end of a generation

Gaming Chat

Found 25 posts - Go to Last Post

with the launch of a new console generation just a few months away what do you guys think is the best game of the 360 generation? or maybe it hasnt come out yet...GTA5?
I think there are too many to pick just one. There's the gears of war, COD and Battlefield, Final Fantasy, GTA 4, Red Dead Redemption, Kinect sports, Kinectimals, Dance central and that's without starting on the arcade games.
well they do a game of the year every year so of all those wich one was the best of the best, I know tough question
id say either the new batman or gta5 saints row 4 is a good contender
I can only speak about the games I have played and completed and I keep coming back to Alan Wake as the best gaming experience on the 360 for me.
if i had to pick from three games, i would say it would be between...

1. FALLOUT 3
2. RED DEAD REDEMPTION (PROBABLY MY PICK)
3. MASS EFFECT 2

all these games are games i would consider not only the best of this gen, but all the generations that preceed it.
There are too many fantastically great games to really narrow down even a fair, unbiased top 10 list. Seriously, we have seen a boom of gaming evolution on the 360 in the last 5 years. Call of Duty 2 showed us what next gen graphics were going to be capable of. Since then, there are so many experiences, from Limbo and Braid, to Borderlands and Crackdown, Halo and Gears, Skyrim and Fallout, there are too many to simply narrow down.
There are too many fantastically great games to really narrow down even a fair, unbiased top 10 list. Seriously, we have seen a boom of gaming evolution on the 360 in the last 5 years. Call of Duty 2 showed us what next gen graphics were going to be capable of. Since then, there are so many experiences, from Limbo and Braid, to Borderlands and Crackdown, Halo and Gears, Skyrim and Fallout, there are too many to simply narrow down.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
What if you were stuck on an island for a month and you can only take one game with you?
As Don Mattrick would say, I'm gonna stick with my Xbox360. Once the Xbox One comes out 360 games will slowly drop in price and I will be able to play the 100 games on my wish list
Oblivion w/ horse armor! By far the game I put the most hours into.
What if you were stuck on an island for a month and you can only take one game with you?
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
For a month? Probably some big sandbox game with multiple playthroughs, like Borderlands 1 or 2 with all the DLC (Get all characters to max level? Hellz yeah!) or GTA IV or V (maybe - assuming there).

I love sandbox games, but never have the time to play them how they are supposed to be played. A month would help me with those up there for sure.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
does my island have internet? it would change my choice
does my island have internet? it would change my choice
Originally Posted by SpectreSubZero
Of course, you would be house sitting a vacation home with all the amenities.
Halo 4!!!!!
Originally Posted by SpectreSubZero
halo really??? id go with gears or a new fallout
halo really??? id go with gears or a new fallout
Originally Posted by chunky meconium
I'm a Halo fanboy
I hadn't considered internet access. Hmm. Maybe I'd prestige CoD:WaW 10 times.
I've finally decided my game of the generation. ALL THE ONES I HAVE COMPLETED AND WILL COMPLETE.
For me it was definitely "Rock Band". With the continual DLC and local co-op, without a doubt the best gaming experience for me.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account