Achievement Fest 2018

General Chat

Just a quick update, with more info to come:

www.achievementfest.com will be getting a facelift/redesign. We have a new person giving us some support on that aspect.
Dates will be July 19-23 (Thursday - Monday), with the main portion being July 20-22 (Friday-Sunday)
Pricing will be that same as 2017 (I will post that in the next post)

I leave for Extra Life United on Friday, and will not be back until Monday, March 12, so, expect my updates to be limited until then, but, I will be working with the folks at eBash on the side, and I hope to have registration ready to go by the time I get back (if not sooner).
From last year's thread:

Making a few changes to registration this year.

Right off the bat, if you attend, you get a t-shirt. We have just incorporated the shirt into the base costs. This will just make life easier for everyone.

$35 is the new base cost, getting you in for Friday - Sunday. Gets you a chair, a shirt, a badge, a lanyard, square donuts on Saturday, invitation to RBC VI, some counter space, some shelf space, two electrical outlets, and an Ethernet port.

$15 upgrades you to the Thursday - Monday pass. You get just that much more gaming. (Most people only really go by the store on Monday to load their gear, say goodbye to Dustin, or coordinate rides to the airport)

$10 gets you a 32" HDTV setup at your station, waiting for you to arrive.

$20 gets you a 32" HDTV and use of eBash game consoles, setup and waiting for you.

$30 gets your kid the ability to tag along (13yo median age this year) and their own shirt, badge, and lanyard. They will spend most of their time with the other kids in eBash, and make use of the store's computers and consoles.

$10 gets you an additional t-shirt (The Streak Leader package).

Basically, if you show up for just Fri-Sun, and bring your own gear, it is going to cost you $35 to attend. If you want to arrive early, stay late, have eBash provide all the equipment, bring your kid along, and pick up an extra t-shirt, it will cost you $110 to attend.

I will hopefully have word on when registration is open this week; we are working on the layout. The store has 21 seats in private rooms, and many more seats on the open floor, so, we are figuring out how to work with this new arrangement. How we can mark off the private area...

I will be reaching out to hotels this week and next, and hopefully have an idea of hotel costs. Last year, most of us stayed at Quality Inn for about $70/night, which was 2 beds, so, easy to double up with others. This hotel was less than 2 min from eBash, and super convenient.
Originally Posted by futiles
Mr pTart and I were literally just discussing this. We will definitely be there again this year. Now to request the time off work.....
Darn, that overlaps with my son's cub scout camping, so I won't be able to make it again. I really want to make it one year when the timing works out.
Darn, that overlaps with my son's cub scout camping, so I won't be able to make it again. I really want to make it one year when the timing works out.
Originally Posted by jeffmomm
Take them camping in Terre Haute.
Take them camping in Terre Haute.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
In Terre Haute, they just call that Tuesday.
In Terre Haute, they just call that Tuesday.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Every "hotel" I've stayed at in Terre Haute has been like camping...
Originally Posted by Streak Leader
You save money by using the hotel bedbugs, and leaving yours at home!
Originally Posted by Streak Leader
I can't be blamed for wanting to stay at a hotel with indoor plumbing in nearly every room.
I will be there. I am planning on bringing the teenagers with as well.

I will have a Chinese X1 with the easy download only games.
I am not having much luck in dealing with hotels on getting any kind of group rate beyond what they are advertising on their websites currently. We are running into the same problem as last year with our choice of weekends. The RAIN event (Ride across Indiana) is happening the same weekend.

So, our best bet is to just go ahead and try to book as soon as you can. Quality Inn, where most stayed last year, was advertising $66/night on a book now pay now reservation.

Pear Tree just renovated, and they had 10 king rooms left for $97ish. Everything else is 120+.
any update on the registration? Mr pTart and I would like to be in the yellow room again Smile
I guess the better question would be: Are we able to register now using this link? http://achievementfest.com/product/2018-passes/
any update on the registration? Mr pTart and I would like to be in the yellow room again Smile
Originally Posted by pTartTX
Can we chain her chair to the side? She takes up the whole room...
Can we chain her chair to the side? She takes up the whole room...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
I'm pretty sure they charge extra for that, and I don't feel like paying for that, so it's on you :P
Monday, March 26 is our goal to allow everyone to register on the new version of the site. I will update everyone if that changes, but, please hold off claiming seats until I post here. Thank you again for everyone's patience.
Can I still palpay? Currently only myself, possibly with an xbox in tow before I sell it to Streak Leader. Jr. has to get his grades up before he gets to go. Progress report will tell.
Can I still palpay? Currently only myself, possibly with an xbox in tow before I sell it to Streak Leader. Jr. has to get his grades up before he gets to go. Progress report will tell.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
As always, yes. We will work something out once registration goes live.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account