During an interview, Phil Spencer talked about his desires for future 360 BC-Support

Xbox 360

Found 4 posts - Go to Last Post

Basically, Phil Spencer would like to see (along with Xbox One playing Original Xbox Games) Windows 10 PCs able to play Xbox 360 games. I could see that as a cool way for them to grow their market/platform/brand. There are plenty of PC gamers that just do not buy consoles, but, if they could buy some of those console only games, they probably would add them to their collection.

But, it isn't high on the priority list, so, don't expect this to be a QTR1 2016 Win10 update...

Posted at Windows Central
I think this would be great idea, you think they would be able to make past windows 8 games BC? Like Fallout, since I know that PC games have a "sort" of shelf life due to the continual advance meant of the PC technology. I mean if they are going to make Original X-Box games BC on the ONE then this could happen. I mean I know there are probably emulator programs for this or maybe were not even in that time frame yet. Ok ramble over..
I think this would be great idea, you think they would be able to make past windows 8 games BC? Like Fallout, since I know that PC games have a "sort" of shelf life due to the continual advance meant of the PC technology. I mean if they are going to make Original X-Box games BC on the ONE then this could happen. I mean I know there are probably emulator programs for this or maybe were not even in that time frame yet. Ok ramble over..
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Fallout works on Windows 10, I have been playing it, again. (Currently playing it as futiles on a Surface Pro 1, signed in to Xbox Live via GFWL app)

Windows 8 games work on Windows 10. Some have gotten updates, but, ones that have not still work.

Basically, 360 games working on the X1 are doing it via an emulator. That emulator is based in Win10 code, just like the X1 update. So, to do it on Win10 is actually not that hard at this point. OG Xbox would not be hard, either, if done on X1.
Fallout works on Windows 10, I have been playing it, again. (Currently playing it as futiles on a Surface Pro 1, signed in to Xbox Live via GFWL app)

Windows 8 games work on Windows 10. Some have gotten updates, but, ones that have not still work.

Basically, 360 games working on the X1 are doing it via an emulator. That emulator is based in Win10 code, just like the X1 update. So, to do it on Win10 is actually not that hard at this point. OG Xbox would not be hard, either, if done on X1.
Originally Posted by futiles
Oh! Thanks for the info... this gives me a better feeling about his and other possibilities for the OGBox.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account