Completion time estimates?

Feature Requests

Found 6 posts - Go to Last Post

Planned

Would you want to see completion times added to the site?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 26 (55.32%) Yes, with all of the extra options mentioned.

× 7 (14.89%) Yes, with some of the extra options mentioned.

× 5 (10.64%) Yes, but TA-style only - one monolithic time estimate.

× 7 (14.89%) Maybe.

× 1 (2.13%) No, but some other way of noting workaround completion methods would be good.

× 1 (2.13%) No, who cares? It takes how long it takes.

• Added 12-18-2020 04:18 PM
  • 47 votes
I’m proposing adding completion time estimates for completed games similar to TAs feature, but better. People can add their completion times to give the community an estimate the same way they can on TA, but rather than just one measurement, GTN could implement other sub-stats with it, like completion times using console commands, completion time on one platform versus another if there’s a method available on Win10 but not on console, for example. Or overall completion time for an entire game including DLC for when progress on DLC achievements overlaps with base game achievements and a separate DLC time estimate isn’t very useful. I’m sure there are other ways that the single monolithic time estimate doesn’t tell the whole story, so GTN would have an opportunity to do it better.

I think the separate true completion time/console command completion time would be the most useful aspect. I assume most of us are on TA and have all run into a game with a 0-1 hour completion time only to discover that it’s achieved through buying something, using a glitch that’s been patched, using console commands that are only available on one platform but not another, etc. I came very close to being stuck with Pathologic 2 that way. Good thing I checked the forum first.

This would also open up more badge possibilities: [X] games with an average completion time of 2 hours or less, [Y] games with a completion time of 200 hours or more, [Z] games with a certain amount of time difference between a true completion and a console command/glitch/purchase completion, etc etc.

Some of those aspects are more feasible than others, I’m sure, and I’m not necessarily proposing implementing all of them, they’re mostly just examples of how GTN could take that useful feature and make it better.
Last edited 12-18-2020 at 04:22 PM by thanatos8285.
I love the idea and hope it happens soon. I only get a few hours a day to game so knowing how long it takes to get a completion would be awesome. I'm a stats lover so completion time estimates along with the level of difficulty and things like percentages of members that have completed all achievements are things needed in my opinion for each and every game. The more statistics we have, the better the site will be in my opinion as well.
Status changed to 'Under Review' - Thanks for the input. I'm all for adding completion time estimates here, however for simplicity sakes I would prefer a singular estimate per game and DLC pack. That's just my preference so I'll wait and see what others say in the poll.

I can start developing this using the singular estimate and expand if needed.
I like the idea for sure, but I think just 2 options would suffice. Base game estimate + individual DLC pack estimate and Full game estimate. So I go to look at Battlefield: Hardline. I see the game takes approximately 150 hours to finish. I click on the game, and somewhere in the base game info I see it's about 20 hours to finish that, then down in the TU info I see that takes about 100 hours to finish.
Status changed from 'Under Review' to 'Planned'
I like the idea for sure, but I think just 2 options would suffice. Base game estimate + individual DLC pack estimate and Full game estimate. So I go to look at Battlefield: Hardline. I see the game takes approximately 150 hours to finish. I click on the game, and somewhere in the base game info I see it's about 20 hours to finish that, then down in the TU info I see that takes about 100 hours to finish.
Originally Posted by Vitiated1
This is how I'd like it also. To see how long base game takes and each DLC, and also a way to see how long the entire game would take.

Edit; maybe having a clickable elaboration times ie, display it as 80-100 hours/0-1 hours. 80-100 showing the average ratings that everyone gave as normal, and the second /0-1 hours only appearing if there's a guide written up (as a forum post or a dedicated page?) explaining the console command/exploit for a particular platform.

That way people can see how long the game is to complete without the console commands as well.
Last edited 04-15-2022 at 03:19 PM by segagamer.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account