Favorite type of achievement

Xbox 360

Found 17 posts - Go to Last Post

What is your favorite type of achievement?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 29 (35.37%) Collectable

× 23 (28.05%) Grinder / Cumulative

× 17 (20.73%) Difficulty Specific

× 8 (9.76%) Online Only

× 3 (3.66%) Date Sensitive

× 6 (7.32%) Viral / Date Sensitive

× 59 (71.95%) Story Based

• Added 10-21-2013 01:12 AM
  • 82 votes
  • Multiple choice enabled
I really enjoy collectible achievements and difficulty based achievements

You can make multiple selections

edit:
I forgot to add time sensitilve achievements / check point achievements
Last edited 10-21-2013 at 01:31 AM by SpectreSubZero.
I have a love hate relationship with all achievements, and depending on how many or what the difficulty is is on finding said collectibles I really hate them. I hate when they make achievements way too hard like CoD MW or Bomberman Act Zero.

I feel if the game is good enough it shouldn't warrant a million collectibles or seemingly luck based achievements, but I do love the sound of the achievement when it unlocks, especially after a long grind it's a satisfaction I can't explain yet everyone feels. It's just kind of too bad most Grindy achievements require boosting, don't get me wrong I love boosting, but sometimes, I just like to try and get something for myself, but unfortunately my skill is somewhat under par for some of these games, that and time...i just wish I had more of it...sigh.. Rant over.
I wish more games had achievements like this, which is by far one of my proudest achievements:

http://www.gamertagnation.com/achiev...evement-55361/

Not only is it difficulty based, but it tells everyone that you did it on your own (no co-op)
I wish more games had achievements like this, which is by far one of my proudest achievements:

http://www.gamertagnation.com/achiev...evement-55361/

Not only is it difficulty based, but it tells everyone that you did it on your own (no co-op)
Originally Posted by SpectreSubZero
Yes like the Veteran achievements on Call of Duty series. Those are my proudest. I actually don't like achievements anymore, and really only play what I want to play - then I worry about them. I prefer story based now.
i have to say my proudest achievement was when I unlocked seriously 3.0 earlier this year it is prolly the most time consuming achieve on xbox live n very few will ever get it
Expert guitar/bass on all of the games in that genre were my favourites as very few people can say, HEY LOOK, I JUST GOT THAT DUDE. Messed my fingers up playing too much now though so I have to go with Story based. I don't mind collectables as long as they add something to the game itself.
Expert guitar/bass on all of the games in that genre were my favourites as very few people can say, HEY LOOK, I JUST GOT THAT DUDE. Messed my fingers up playing too much now though so I have to go with Story based. I don't mind collectables as long as they add something to the game itself.
Originally Posted by chaotikilla
Like pieces of naked pics in Slaughterhouse that when all found show boobies? Yeah, me too.
At this point, I can't stand difficult chevos,besides being overused, I just don't feel like beating every game on hard difficulty. Hopefully the next generation brings more original chevos
I enjoy achievements that add to the game in some way.

Orange Box had some creative achievements, like obeying and throwing the can in the trash, or not obeying and throwing the can on the ground.

I don't mind things like the Fallouts, where you must be good/neutral/evil at certain points, but I don't really feel compelled to go back and do those. Story based achievements that come naturally usually are more enjoyable to me.
I enjoy achievements that add to the game in some way.

Orange Box had some creative achievements, like obeying and throwing the can in the trash, or not obeying and throwing the can on the ground.

I don't mind things like the Fallouts, where you must be good/neutral/evil at certain points, but I don't really feel compelled to go back and do those. Story based achievements that come naturally usually are more enjoyable to me.
Originally Posted by futiles
Exactly. I am so out of time now that a game must be enjoyable, and if an achievement pops, yay. If not, no biggie. I just want to play. I am tired of multiple playthroughs for 1 achievement. Just sum it up in one experience and let me get as much as I can.
Having to do more than 1 playthrough is not needed in my opinion. I can only enjoy a game the first time so if I have to do it a second time then 9 times out of 10 it ends up in my drawer waiting to be traded in.

That's why I'm doing Halo 3 on legendary and getting the skulls at the same time with you Porsche. That and the fact it's a fun game with more than 1 person
Story and Difficulty for me. I hate anything that can become unobtainable in time so the date/viral/online drive me crazy. Plus, online achievements ruin the multi-player experience IMO.

I can't believe how many of you picked collectibles! I feel like they ruin story mode since you sit there with a guide to find everything. I like collectibles in games like Gears or Call of Duty when you can just go back and replay, but hate them in games like Fallout3 where you miss one and need another play through.
I love grinds... unless it's too long. Like, I can and did suffer through all of the Orange Box and got all 99 achievements, but I don't feel like I could go for Seriously 3.0. It's like I get more out of it. Orange Box got me 1000G but Seriously 3.0 would only give me 100G, and maybe some other miscellaneous achievements here and there along the way unintentionally.
Story Mode: because you don't have to do any extra work. Plus I have online achievements that are ranked only.
Collectable? I just happy to find my car keys in the morning.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account