achievements no longer unlock and track on x1

Xbox One / Series X|S

Found 26 posts - Go to Last Post

As of today achievements no longer unlock on my X1. Also tracking of progress is down. Progress just stays at 0%.

Already did a power cycle, deleted and recovered my gt, nothing works. Any ideas on how to get things to work again?

Cheers
Eddie
Ok, a factory reset did the trick (partially at least). It looks like I'm able to get achievements again. Except for in two games: Baseball Riot and Dig Dug. Both games also don't show progress towards achievements.
Oh, sorry, man, that's scary. And a huge pain if you have to re-download all your games. I'm sure those other two games will pick up, achievement unlocking service has been weird this whole generation, sometimes taking days to unlock. Best of luck to you.
Oh, sorry, man, that's scary. And a huge pain if you have to re-download all your games. I'm sure those other two games will pick up, achievement unlocking service has been weird this whole generation, sometimes taking days to unlock. Best of luck to you.
Originally Posted by palmettobling
Thanks! After the factory reset meeting the requirements for achievements for these two games still doesn't trigger ingame progress or notification. So I don't even get to the part of syncing with Xbox live. So it doesn't seem like a 'Done - Unlocking' issue. I'm just glad other games don't have this problem (yet) Smile
Last edited 09-02-2016 at 02:58 PM by EddieM1974.
I have dig dug, is this the old xbla or the newer version? If it's the newer version I'll play and see if mine does the same.
I have dig dug, is this the old xbla or the newer version? If it's the newer version I'll play and see if mine does the same.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
To be honest, if he is talking about the achievements app tracking progress, then I HOPE he is talking about the Xbox One version, since 360 games do not track progress in the Xbox One Achievements app...
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
It's the newer version. On the X1 I can progress through levels but nothing unlocks and tracks despite meeting the requirements.
I had the exact same issue a few days ago. I had to start my console a few times (holding down power button for 7 seconds) before it finally started working properly again. It finally hung on the green loading screen for a LONG time (over 5 minutes), after which it looked as if it had just gotten the latest dash update (which I already had), then seemed to be ok after that. I originally thought it may have been an internet issue, since my modem borked and was Strict NAT and lagging, but after thinking about it, that shouldn't have mattered, since achievements still track, even if you're offline, they just won't unlock. Mine's fine since then, so hopefully yours sorts itself out.
Not every achievement has tracking. Some will simply show locked or unlocked.
Not every achievement has tracking. Some will simply show locked or unlocked.
Originally Posted by dieselv2
True, but not the case for me. Murdered: S.S. tracks everything, and I had the achievement tracker open and nothing was increasing. It was the last chapter, and screwed up 2 collectible achievements that only had one item left to find. It wasn't counting anything from the point I booted my console that day after work, until I finally got it to hang on the green screen and (seemingly) reset the update. It's been fine since then.
I have an issue where achievements unlock on my X1, but for some of them the notification doesn't pop up when the achievement unlocks. For example: I unlocked the achievement for entering director mode for the first time in the X1 version of GTA 5, but didn't know I had until I logged in on this site the next day. I unlocked seven in GTA 5 a day earlier and every one of those had the notification pop up when they unlocked.
I have an issue where achievements unlock on my X1, but for some of them the notification doesn't pop up when the achievement unlocks. For example: I unlocked the achievement for entering director mode for the first time in the X1 version of GTA 5, but didn't know I had until I logged in on this site the next day. I unlocked seven in GTA 5 a day earlier and every one of those had the notification pop up when they unlocked.
Originally Posted by Dvader83
What's even more fun, is when you have Windows 10 on everything, with your accounts all linked, and the achievement "pops" on your phone and laptop before ever showing on the Xbox One, or the Xbox One never shows it at all, but your phone still plays the pop notification for you.
I got that last weekend playing Lies Of Astaroth nothing popped but when I checked they were unlocked and we're tracking others.

Today I did get the pop notification for a earned achievement I just earned so it's working for me today.
That's actually a fairly common one, especially if you have your console set to always on/background downloads. Any time mine does it, I just do a reset (hold power button, reboot) and it's fixed.
So, I had an update this morning that pretty much broke my console. Wasn't showing my name/gamertag upper left on the home screen (or any gamerpics), even though I'm obviously signed in. No achievements tracking or popping on any profiles, and some of my games wouldn't even load. Had another update tonight that didn't fix the problem. (checked the update numbers - first one ended in 1046, newest on in 1050). Contacted xbox support, opted out of the preview program and did a factory reset. Seems to be all good tonight, but a bit bummed that I spent all night screwing with it. No more preview program for me.
So, I had an update this morning that pretty much broke my console. Wasn't showing my name/gamertag upper left on the home screen (or any gamerpics), even though I'm obviously signed in. No achievements tracking or popping on any profiles, and some of my games wouldn't even load. Had another update tonight that didn't fix the problem. (checked the update numbers - first one ended in 1046, newest on in 1050). Contacted xbox support, opted out of the preview program and did a factory reset. Seems to be all good tonight, but a bit bummed that I spent all night screwing with it. No more preview program for me.
Originally Posted by Buckswana
Man that's really messed up, I'm glad I don't use my console that has the preview program on it too often. They need to be more careful with their updates that break consoles to the people who volunteer to be in their preview program or at least a quick revert to last update.
Yeah, pain in the butt, since I also had to redo all of my settings. It kept my games and apps downloaded at least...
Well at least you got it all fixed and figured out now, as long as you don't get enticed to join the preview program again you should be fine.
Originally Posted by Buckswana
This is why I opted out of the preview program many, many months ago.
These preview updates should be beta releases not alpha releases. They should be stable enough to do basic functions.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account