ITCHING FOR AN XBOX ONE

Xbox One / Series X|S

Found 26 posts - Go to Last Post

Which Xbox One Should I Buy?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 3 (7.50%) Xbox One 500GB Console Kinect Assassin's Creed: Unity Bundle - $499 USD

× 3 (7.50%) Xbox One Console 500GB with Kinect (No Games) - $499 USD

× 12 (30.00%) Microsoft - Xbox One 1TB Halo: The Master Chief Collection Bundle (Black) - $399 USD

× 11 (27.50%) Xbox One 1TB Limited Edition Forza Motorsport 6 Bundle (Blue) - $399 USD

× 0 (0%) Xbox One Console Assassin's Creed: Unity Bundle - $349 USD

× 8 (20.00%) Hold out for a Star Wars Battlefront Console

× 3 (7.50%) Buy a PS4 Instead

• Added 07-12-2015 06:08 PM
  • 40 votes
ITCHING FOR AN XBOX ONE
I am finally at the point where I want to purchase an Xbox One, but the big stopping point is which console to purchase. What I really want is a Special Edition Star Wars Battlefront console. I have searched the net to see if there are any plans for what should be a no brainer for Microsoft. There should have been other opportunities for me owning an Xbox One by now, but they never released a Titanfall or Destiny special edition console. Instead they released a Call of Duty and a Forza 6 console, therefore I still do not own an Xbox One. I am so over these franchises that have run gaming into the ground. I wish they would just release what I want already.

I imagine that it is Microsoft's call if the console was to happen. Maybe they would need to get a license from Lucasfilm/Disney to make this happen. Or they are planning to release the information once they have all their ducks in a row. The waiting is just annoying. I have even taken to twitter asking all the possible parties involved (EA, Disney, Star Wars, Xbox, Major Nelson) to see if this console could become a possibility. I would even be fine with a solid no it is not happening, but I have yet to receive any kind of answer back from anyone.

Looking at what is available now, I would want to go with the 1 TB drive, but I also wanted to have a Kinect mainly for the Shape Up title to continue my exercising. By the look of the new consoles is Microsoft giving up on the Kinect? This is going to be a tough decision on what to get.
I'm looking to get the Forza box. HD size is not a problem since you now can connect a 4 TB external hard drive
There was a Titanfall console bundle.

If you want the Kinect, buy that bundle with whatever games you can get. No need to buy the larger internal drive, as 1 TB isn't even big enough and you'll soon be attaching an external HD. Costco has a 3TB drive for $100 right now.

If you want the Kinect, buy that bundle with whatever games you can get. No need to buy the larger internal drive, as 1 TB isn't even big enough and you'll soon be attaching an external HD. Costco has a 3TB drive for $100 right now.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
This pretty much exactly, The only bundle with a game worth it right now is HALO and even then.. You'll fill that 1TB drive up pretty fast.
Nightmare and Hotdog are 100% correct, get whatever bundle you get a game and Kinect with. Then buy a 4TB USB3 HDD. You can connect 2 of them to your console, too. So, you can get 8TB of storage, cheap. Install apps directly to the console internal drive, games to the USB.
1TB no matter what other add-ons. Need the storage. I'm still kinda waiting for something a bit better, faster, bigger.

Or just do the 8tb thing...
When I purchased my Xbox one I went for day one for $449
1TB no matter what other add-ons. Need the storage. I'm still kinda waiting for something a bit better, faster, bigger.

Or just do the 8tb thing...
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
Honestly, 1TB is just as useless as 500GB. I was pretty much at 80% full in the first 3 months. But, with a 4TB, I am only about 20% full now. With 1TB, I would be back at 80% full, again. With the USB, you can have multiple drives, named and labeled, with 2 connected at a time, but with as many as you want in total. And you can bring them from console to console. So, you can have all of your stuff on a drive, plug it into any console, and game. Achievement Fest will be extremely easy this year.
Yup, 1TB or 500GB isn't much difference when most of the AAA games now are close to or over 50GB, so better off with the 500GB and an external drive (I have a 4TB). I also would never buy one without the kinect now that I've had one for awhile. Love the voice commands as well as the power on/off features for all my other devices, besides the actual game applications.

I'll be cashing in a bunch of saved up points from my credit cards for Best Buy gift cards to basically buy the X1 for free. I wouldn't mind having the game for the X1, but they no longer have the Titanfall bundle as an option.
Nightmare and Hotdog are 100% correct, get whatever bundle you get a game and Kinect with. Then buy a 4TB USB3 HDD. You can connect 2 of them to your console, too. So, you can get 8TB of storage, cheap. Install apps directly to the console internal drive, games to the USB.
Originally Posted by futiles
Wow, so you guys are filling up 1 TB drives that fast? I'm not going to be buy games like crazy like I did for the 360, so I see my self not filling up a 1 TB drive very fast. Also just wondering speed wise wouldn't it be optimal to play from the internal hard drive vs an external USB drive?
Wow, so you guys are filling up 1 TB drives that fast? I'm not going to be buy games like crazy like I did for the 360, so I see my self not filling up a 1 TB drive very fast. Also just wondering speed wise wouldn't it be optimal to play from the internal hard drive vs an external USB drive?
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
X1 has been out for 18 months, there about. Each month has seen 1 free GwG, at least. At 25GB per game (as a VERY conservative average), JUST GwG is 450GB since X1 launch. Starting this month, that rate doubles. All games are full installs, too. So, as soon as you put the disc in the drive, it installs. External storage is not an if, but a when. I got my 1st 4TB on sale for about $150 (I think). Well worth not having to download, delete, redownload, reinstall, delete again... Because my drive is full.

