COMMUNITY Competition (Prize) SIGN UP...Video Game Bingo! (VINGO) RULES ARE POSTED!

Gaming Chat

Does This Competition Sound Like Fun?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 61 (81.33%) Yes, I Just Want To Know What I need To Do!

× 14 (18.67%) No, it sounds like something old people do

• Added 08-07-2014 10:17 PM
  • 75 votes
I'm playing Minecraft Xbox One with futiles right now, 2/4 co-op done.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Is that game any fun? I have never played (might be the only person on the planet).
I'm playing Minecraft Xbox One with futiles right now, 2/4 co-op done.
I confirm this, 2/4 for me too
Okay, DONE. I declare all VINGOS through the end of the contest. Can I donate a VINGO to a needy cause?
I will be Minecrafting tonight, maybe 11PM-1AM Central Time. I have quite a few achievements just sitting there to be had...

I just need two people to come co-op with me. (Hey Zombie, why don't you come co-op...)
I will be Minecrafting tonight, maybe 11PM-1AM Central Time. I have quite a few achievements just sitting there to be had...

I just need two people to come co-op with me. (Hey Zombie, why don't you come co-op...)
Originally Posted by futiles
I'll be there.

I may join you if I don't fall asleep by then. Wink Still have to download and figure out how to transfer my saves and stuff.
I may join you if I don't fall asleep by then. Wink Still have to download and figure out how to transfer my saves and stuff.
Originally Posted by Buckswana
Transfer saves is EASY (but only 1 at a time).

Launch 360 Minecraft, select your world, don't press A to launch, press Y to upload. Exit

Launch X1 Minecraft, get ready to select a world, press Y to download, PLAY
Okay, DONE. I declare all VINGOS through the end of the contest. Can I donate a VINGO to a needy cause?
Originally Posted by Fshguy
you can give it to me for my "28th" birthday Smile

I have never played this game. Is the juice worth the squeeze? =)
Sure, I'll just take your Forza square from you to put us back on par.
Just for funsies, here's what I've been up to for this competition.

Picture should be a link to my detailed diary I've kept in Google Docs.
Just for funsies, here's what I've been up to for this competition.

Picture should be a link to my detailed diary I've kept in Google Docs.
Originally Posted by Kaens
so why should we be in such a hurry to finish out this round again? Obviously I wouldn't want to call the V word to advance the round until my card looks the same.
so why should we be in such a hurry to finish out this round again? Obviously I wouldn't want to call the V word to advance the round until my card looks the same.
Exactly one of the flaws in this competition.We're never going to round 4 until everyone has their card done. Fsh is already done all of his slots. I'm happy to highlight the frustration of this competition. We already had to skip a round, which was supposed to be a bonus round, that screwed me, and who knows how this is going to go, but we should have had hard deadlines. It's been nearly a month and we haven't even finished two rounds yet. Actually, we haven't actually finish one round, we just cried mercy on one and moved on.
Exactly one of the flaws in this competition.We're never going to round 4 until everyone has their card done. Fsh is already done all of his slots. I'm happy to highlight the frustration of this competition. We already had to skip a round, which was supposed to be a bonus round, that screwed me, and who knows how this is going to go, but we should have had hard deadlines. It's been nearly a month and we haven't even finished two rounds yet. Actually, we haven't actually finish one round, we just cried mercy on one and moved on.
Granted, he does not state it explicitly, but:

There is a "free space" on your card already.

Bonuses will be added in additional rounds, focus on getting out of this first round to find out what they will be. Focus on what you CAN do right now to complete a row, get to the next round, and maybe you won't have to play some of those pesky squares. Wait and see. I am always thinking and creating content within events. Keep at it!
Originally Posted by Zombie In PJs
I inferred that each round after round two would be bonus rounds, so, you did not miss one bonus, but two (the round two bonus, and the round three bonus) of them. But, Bingo is an open-ended game, so, I have no issue with the extended run, but, honestly, I am not really in a hurry to declare, because, why?

However, I like that someone is trying, and having worked on events with ChromeZombie in the past, I know the next ones will improve.
Oh, and in Bingo, the center square is the FREE SPACE. Usually represented with a star. And FOUR CORNERS is an official Bingo game style, just like BLACK OUT (it is almost the same odds as a normal Bingo, since the center is free, and 4 possible bingos pass through the center, requiring only 4 more squares drawn, a 4-Corners draw does not throw off the math enough).

In fact, moving the free space from the center to any other square affects that square and Bingo odds more. In the Center is is part of horizontal, vertical and both diagonal bingo lines. Anywhere else, it is part of only 2 or 3 lines, not four, making it less valuable...
Sure, I'll just take your Forza square from you to put us back on par.
Can we trade it for a Trials square? Looks like you have enough time to knock off that Forza square.
Is it possible to withdraw from the competition? I have absolutely no idea what is going on at this point.

If this is done again in the future, there needs to be a separate page or something that lists who has VINGO, what round it is and if there are any bonuses in effect, it's incredibly difficult to follow what the heck is happening through a convoluted single forum with hundreds of posts.

Just my opinion...
Is it possible to withdraw from the competition? I have absolutely no idea what is going on at this point.

If this is done again in the future, there needs to be a separate page or something that lists who has VINGO, what round it is and if there are any bonuses in effect, it's incredibly difficult to follow what the heck is happening through a convoluted single forum with hundreds of posts.

Just my opinion...
Originally Posted by Canadian8tor
You were already eliminated, you did not make the first cutoff, so, YES!
Can we trade it for a Trials square? Looks like you have enough time to knock off that Forza square.
Thing is, I don't WANT to knock out that Forza square. The one Forza game I did was a bet, I don't enjoy them enough to play more, much less all of them.
I too understand everyone's frustration and it is warranted. However, I have adjusted on the fly as there weren't as many active participants. A lot wanted in, but a lot of them didn't push hard to knock out any squares. As stated previously, we would go into extended time if it was required, and it is, as of right now.

As Futiles stated, future events that are grand scale as this will be much more thought out, questions asked, and asked again for clarification. Hopefully I have at least one other member to bounce the ideas off of. For now, we are where we are. Only the strongest and most competitive will survive. Is that YOU?

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account