Mute topics from the New Posts section

Feature Requests

Found 3 posts - Go to Last Post

I don’t know if others make use of the New Posts screen as much as I do, but if it’s at all feasible, I’d like to be able to mute certain forum threads so that they don’t appear for me when I go to that New Posts section.

There are probably only a handful of topics that make repeat appearances anyway, but, for example, if someone doesn’t use the “Just Completed” threads and gets tired of them cluttering up the new post list, and they would prefer to only see new posts from other topics, they could just mute those two topics (and I certainly do use those threads, so this isn’t just a roundabout way of taking a jab at them). Or if a topic about a specific game sparks a lot of discussion for some reason, and a person doesn’t play or care about that game, they could mute that thread. Another instance would be if someone wants to help track their poll participation, they could mute a thread once they’ve voted in the poll, so if there’s a poll popping up in the New Post list, they know it’s one they haven’t answered yet.

No idea if it’s even possible to customize the New Post feature like that, but I wanted to throw it out there.
Perhaps a good way to deal with this is to set up a "subscribed" threads section so that we can look at all new posts in the "new posts" section and new posts only for subscribed threads in the "subscribed" section? I don't know how feasible this is as I don't do coding, however.
Perhaps a good way to deal with this is to set up a "subscribed" threads section so that we can look at all new posts in the "new posts" section and new posts only for subscribed threads in the "subscribed" section? I don't know how feasible this is as I don't do coding, however.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
Or maybe a New Topics section instead of New Posts? Then if there's a topic someone doesn't really care about, they just have to not subscribe to it, and then it won't show up beyond the first time it appears in the New Topics section. Or is that what you meant?
Last edited 10-18-2022 at 04:17 AM by thanatos8285.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account