You Can Now Pre-Order Resident Evil.

Gaming Chat

Found 22 posts - Go to Last Post

Are you going to play this?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 21 (35.59%) Yes. Resident Evil is part of my DNA Strand.

× 24 (40.68%) No. I'm sick of the remaster outbreaks.

× 14 (23.73%) No. Survival Horror is a dead genre.

• Added 01-08-2015 05:39 AM
  • 59 votes
For $19.99 owners of the Xbox One, who live in the United States, can pre-order the digitally released, remastered version of the first game in the Resident Evil franchise. As a bonus you'll receive the capability of already having the game download so you can play it the second it's released. The release date, unless it changes, is 1/20/15 at 12:01 am pdt. Also, If you were a member of the Raccoon City Contagion Campaign before it hit 100% you'll be able to unlock bonus content. The game looks beautiful and will bring you back to when games were truly scary. Furthermore, it includes a Very Easy mode for gamers who only want to experience the excellent story.

Youtube has a few videos up of gameplay, comparisons and trailers.

I know for a fact I'm buying this. I've loved RE, RE4 and RE5. I think they're the mainstream horror games everyone should play where Silent Hill is an acquired taste. My wife, who only plays survival horror, is very excited for this game to come out. She likes playing games on Easy mode and when I told her about Very Easy she lit up. I know one thing, when I play it I'm instantly switching to the new control scheme. When my wife played the remastered version of SH2 & SH3 she couldn't get into it, even though Pyramid Head is one of her favorite villains because she loved playing 2 so much when it first released. I never bothered to check if there was an updated scheme or not.... Maybe I should do that.

Anyways, is anyone else getting this?
Last edited 01-08-2015 at 05:41 AM by Infected Stray.
Definitely getting both versions (even imported the Asian Import version that has Eng/Jpn audio and text for PS3) i love this game, preordered the X1 version yesterday.

There's rumors they are doing Resident Evil Zero due to an image on a theme for PS3 before Capcom removed it, hope it's true.
I will be ordering this tomorrow/today when I wake up.. X1 for sure.. 360?? on the fence just because I have herd dome pretty bad stories of 360 ports that are meant for the X1. I wonder if this was meant for the 360 or for the One when it was initially thought of?

Get's me mad about he 100% contagion bonus... grrr.. oh well guess that teaches me lesson to play games a little bit more than, then just bean diving for a little bit.. then coming back to them years later... sigh.
Count me in i a diehard re fan i fully completed re revelations and re 6 and also still play revelations to this day cant wait for revelations 2 to come out
Sucks that pre-orders on the One are not getting the 360 version, like the PS4 is getting the PS3 version.
This may actually convince me to buy a One
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
You should hold out... Don't give in.
Survival Horror is awesome, but I avoid RE like the plague. I've only played one of them (RE5 on the 360) and it was terrible. Modern games have me spoiled to the point where there's no way I can play a stand-still-to-shoot game. If they've changed it since the last one I played, I may give it a try but if it's anything like that one, it's just not my thing at all.
This may actually convince me to buy a One
porsche, granted it will look better on the Xbox One you don't need to convince yourself of doing anything that drastic for a $20 dollar game. It's going to be on the 360, which is where I'll buy my copy. I was only posting that it's able to be pre-ordered on the One currently. I've read that if you want to pre-order it for the 360 you have to go to a physical location... I guess that's a perk of owning a $400 system! Think about all the gas money you'll save!

Survival Horror is awesome, but I avoid RE like the plague. I've only played one of them (RE5 on the 360) and it was terrible. Modern games have me spoiled to the point where there's no way I can play a stand-still-to-shoot game. If they've changed it since the last one I played, I may give it a try but if it's anything like that one, it's just not my thing at all.
Originally Posted by SG Steelhead
Steelhead, there's a lot of RE fans who agree that after RE4 the franchise took a hard nose dive. Since you only played RE5 I can see why you didn't play the others. I think my favorite part of 5 was Shiva. She was such a breath of fresh air from the chick you had to babysit in the fourth one. The only other thing I remember is how easy it was to complete it... until they added unnecessary DLC. You're absolutely right about the stand-still-to-shoot games though, my wife and I don't enjoy them either. However, you might be in luck if you want to try another one. There's going to be some form of updated control scheme you can use instead of the old way.
Last edited 01-08-2015 at 08:51 PM by Infected Stray.
porsche, granted it will look better on the Xbox One you don't need to convince yourself of doing anything that drastic for a $20 dollar game. It's going to be on the 360, which is where I'll buy my copy. I was only posting that it's able to be pre-ordered on the One currently. I've read that if you want to pre-order it for the 360 you have to go to a physical location... I guess that's a perk of owning a $400 system! Think about all the gas money you'll save!

