Achievement Hunting Team

Feature Requests

Found 18 posts - Go to Last Post

Now we have youtube enabled guides how about an official team who make and post videos under an official section at the top with member guides underneath. Build more on these features we have to outdo the competition. If we had proper guides imagine traffic we would get from google when people search for them.
You know, I really like this idea to, but if you're going to represent a site (any site) you will not want to being shame on it. Also a lot of the achievements have viable solutions and most of the site is filled with top tier gamers: Meaning that we have already burned through a lot of the achievements and may find it difficult to redo them unless, we would start a new gamer tag, which at this point I would not. I would like to do something like thus but it ultimately has to be signed off on by Eric if you wish to represent GTN. I/we could start with newer games and work on doing some older stuff as well. I personally would like to focus on doing boosting tutorials with a dedicated group. I don't see a lot of those type of videos.

This is something I would like to work on, but I'm also un aware of the logistics on how to accomplish this. Do I need specialized equipment?

I actually have a good friend who also would like to help me or get some something going. He thinks I might be able to do well and I would love to get this going for GTN, but again I wouldn't move to represent us without expressed consent from Eric. I could try and do some of my own and post them, but only as a gamer on a site. Maybe it's hard to explain that, but I think you'll get what I'm trying to say.

Anyone else maybe interested in helping or doing this together or by yourselves in a group effort?
It wasn't for me to do haha

Use your Kinect to record sound on footage, stream to twitch and export to YouTube.
It wasn't for me to do haha

Use your Kinect to record sound on footage, stream to twitch and export to YouTube.
Originally Posted by dieselv2
I'll look into it and see what I can see and do and stuff...lol.

My first achievement guide will be for the Simpsons...press start! Lol.
Hahaha that was an awesome achievement. I reckon you should get a new tag and rent avatar haha.
You know, I really like this idea to, but if you're going to represent a site (any site) you will not want to being shame on it. Also a lot of the achievements have viable solutions and most of the site is filled with top tier gamers: Meaning that we have already burned through a lot of the achievements and may find it difficult to redo them unless, we would start a new gamer tag, which at this point I would not. I would like to do something like thus but it ultimately has to be signed off on by Eric if you wish to represent GTN. I/we could start with newer games and work on doing some older stuff as well. I personally would like to focus on doing boosting tutorials with a dedicated group. I don't see a lot of those type of videos.

This is something I would like to work on, but I'm also un aware of the logistics on how to accomplish this. Do I need specialized equipment?

I actually have a good friend who also would like to help me or get some something going. He thinks I might be able to do well and I would love to get this going for GTN, but again I wouldn't move to represent us without expressed consent from Eric. I could try and do some of my own and post them, but only as a gamer on a site. Maybe it's hard to explain that, but I think you'll get what I'm trying to say.

Anyone else maybe interested in helping or doing this together or by yourselves in a group effort?
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
If you are going to do any kind of video tutorials/solutions/guides/whatever, invest the low entry cost on one of these:
http://www.hauppauge.com/site/produc...us-gaming.html

I have 3 of them (for Extra Life, Achievement Fest, Conventions, Whatever), and it can do full audio/video capture from anything with an HDMI or Component Video outputs. It passes through to an HDMI out (so, your Xbox, Playstation, Wii, Video Camera, whatever) can still display on your TV without lag. It then connects to any modern Windows PC via USB. The PC can either stream to any of the major streaming sites (Twitch is what I use, but it does work with the others), or do video capture to your PC to edit as you want, or direct upload to YouTube, or a combination of those.

They are about $100, depending on the model you want, and I am currently using one to convert all the old family movies (on VHS and VHS-C) to digital formats (to put on a disc and a NAS).

I have successfully streamed for 24 hours continuously on each of them using my Surface Pro (1st Gen), an older Win7 Laptop using an AMD processor, and a work PC using Windows XP (before it EOL'd). I watched for deals on them at Best Buy, and got one for $45. I like it over the Elegato because if you use the Hauppauge software, the device has a button on the top that you push, and it controls the start and stop recording on your PC (so, if not convenient to be next to the PC, you can still turn on and off recording).
Why would you do spent the money when the Xbox One can stream with no lag? I don't get lag and streamed at 720p, just checked my YouTube account. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSoeO0oFGGw
I love editing videos and have experience with AVID and Final Cut Pro X if anyone needs help editing anything.
The PC can either stream to any of the major streaming sites (Twitch is what I use, but it does work with the others), or do video capture to your PC to edit as you want, or direct upload to YouTube, or a combination of those.
Originally Posted by futiles
What software do you use for editing ? I prefer free, but would consider buying software if its at the right price.
Why would you do spent the money when the Xbox One can stream with no lag? I don't get lag and streamed at 720p, just checked my YouTube account. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSoeO0oFGGw
Originally Posted by dieselv2
The One streams, but, it does not video capture, and if you were to transfer from Twitch to wherever, you are talking about a compressed video, which is crap for editing. Also, I guess you missed the 360 portion of that...

Also, since I do Wii, Wii U, PS4, PS3, Handhelds, Classic Consoles, Tabletop games, PC...

Yeah, the Xbox One being able to stream is fairly useless for the rest of that.

(You also lose the Achievement Pops when streaming directly, which many people LIKE seeing in their tutorials and guides)
What software do you use for editing ? I prefer free, but would consider buying software if its at the right price.
Originally Posted by MrGompers

Hauppauge has a basic video editor built in to the software bundled. I had access to a the full Adobe Suite last time I was doing anything with it, so, I used that...

I am sure there are some great cheap/free editors beyond that, but, I don't have any experience there.
I really appreciate all the great input, I'll have to really get into that but it wont be for a while since i got this new job and have other financial issues right now.. So I may do some tinkering with the streaming Xbox one free stuff just to get my proverbial feet wet and graduate to the futiles set up, which I'll probably ask for more help then.
I suppose you would need editing software to put GTN branding on it.
I really appreciate all the great input, I'll have to really get into that but it wont be for a while since i got this new job and have other financial issues right now.. So I may do some tinkering with the streaming Xbox one free stuff just to get my proverbial feet wet and graduate to the futiles set up, which I'll probably ask for more help then.
I've actually done a few classes on it.
I've actually done a few classes on it.
Originally Posted by futiles
I know technology moves pretty fast too, but did you record these classes or was this strictly a class room set up?
You'll find plenty of guides on the internet won't you?
I know technology moves pretty fast too, but did you record these classes or was this strictly a class room set up?
It was specifically an in-class setup, for my Extra Life guild. But, honestly, the easiest way to learn how to do it is to just start doing it. Most of the devices are just about plug-and-play, and are made for experimentation. For Achievement Fest, I actually daisy-chain two devices together, each one into a different PC, so that one could live stream everything we did, while the other one did a full video capture.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account