I genuinely do not enjoy the optometrist.

General Chat

Found 13 posts - Go to Last Post

Had my annual visit to the optometrist this afternoon. It is never an enjoyable experience for me. I need glasses, but, nothing major, I am just near-sighted. However, I cannot stand anything touching my eye. ANYTHING.

I can never wear contacts, because, other than not actually being able to put them in, the idea of a disc sitting against my eye all day long would actually drive my batshit insane.

Well, and my doctor likes to do pretty in-depth exams. I get drops in my eyes that numb the eyeball so they can do pressure tests. They have a device that actually pushes against the eyeball multiple times. I have to actually hold myself in position in the chair, or else I slowly move away from the doctor as he moves in to examine the eyes, without even realizing I am doing it.

Then I just feel weird the rest of the day because my eyes just are not right until the next day.

Blech
As long as he doesn't look at your brown eye
I've had relatively bad eyesight for a long time, but I've never had any sort of pressure test done. What is that supposed to accomplish?
The pressure test checks the fluid pressure inside the eye. Increased pressure could be a sign of glaucoma. Unfortunately I have this test done every year because I'm diabetic. I hate this test Frown
I know the feeling. My wife is a manager of nationwide vision, so im forced to get eye checks regularly. I wear contacts and glasses and it doesn't bother me but the tests are a real pain. I sleep in my contacts so my eyes are all messed up. My prescription is like -6.25. horrible
Just had my eyes checked this past week. I do have glaucoma, but they check the pressure with a little blue light, nothing actually touches my eye. Part I hate is the drops that dilate your pupils, so when you leave everything's so bright you can barely open your eyes. If it's sunny, it's brutal for the next couple of hours until it wears off.
I loathe getting my eyes checked. It was regular during my active duty time - and since I've been out, I haven't done it once, for almost the exact reasons futile mentioned. Yuck.
I don't think I've ever been my entire life. #blessed
I've only seen an optometrist once when I was 18 for a pair of lenses for computer work. It went pretty standard I guess they don't do those tests for another 10 years.
I'm basically legally blind, my vision is that bad.

And now I know your weakness....

Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
And you can imagine a man of my size cringing from the eye devices...

Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Please let me be there when you try to blow in his eye....

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account