Ability to post streaks to "activity" page

Feature Requests

Found 16 posts - Go to Last Post

Completed
Nice job on the streaks facility.

I would love to be able to pin my current streak on my activity page as the pinned item.

edit: Worth noting, I started my current streak in 2018. So if I filter 2019/20/21 it shows nothing on streaks. Should the filter incorporate streaks that cover those years?
Last edited 10-04-2021 at 09:25 AM by Nod Nolan.
Good catch on the yearly filter. I will work on that this evening.

I'm planning to have streaks post to the activity feed and badges associated with reaching certain thresholds once I can confirm that they're tracking accurately across all time zones.

Look for that to happen later this month, probably about 2-3 weeks from now.
I'm assuming that like the Best Day/Week ever badges, the streak badges won't be retroactive... or will they?
I'm assuming that like the Best Day/Week ever badges, the streak badges won't be retroactive... or will they?
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
I'm thinking we will retroactively award them since it can be a bit messy determining a clear cut start date for streaks to count for badges. It would be easier to just count all streaks rather than those after X date.
I'm thinking we will retroactively award them since it can be a bit messy determining a clear cut start date for streaks to count for badges. It would be easier to just count all streaks rather than those after X date.
Originally Posted by GTN Eric
Makes sense; especially given how big some people's streaks have gotten in the past. Looking forward to the next update Smile
In my case being in the UK my nearly 3 year streak based on the GMT / BST time zones has only just started being recorded.

(And I'm very grateful for it Big Grin )
Status changed from 'Planned' to 'Completed' - Thanks again for reporting the issue with the date filter on the Streaks page. This issue looks to be resolved now.
How are these steaks calculated? I ask because the longest streak I see here is 36 days, but I have one on TA that's 135 days. Dec 6, 2014 - Apr 19, 2015.

Not sure what's causing the difference.
They are based on the time zone you have selected here. If you choose to change your time zone, your streaks will be recalculated so perhaps your time zone is different than what you have set on TA?
They are based on the time zone you have selected here. If you choose to change your time zone, your streaks will be recalculated so perhaps your time zone is different than what you have set on TA?
They shouldn't be but I'll check. Smile

EDIT: I just checked. Both are set for Pacific Time Zone (GMT/UMC -8). If I change the setting for DST here from always on to always off, it will let me rebuild my streaks, but they're still off. For instance, when I noticed that I don't show any achievements for Dec 15, 2014 here, I looked up the achievements I earned that day. A specific Example would be "It's In The Bag" from Microsoft Bingo (Win 8). TA shows me popping it at 9:56 PM on 15 Dec 2014 ( https://www.trueachievements.com/a18...gamerid=267109 ) but GTN shows it as 1:58 AM on 16 Dec 2014. (Similarly, the WP version shows as 8:45 PM on 15 Dec 2014 ( https://www.trueachievements.com/a19...gamerid=267109 ) on TA but as 1:45 AM on 16 Dec 2014 here. So, despite having the same time zone set, one shows as a 4 hour difference between sites and the other as a 4 hour difference between sites. I'm so confused lmao
Last edited 10-06-2021 at 03:56 AM by HyruleBalverine.
If it was a time zone problem based on whats listed on Microsoft's side you wouldn't have the same achievement unlocking at 9:56pm and 1:58am. they would be on the same minute.

wonder if theyre counted as "offline" achievements so both sites list them at the time they were found on their respective scans?
No, because they'd be labeled as offline. I'm not sure why that's a discrepancy.
Thanks for the follow up, I'm looking into it now.

FYI - we're provided with a timestamp based on UTC which is what we store in the database. That comes straight from Microsoft and is accurate down to the exact second. We then convert that timestamp to whatever timezone you have set here so the discrepancy in minutes (not hours) is really odd. I'll check our feed for those particular achievements.
Oh boy, so it turns out this was related to an old bug (circa 2013-2015) that has been fixed for some time now. Previously synced achievements never got updated to address it, that is until now. Albeit very slowly...

So basically, during those few years I did not realize the timestamps were coming in at UTC/GMT and stupidly compared this UTC timestamp with the server timestamp which was based on my local timezone (GMT-5, Central US). Wait, it gets worse... The system would then check if that UTC timestamp was greater than (i.e. later in time) than the current server time anytime the syncing process would run. If so, then it would update the timestamp to match the server timestamp (what was I even thinking?!).

This means if you unlocked an achievement and it synced up sometime within that 5 hour difference between GMT-0 and GMT-5 it would assume the unlock timestamp was the current server timestamp - completely ignoring the actual, correct UTC timestamp that should've been used.

Now, to begin fixing these timestamps I will force an update to gradually resync everyone's achievements prior to 2016. This process will go through and update any timestamps that don't match what we have in the database. Once this is complete, I will rebuild everyone's streaks to ensure what we have is accurate.
Oh boy, so it turns out this was related to an old bug (circa 2013-2015) that has been fixed for some time now. Previously synced achievements never got updated to address it, that is until now. Albeit very slowly...

So basically, during those few years I did not realize the timestamps were coming in at UTC/GMT and stupidly compared this UTC timestamp with the server timestamp which was based on my local timezone (GMT-5, Central US). Wait, it gets worse... The system would then check if that UTC timestamp was greater than (i.e. later in time) than the current server time anytime the syncing process would run. If so, then it would update the timestamp to match the server timestamp (what was I even thinking?!).

This means if you unlocked an achievement and it synced up sometime within that 5 hour difference between GMT-0 and GMT-5 it would assume the unlock timestamp was the current server timestamp - completely ignoring the actual, correct UTC timestamp that should've been used.

Now, to begin fixing these timestamps I will force an update to gradually resync everyone's achievements prior to 2016. This process will go through and update any timestamps that don't match what we have in the database. Once this is complete, I will rebuild everyone's streaks to ensure what we have is accurate.
Lol
As I was reading this, I couldn't help but picture those old infomercials "But wait! There's MORE!". As glad as I am for this to be resolved, I'm sorry that you've had so much work go into the resolution. You're awesome, Eric!

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account