Show if there are guides by each achievement when looking at a game.

Feature Requests

Found 9 posts - Go to Last Post

Currently, when looking at a game and looking at the list of achievements, it isn't even obvious that guides are a possibility (since there is no mention of them in the view). Once you click on an achievement name, it takes you to the guide page (which, was empty for most of what I was looking for today, but that is another story). It would be nice to not have that extra click, also, it could be motivating to add content and resources to the site.

"Oh man, I just finished this game, let me look at my list... Huh, no guides... I can fix that."

Something simple like "Guide(s) available" or "No Guides Yet" would work.
It is there, but it's not massively obvious.

Take a look at this list of achievements for American Fugitive:

You can see, by some achievement names there's a small icon which looks like a small note, and a number next to it. This is the number of guides available for that achievementSmile
Then change to "Improve showing if achievement has guides"

As literally nothing I looked at today had guides...
Even having the icon always there, and showing a zero would be slightly better, as it would at least be something you could hover over and see. Although, I feel like if iconography isn't painfully obvious at first glance, it means it needs to be improved.
Then change to "Improve showing if achievement has guides"

As literally nothing I looked at today had guides...
Originally Posted by futiles
There are relatively few of them, for sure! We need to get busy adding them Big Grin
Even having the icon always there, and showing a zero would be slightly better, as it would at least be something you could hover over and see. Although, I feel like if iconography isn't painfully obvious at first glance, it means it needs to be improved.
Even a colour swap would be something. Maybe keep the icon on screen at all times, then it's black with no guides, or green with one or more?
A better icon, too. That looks like it could be anything. Nothing to say "guide" - while something like a map, waypoint, compass rose, etc would at least indicate directions...

Or, simply changing it to text. 1 guide, 0 guide...
A better icon, too. That looks like it could be anything. Nothing to say "guide" - while something like a map, waypoint, compass rose, etc would at least indicate directions...

Or, simply changing it to text. 1 guide, 0 guide...
Cool ideas. Maybe a little (simple) treasure map? A square border with a wavy dotted line inside it leading to an X.
A slight change of color on the guide icon & number could make it stand out over the rest of the text.

Maybe even have the game header indicate it has guides, so something like:

Found 58 achievements for GS 1000 with 10 Guides.

Then clicking the guides will display all the achievements with guides.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account