Just the apps alone take up a decent portion of my 500GB drive, I will look tonight to get a percent, but:

HBO GO
Netflix
Media Player
DVD/Blu-ray Player
EA Access
Wireless Display
YouTube

All are apps with a sizable install...
Well looking over options a little closer I'm narrowing it down to these:

I'm not caring about the two games much, but if I really want the Kinect, then the Xbox One 500GB Console Kinect Assassin's Creed: Unity Bundle - $499 USD

I'm pretty much done with Halo. The collection is a little over 6 months old and already has an unobtainable achievement? That's another sour note, but If I want the biggest drive right off the bat then the Xbox One 1TB Halo: The Master Chief Collection Bundle (Black) - $399 USD

The best scenario would be a Kinect with a 1 TB drive which would be packaged as a Star Wars Battlefront Console. I'm not going to hold my breath here, so once August swings around I will have to decide which one.

Thanks for the advice.
Halo MCC is the best game package ever. And this is from a guy that started to write a anti-Bungie email in another thread. There is sooo much game there it's insane. 1 unachieveable out of 600 achievements? And you know they are going to fix it, that's a non issue.

Futiles "conservative" estimate if 25GB is WAY off, there's no way it's anywhere near that. I have 109 games installed on my 4TB drive and it's only at 30% used. I would be you that the majority (more than half) would still fit on a single DVD disk. futiles is usually very meticulous so I presume he's ignoring ID@Xbox games.

See - The Destructoid Xbox One Game File Size Guide
Last edited 07-13-2015 at 06:01 PM by Kaens.
Halo MCC is the best game package ever. And this is from a guy that started to write a anti-Bungie email in another thread. There is sooo much game there it's insane. 1 unachieveable out of 600 achievements? And you know they are going to fix it, that's a non issue.

Futiles "conservative" estimate if 25GB is WAY off, there's no way it's anywhere near that. I have 109 games installed on my 4TB drive and it's only at 30% used. I would be you that the majority (more than half) would still fit on a single DVD disk. futiles is usually very meticulous so I presume he's ignoring ID@Xbox games.
Originally Posted by Kaens
You're right, I don't have many ID@Xbox games, so I never think about them. Mostly they have been ones that don't interest me, or they continue to delay the one I am interested in. (Very frustrating that Plague, Inc was part of the initial ID@Xbox presentation, but no word since...) I would say that I am somewhere around 80-85% "AAA" titles.
Originally Posted by Kaens
That link is great. Didn't even know it was out there. I guess with more digital options it is needed to figure out how much space you need.
Well looking over options a little closer I'm narrowing it down to these:

I'm not caring about the two games much, but if I really want the Kinect, then the Xbox One 500GB Console Kinect Assassin's Creed: Unity Bundle - $499 USD

I'm pretty much done with Halo. The collection is a little over 6 months old and already has an unobtainable achievement? That's another sour note, but If I want the biggest drive right off the bat then the Xbox One 1TB Halo: The Master Chief Collection Bundle (Black) - $399 USD

The best scenario would be a Kinect with a 1 TB drive which would be packaged as a Star Wars Battlefront Console. I'm not going to hold my breath here, so once August swings around I will have to decide which one.

Thanks for the advice.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
The important thing is to get what you want. If you don't, you'll be kicking yourself later on (Kinect is still not sold separately, I think).

Now what you really want doesn't exist, but what you can get is only missing a game that isn't even out yet, so buy what you can get, and then save up for the game, which will probably be deeply discounted around Thanksgiving-Christmas time.

Also don't forget that the OS takes up around 100GB of that storage space or more. Looking at mine, with only apps on the internal, I only have 357.7GB of the 500 free, which is only 6-7 games worth for the top titles. I have 9 games installed that are over 20GB, 5 of those 35GB or more each. If you've been smart about getting the Xbone GwG off xbox.com each month, all of those games will want to install as soon as you hook up to the internet, filling that hard drive nicely.

Also don't plan on playing anything the first night you bring the console home. With all the updates and game installs, it could take a few hours just to get through the updating and setup process. Any game you want to play has to be installed, disc or digital, so plan ahead for any game sessions that you might want to partake in. Hopefully your internet service doesn't limit your data every month, because you will max it pretty quick with all these game downloads and updates.
The important thing is to get what you want. If you don't, you'll be kicking yourself later on (Kinect is still not sold separately, I think).
It is: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsof...&skuId=8462033

But, at $150, it is much better to get it WITH the console
Also don't forget that the OS takes up around 100GB of that storage space or more. Looking at mine, with only apps on the internal, I only have 357.7GB of the 500 free, which is only 6-7 games worth for the top titles. I have 9 games installed that are over 20GB, 5 of those 35GB or more each. If you've been smart about getting the Xbone GwG off xbox.com each month, all of those games will want to install as soon as you hook up to the internet, filling that hard drive nicely.
Good point, had not thought about the OS and that would be a big chunk out of a 500 GB drive.
It is: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsof...&skuId=8462033

But, at $150, it is much better to get it WITH the console
Originally Posted by futiles
I actually went to the store yesterday and the stand alone Kinect also comes with a game (Dance something). No matter how you slice it if you want a Kinect, you are still paying $500. In which case if you go back to the 500 GB with the Kinect, then you need to spend $100 on an External HD on top of that.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account