sorts of eras called the Sands of Time.
I’d like to make a game in Adventure Game Studio at some point. I have a (very) rough outline of a game worked out. Still need to learn AGS a bit more to feel comfortable starting.
I’d like to make a game in Adventure Game Studio at some point. I have a (very) rough outline of a game worked out. Still need to learn AGS a bit more to feel comfortable starting.
Originally Posted by zoidberg1339
I love AGS games! Even the really old stuff, by Ben Crawshaw.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account