Originally Posted by Infected Stray
Oh... I misunderstood that it was on 360 as well. Yeah, I'll just do that. Thanks buddy XD
I'm with Infected on this one, 5 was supposed to revitalized but the African zombies didn't take as well as the traditional RE zombies did and the control scheme is supposed to be a lot more fluid now, no more stand and shoot. Now it supposed to have a real 3rd person shooter feel to it, I hope so because I love the ambience of the series but hated the control scheme myself.. Like Metal Gears I hate the controls scheme on those.
Steelhead, there's a lot of RE fans who agree that after RE4 the franchise took a hard nose dive. Since you only played RE5 I can see why you didn't play the others. I think my favorite part of 5 was Shiva. She was such a breath of fresh air from the chick you had to babysit in the fourth one. The only other thing I remember is how easy it was to complete it... until they added unnecessary DLC. You're absolutely right about the stand-still-to-shoot games though, my wife and I don't enjoy them either. However, you might be in luck if you want to try another one. There's going to be some form of updated control scheme you can use instead of the old way.
I'm with Infected on this one, 5 was supposed to revitalized but the African zombies didn't take as well as the traditional RE zombies did and the control scheme is supposed to be a lot more fluid now, no more stand and shoot. Now it supposed to have a real 3rd person shooter feel to it, I hope so because I love the ambience of the series but hated the control scheme myself.. Like Metal Gears I hate the controls scheme on those.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
That's great news. Maybe I'll give it a whirl after all. Thanks for the info!
That's great news. Maybe I'll give it a whirl after all. Thanks for the info!
No problem, bro. I think all Survivor Horror fans should experience the first Resident Evil. Without it there may not have been such an uprising of other great games in the genre. It's not the most bizarre, creepy, or even the scariest game, but it's amazing nonetheless.

Have fun!
No problem, bro. I think all Survivor Horror fans should experience the first Resident Evil. Without it there may not have been such an uprising of other great games in the genre. It's not the most bizarre, creepy, or even the scariest game, but it's amazing nonetheless.

Have fun!
It's truly an amazing game an one of the ones that put survival horror in more prominent spotlight, BUT this is a remastered version which I have never played any of the remastered stuff for RE.. I here some key points were made to be different.. one with a dog and hallway come to mind, but hopefully the graphics and hopefully better changes to the ambience will create just as memorable experience. But if your just looking for very creepy came to play try Outlast.. very RE original feel to it so far.. but I'm not sure if you get weapons..or even health for that matter.. but as for scary it's made me jump within the fist five minutes of gameplay!
If you want another great Survival Horror game to play, give Alien Isolation a whirl,

Hands down, it was my GOTY 2014.

But overall, i can't wait for this, been waiting to play REmaster for while.
Last edited 01-10-2015 at 07:20 AM by BigNev44.
I've never actually played an RE game... I won't preorder this, but I may consider purchasing it when/if it goes on sale.
The original RE on PSOne was one of the greatest gaming experiences ever, if you remove the horrid controls. This update may make it one of the better games of all time. We'll see Big Grin
The original RE on PSOne was one of the greatest gaming experiences ever, if you remove the horrid controls. This update may make it one of the better games of all time. We'll see Big Grin
RE on PS1 was cool, but the Gamecube remake was awesome. This remake of the gamecube remake looks just slightly better version. We'll see, I'll get it eventually. I'm sure side by side it's night and day.
RE on PS1 was cool, but the Gamecube remake was awesome. This remake of the gamecube remake looks just slightly better version. We'll see, I'll get it eventually. I'm sure side by side it's night and day.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Well the X1 re make is supposed to be on par with the Gamecube remake. I hope they don't just port it over, but the articles I have been reading say it they have been remaking certain parts, so maybe it's a combination.. either way it will be better graphically.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Dear Lord, I forgot about Gamecube version. How could I!?! Seriously, my mistake. I am really looking forward to see how they improved it above that version.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account