Game Walkthrough sections

Feature Requests

Found 29 posts - Go to Last Post

Planned

Do you want a walkthrough section?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 13 (61.90%) Yes, please.

× 2 (9.52%) No, post it in the forums or somewhere else.

× 6 (28.57%) I don't care. I'm just here for the poll.

• Added 06-28-2021 01:32 AM
  • 21 votes
It looks like Eric may have started putting the coding in to create game guides/walkthroughs but has not finished. I just went through the process of converting my game walkthrough for Family Guy only to get "Blocked" when trying to submit the guide.
It looks like Eric may have started putting the coding in to create game guides/walkthroughs but has not finished. I just went through the process of converting my game walkthrough for Family Guy only to get "Blocked" when trying to submit the guide.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
This sparked my curiosity and I took one of the easier games I have written one for and did some slight changes/reformatting for GTN and when I clicked submit it worked. It shows up as Gaps having a guide now.

https://www.gamertagnation.com/games...8309&do=guides

I will say that I hope there is an easier way to implement tagging achievements for the guides as copy/pasting each link was a bit of a hassle.
This sparked my curiosity and I took one of the easier games I have written one for and did some slight changes/reformatting for GTN and when I clicked submit it worked. It shows up as Gaps having a guide now.

https://www.gamertagnation.com/games...8309&do=guides

I will say that I hope there is an easier way to implement tagging achievements for the guides as copy/pasting each link was a bit of a hassle.
Originally Posted by Kaiteh
Self reply just to note a few things:

Apparently there is a way to add achievements in a pretty manner without just linking them. You can use the drop down list to search for an achievement and then click "Add" or just put the Number ID from the achievement link on GTN like this [guide_achievement]######[/guide_achievement].

Once you've posted your guide for the first time you have a better(?) interface to deal with that allows you to add co-owners or contributors and add different pages to your guide.

If anyone else decides to try this out and finds any other useful tips, shout them out.
That's interesting; I'm not seeing a drop down menu and I'm still getting the "Blocked" message/page when I try to add mine for Family Guy.
Edit; Nevermind. I figured out what was happening. I was trying to put the entire thing in one page lol
Last edited 11-09-2022 at 12:41 AM by HyruleBalverine.
The guide looks great! Also, cool to know about the editing options, and adding other contributors etc. Congratulations on posting what I believe is the first walkthrough on GTN in a proper walkthrough section!

Maybe you could add a guide on posting and editing guides, and maybe that could get stickied on the relevant forum?
That's interesting; I'm not seeing a drop down menu and I'm still getting the "Blocked" message/page when I try to add mine for Family Guy.
Edit; Nevermind. I figured out what was happening. I was trying to put the entire thing in one page lol
It is really weird. Also, maybe you could shout out to Eric that I kept having the text box go completely black - removing all visible white text - and I would have to click back out of the box to get the text to appear again. I am sure it's some weird type of bug.

Also, I have tried to click on the comment tab within my guide and it just loads a blank white page. I assume this is another possible bug?

The guide looks great! Also, cool to know about the editing options, and adding other contributors etc. Congratulations on posting what I believe is the first walkthrough on GTN in a proper walkthrough section!

Maybe you could add a guide on posting and editing guides, and maybe that could get stickied on the relevant forum?
Originally Posted by C64 Mat
Thanks, but I definitely haven't figured out the process quite yet. It is very weird. I'll share some screenshots below of the process then do a brief explanation.

1. Go to any game's guide page then click "Post a Guide"
2. This will bring you to another screen with 1 text box and none of the fancy walkthrough tools. I would probably recommend just typing your overview here and giving your guide a proper title before proceeding to click "Create Guide".
3. This next page is the ACTUAL walkthrough hub. If you click the ellipses at the top right of the page you get a drop down that allows you to add pages, move pages (if you have them), rename stuff. The first page that you have will always be named "Overview" and the bottom of this page is where you add co-owners and contributors.

I couldn't get my photos to upload so I stuck them on a google doc together: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Edit: Unless there is a reason for having that first page there, I kind of don't see the point in having it at all. It would be nice to have the Create a Guide button go directly to the walkthrough (guide) hub.
It is really weird. Also, maybe you could shout out to Eric that I kept having the text box go completely black - removing all visible white text - and I would have to click back out of the box to get the text to appear again. I am sure it's some weird type of bug.
I thought that it was just me; maybe an issue with my ISP / WiFi. I kept clicking onto a different tab and then going back. I'm glad to know it isn't just me.

Also, I have tried to click on the comment tab within my guide and it just loads a blank white page. I assume this is another possible bug?
I'm having this same issue.

Edit: Unless there is a reason for having that first page there, I kind of don't see the point in having it at all. It would be nice to have the Create a Guide button go directly to the walkthrough (guide) hub.
I honestly agree. I kept having issues and getting sent to a page that said "blocked" because I didn't realize that I could add multiple pages to the guide. With that said, given that Eric hasn't actually announced that this feature is ready, we may be inadvertently beta testing this feature for him. Lol
With that said, given that Eric hasn't actually announced that this feature is ready, we may be inadvertently beta testing this feature for him. Lol
If that is the case, I really don’t mind doing the beta testing. I’ve got 9-10 other walkthroughs that I have done and a partial FC5 DLC roadmap typed up too. If he lets us know when something is fixed, I can go in and add another one to test it out again and provide user feedback.
If that is the case, I really don’t mind doing the beta testing. I’ve got 9-10 other walkthroughs that I have done and a partial FC5 DLC roadmap typed up too. If he lets us know when something is fixed, I can go in and add another one to test it out again and provide user feedback.
I thank you for your service! I've got 7 guides I'm waiting on bringing over.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account