“Show eligible games” link for badges

Feature Requests

Found 4 posts - Go to Last Post

Planned

Favorite badge type?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 8 (34.78%) Mystery badges

× 6 (26.09%) Quantity badges (X number of games, Y number of achievements, Z gamerscore, etc.)

× 5 (21.74%) Series badges (Play/complete a game from the _______ series)

× 0 (0%) Site badges, non-mystery (forum posts, ratings, reviews, etc.)

× 4 (17.39%) Something else

• Added 09-24-2021 06:44 PM
  • 23 votes
Hey all,

I’m proposing adding a link to some of the badges which can show you a list of games that will satisfy the requirements for that badge. Something like that is already in place for the badges that relate to specific game series, but I think it would be helpful to add it to more.

The example that comes to mind is the “Glitched” badge. I was never sure what game I would need to play that would count for it, and then one day it was just unlocked for me, and I still don’t know which game did it - none of the 10-15 games I had most recently played at that time were glitched, so I was never sure.

This could also be added to the platform-specific badges. Yes, of course the game list can always be filtered to find those things manually, but streamlining is always the name of the game for stuff like this, right? So, rather than opening up the game list and filtering it down to, say, Windows 8 games, you just click a link and that filtered list just pops up for you. It could also be applied to other things, like a link on the Opinionated badges that take you straight to your unrated games.
I like it. We already have official lists for things like the Summer of Arcade badges. Granted, this might be a time consuming task, but I'm sure that a fair number of site members would be happy to pass along games that should qualify or let the staff know when a game no longer qualifies for a particular badge.

Edit... for your unrated games, just go to your profile, click games, select rated, then change the filter to show you only unrated games. I wish I'd found that sooner lol
I like it. We already have official lists for things like the Summer of Arcade badges. Granted, this might be a time consuming task, but I'm sure that a fair number of site members would be happy to pass along games that should qualify or let the staff know when a game no longer qualifies for a particular badge.

Edit... for your unrated games, just go to your profile, click games, select rated, then change the filter to show you only unrated games. I wish I'd found that sooner lol
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
I did know about that one, which is why I figured that one would be fairly easy to implement. Just a matter of adding the hyperlink to that particular filtering to the badge description!
Status changed to 'Planned' - Good idea. Let me see what I can do to help point you guys to the right pages with their applicable filters.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account