Submit your badge ideas here

Feature Requests

Pinned Thread
Hey guys, since the last thread we had for badge submissions spanned some 80+ pages, I'd like to devote this new thread for posting new badge ideas.

As a note, I've added several badges to my todo list from the last thread so don't fret there are more on the way.

Feel free to share any new badge submissions here. Looking forward to hearing what you guys come up with!
How about a series of badges related to the number of platforms that you have unlocked achievements on? Each level could include a larger quantity of platforms required. Xbox 360, Xbox One, Xbox series x / s, games for Windows Live, windows, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows phone, universal windows platform, Etc. Of course, some of those might be platforms that can be combined.
How about a series of badges related to the number of platforms that you have unlocked achievements on? Each level could include a larger quantity of platforms required. Xbox 360, Xbox One, Xbox series x / s, games for Windows Live, windows, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows phone, universal windows platform, Etc. Of course, some of those might be platforms that can be combined.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
We already have badges for x achievements/games on separate platforms already.
D'oh! That's what happens when you're working 80 or so hours a week and haven't had a day off since before Thanksgiving lol
We already have badges for x achievements/games on separate platforms already.
Originally Posted by SojerManLan
I kind of read it as you get the badge for having played games on each system in totality. You only get the badge if u have achievements unlocked in say the 360, One and X|S. If you don't have an X|S then u don't get the badge
Badge Idea: Couch to 5k
--Achieve 5K :gs: in a single day!

Big Grin
Badge Idea: Couch to 5k
--Achieve 5K :gs: in a single day!

Big Grin
Originally Posted by HappyStain
This could be easily achieved with the NeoGeo or very quick completions. I don't think it's a good idea unless it gets 10 points or 5.
Ok, we have "Lab Rat" for playing any game in the "Kinect Fun Labs" series. How about:

"Lab Assistant": Complete any game in the Kinect Fun Labs series
"Mad Scientist": Complete 10 games in the Kinect Fun Labs series
Best Year Ever V - 200k in a year

Because V is an even number.
I don't have the exact details of this thought out, but I'm thinking of badges for completing games across multiple series within a category. So, for example, Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platinum Fighter: Complete at least one game from 3/4/5/6 different series in the fighting genre (Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Killer Instinct, Injustice, MvC, Soul Caliber, etc.) Some thought would have to go into which series to count, of course. Almost all Dragonball Z titles are fighting games but then finding a way to exclude people who've only completed Kakarot might be more trouble than it's worth.

Similar badges could be made for racing games, shooters, RPGs, maybe sports games. People love to bicker over what counts for particular genres though so implementing something like this might be a huge headache.
I don't have the exact details of this thought out, but I'm thinking of badges for completing games across multiple series within a category. So, for example, Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platinum Fighter: Complete at least one game from 3/4/5/6 different series in the fighting genre (Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Killer Instinct, Injustice, MvC, Soul Caliber, etc.) Some thought would have to go into which series to count, of course. Almost all Dragonball Z titles are fighting games but then finding a way to exclude people who've only completed Kakarot might be more trouble than it's worth.

Similar badges could be made for racing games, shooters, RPGs, maybe sports games. People love to bicker over what counts for particular genres though so implementing something like this might be a huge headache.
Originally Posted by thanatos8285
This is basically the old 360 Voice Genre Badge system, which I would love to see it here and even was pushing for it back in 2015 in this thread. Still an idea worth visiting I think.
OCD Killer.

Have an achievement score that isn't a multiple of 5 for 50 consecutive days.
OCD Killer.

Have an achievement score that isn't a multiple of 5 for 50 consecutive days.
Originally Posted by Nod Nolan
That would be pretty tricky for us to accurately track that over consecutive days. I like the idea though. Just concerned with the resources required to calculate that daily across all gamertags on the site.

However, I am looking into calculating daily/weekly achievement streaks so perhaps this could be tacked on there if it makes sense.
This is basically the old 360 Voice Genre Badge system, which I would love to see it here and even was pushing for it back in 2015 in this thread. Still an idea worth visiting I think.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
This has been on my wishlist for a really long time too. Tiered series or genre badges would be fun to try and achieve here with tons of possibilities and new challenges across the board.

It's definitely mathematically possible - just need to optimize the way other badges are awarded so it doesn't overload the system when syncing games/achievements. I'll need to sit down and experiment with my protractor and abacus here. Smile
Thanks for the free parking

Complete any game in the Monopoly series
This has been on my wishlist for a really long time too. Tiered series or genre badges would be fun to try and achieve here with tons of possibilities and new challenges across the board.

It's definitely mathematically possible - just need to optimize the way other badges are awarded so it doesn't overload the system when syncing games/achievements. I'll need to sit down and experiment with my protractor and abacus here. Smile
Originally Posted by GTN Eric
Cool, I look forward to seeing what comes out of it.
Last edited 01-12-2021 at 08:02 PM by MarvzMitts.
Seeing the lovely graph on the Stats page of When youve unlocked achievements

Insomniac. Unlock XX number of Achievements between Midnight and 3AM
The Most Dangerous Game

Complete any game in the Cabela's series.

I like this!

Can even do the multiple levels with it Big Grin

Nice idea, i love

Regards

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account