EA Subscription Service Coming to Xbox ONE

Xbox One / Series X|S

http://www.ea.com/news/ea-announces-...ss-on-xbox-one

What do you think?

I love the idea as I will get to eventually play games I didn't want to buy to begin but will be able to try them out.
This is awesome for 30 bucks!!! But I wonder if this will hurt them in the long run, I can see a lot of people not buying the new games and waiting for them to be added to the vault to play for freeish. I decided last year I would not be buying the new sports games anymore and now I will get to play them for 30bucks a year, I dont care that I have to wait a year to play them as I wasnt going to as it was. However, the 10% off new digital content is good news, it also, if successful is one step closer to total digital distribution. I still want my hard copy of the games I really want so not sure how I feel about their very clever way of getting us to buy digital.
If more of the Xbox One sports games were easy completions I would definitely get this.
I decided last year I would not be buying the new sports games anymore and now I will get to play them for 30bucks a year
Originally Posted by Sith Rick
To answer your question, they just made $30/year more than they were. You were NOT going to buy Madden, and now you will give them $30 to play Madden. As for the 10% off, you would have to buy more than 5 games a year at full price for them to "lose" money. And since digital distribution costs SOOOO much less than retail discs, it is way more profit and would push people to buy digital instead of retail, so, it looks like a big win for EA.
Not a bad idea, I would be willing to do enough Bing Searches to pay for the annual membership to play games I otherwise would have had to steal from hobbs.
I just got a code to preview the hub. I haven't been wasting time on EA sport titles since they started making you actually work for the achievements.
I just got a code to preview the hub. I haven't been wasting time on EA sport titles since they started making you actually work for the achievements.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I also got a code, thinking about hooking up a console...
Same here got my code as well. downloading peggle2 as i type this
To answer your question, they just made $30/year more than they were. You were NOT going to buy Madden, and now you will give them $30 to play Madden. As for the 10% off, you would have to buy more than 5 games a year at full price for them to "lose" money. And since digital distribution costs SOOOO much less than retail discs, it is way more profit and would push people to buy digital instead of retail, so, it looks like a big win for EA.
Originally Posted by futiles
if Madden was the only game I wouldn't pay the 30bucks, madden will be a bonus to games I wont buy, but what if I don't buy BF Hardline, the next NFS or Medal of Honor? now they got $30.00 and I played $180.00 worth of games. insert whatever games you want into the list it doesn't matter if they get in the program or not a lot of people will wait and see. there will be games added that people would have normally bought that might just wait and play later.

lets look at it from next years prospective and assume Madden 15 and Battlefield Hardline are in the program, that's $120.00 I didn't spend to play. now subtract the 60 from Madden I wasn't going to pay anyway and the 30 I paid for the subscription and they are -30 bucks for Battlefield...that's just one game I wait for and play for half price and EA has a lot of games released every year that I don't have to buy if I can wait to play. just saying it might hurt more than it helps the bottom line and if others follow like they did with the online pass say good buy to gamestop!
if Madden was the only game I wouldn't pay the 30bucks, madden will be a bonus to games I wont buy, but what if I don't buy BF Hardline, the next NFS or Medal of Honor? now they got $30.00 and I played $180.00 worth of games. insert whatever games you want into the list it doesn't matter if they get in the program or not a lot of people will wait and see. there will be games added that people would have normally bought that might just wait and play later.

lets look at it from next years prospective and assume Madden 15 and Battlefield Hardline are in the program, that's $120.00 I didn't spend to play. now subtract the 60 from Madden I wasn't going to pay anyway and the 30 I paid for the subscription and they are -30 bucks for Battlefield...that's just one game I wait for and play for half price and EA has a lot of games released every year that I don't have to buy if I can wait to play. just saying it might hurt more than it helps the bottom line and if others follow like they did with the online pass say good buy to gamestop!
Digital games are all profit. Think about the fact that Best Buy can sell new games for 20% without concern. EA is going to make a killing, because the people that buy Battlefield and Madden and whatever day one still will (at 10% off) without the EA cost of printing, pressing, shipping, etc. And they get the $30 subscription cost, and they get the casual never would have bought it playing the game, maybe selling a few extra DLCs...

Yeah, there is no math that works against them, because the hardcore fans of a specific title won't wait. The ones that can/do wait aren't their concern. They want the $30 subscription. Give the hardcore fan the 10%. Get them all digital, cut out Gamestop, Best Buy, Amazon, whoever...
I'm considering the $30 subscription, hell I waste more than that on Gamefly and I never play those games they just sit here. My problem now is the offerings are Madden 25 (whatever), Fifa 14 (tried it, I suck), Peggle 2 (already own) and Battlefield 4 (isn't this the incredibly broken ass game?).

I actually WANT to give them my money, but this is the best they can offer me?
but this is the best they can offer me?
During BETA, yeah...
Great idea Ea, but....

Sony: EA Access Doesn't 'Represent Good Value To The PlayStation Gamer'

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ion-gamer.aspx

What do you think?
If more of the Xbox One sports games were easy completions I would definitely get this. I just got a code for the app, might give Battlefield 4 a spin...
I'm going to wait until Futiles reports if it works on multiple consoles. Right now my son's console is my primary one, so he can play all the games I buy on mine. If that works I'll buy this, if not, I'll wait until there is a library I'm more interested in.
I'm going to wait until Futiles reports if it works on multiple consoles. Right now my son's console is my primary one, so he can play all the games I buy on mine. If that works I'll buy this, if not, I'll wait until there is a library I'm more interested in.
I will TRY to unpack a second X1 tonight and try. I am still packed from AF2014 (sorry Kaens, I still need to send you stuff...)
if you look at the history of the badges offered on this site, there will probably be one or more offered for unlocking achievements during the beta.
if you look at the history of the badges offered on this site, there will probably be one or more offered for unlocking achievements during the beta.
It would be hard to tell if someone was using the game during beta as part of the beta, or just had the game. My Madden 25 achievements last night were no different than anyone else getting them off the digital or retail versions of the game.

Unless the EA Access HUB shows up, but, you don't need a subscription to load it, just the BETA code.
It would be hard to tell if someone was using the game during beta as part of the beta, or just had the game. My Madden 25 achievements last night were no different than anyone else getting them off the digital or retail versions of the game.

Unless the EA Access HUB shows up, but, you don't need a subscription to load it, just the BETA code.
Originally Posted by futiles
once you download a game would you access that game from the hub or your games library?
once you download a game would you access that game from the hub or your games library?
Library. The hub just lets you see what is in the vault and manage subscription. Games are downloaded from the market directly to your games list, just like all others. As far as my X1, TA, xbox.com, GTN, etc are concerned, I am playing Madden 25, just like anyone else.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account